Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:12 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,486,332 times

Advertisements

"Buy now or be priced out forever"

My personal favorite ROFLMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 11:31 PM

193 posts, read 487,869 times
The sky is falling ! The sky is falling !

The Earth IS flat.

Florida will be under 20' of water in 10 years.

Forclosures will destroy the banking industry, the Fed will collapse.

The economy stinks, Wall street and the rest of the world is WRONG!

Interest rates will hit 20%.

Real estate prices will fall to Pre War levels. (WW11)

EVERYONE is moving to Tenn or NC or SC

Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 PM

270 posts, read 568,644 times
Default ..........

what about "soft landing"not my favorite, but certainly the most used,and most laughed at........

Old 06-19-2007, 07:30 AM
SKB

Default Silly Billy

Audacious,

Your exaggerated examples look foolish and prove a point to show how desperate you really are to hold on to your unrealistic wishing prices.

As we have been posting solid evidence of our claim that housing prices will and are going through dramatic and drastic downward trends, you come and post silly comments.

If you had actually posted some data that was true and made sense to support your claims, we might be interested in listening, but instead you post ridiculous exaggerations that no one here has even said.

Funny you posted "the earth is flat" as an example, as that too was proved to be incorrect as in Isaiah 40:22, "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH". It was Finally In the sixteenth century everyone knew to be factual and true.

Hopefully it will not take that long to make a believer out of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
The sky is falling ! The sky is falling !

The Earth IS flat.

Florida will be under 20' of water in 10 years.

Forclosures will destroy the banking industry, the Fed will collapse.

The economy stinks, Wall street and the rest of the world is WRONG!

Interest rates will hit 20%.

Real estate prices will fall to Pre War levels. (WW11)

EVERYONE is moving to Tenn or NC or SC

Old 06-19-2007, 07:58 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Audacious,

Your exaggerated examples look foolish and prove a point to show how desperate you really are to hold on to your unrealistic wishing prices.

As we have been posting solid evidence of our claim that housing prices will and are going through dramatic and drastic downward trends, you come and post silly comments.

If you had actually posted some data that was true and made sense to support your claims, we might be interested in listening, but instead you post ridiculous exaggerations that no one here has even said.

Funny you posted "the earth is flat" as an example, as that too was proved to be incorrect as in Isaiah 40:22, "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH". It was Finally In the sixteenth century everyone knew to be factual and true.

Hopefully it will not take that long to make a believer out of you.
I have yet to see the dramatic and drastic downward trend in house prices. There have been some dips but fact is some areas are still going up.

I have seen the most exagerated post coming from those who feel the prices will go back to 2001 levels, price drops of 40%-50%. Some here have even stated that the GDP dropped 75% in the last quarter.

Besides all that this thread was about quotes not stats, she posted the quotes she wanted to but it didn't fit to your liking so she was attacked.
The quotes she put up regarding housing were very similar to ones that I have read from posters on this site, not exagerated.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:13 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,055 times
Quote From David Lereah: "A modest slowdown in home sales, coupled with improvements in housing inventory, means the market is in the process of normalization. That will help to bring balance between home buyers and sellers, yet sales will remain historically strong."

Housing Market Indicators:

----------------------------
  • Florida existing home sales: -26%
  • Florida existing condo sales: -19%
  • Florida existing home median price: $237,800
  • Florida existing condo median price: $215,500
  • Florida consumer confidence: 86
  • National existing home sales: -2.6%
  • National existing home median price: $212,300
  • National (Freddie Mac) mortgage rate: 6.74%
FAR - News and Events

Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 AM
SKB

Ocala,

You are quoting someone who had left the building. Why don't you quote him on what he is saying now that he quit working for the NAR and can freely speak the truth on what is happening? Here, I will post his latest words for you:

"We're in a real estate recession," said David Lereah, chief economist for the National Association of Realtors, who surprised many this week when he announced he would leave the Chicago-based trade group on May 19.

"I'm projecting the first [nationwide] price drop since the Great Depression," he said. "We're going to have negative home prices in 2007."

Housing cheers turn gloomy | Chicago Tribune (http://tinyurl.com/2uadgl - broken link)

Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 AM

627 posts, read 2,841,055 times
SKB, I like that quote. and I did not remember the initial post asking for anything other than favorite quotes.

Plus, it shows what a tall tale he liked to spin! Hahahaha (the numbers are current!)

Old 06-19-2007, 09:02 AM
SKB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I have yet to see the dramatic and drastic downward trend in house prices. There have been some dips but fact is some areas are still going up.

I have seen the most exagerated post coming from those who feel the prices will go back to 2001 levels, price drops of 40%-50%. Some here have even stated that the GDP dropped 75% in the last quarter.

Besides all that this thread was about quotes not stats, she posted the quotes she wanted to but it didn't fit to your liking so she was attacked.
The quotes she put up regarding housing were very similar to ones that I have read from posters on this site, not exagerated.
You can hardly consider my reply to Audacious an "attack", (see more exaggeration coming from this board.)
Audacious never quoted anyone she just said a bunch of ridiculous statements that no one on this board said.

When are you people going to get your head out of your XXX and wake up already.
Look around you, do you realize how many homes are sitting and sitting and sitting and NOT SELLING.

In the last 24 hours I have had five real estate agents calling me to anxiously show me properties just because I looked on their site and left my information to be able to look at the photos of houses.
In 2004/2005 you had to get up at the crack of dawn or spend the night camping out on the front lawn to get into an open house to literally have a bidding war on a house.
There were draws with builders and the "lucky ones" that were drawn got to bid on the houses.
Homes sold as soon as they hit the market.

Where did that all go?

Why don't you tell me how this is going to turn around and sales get moving again?

The tables have turned and it's going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
You can hardly consider my reply to Audacious an "attack", (see more exaggeration coming from this board.)
Audacious never quoted anyone she just said a bunch of ridiculous statements that no one on this board said.

When are you people going to get your head out of your XXX and wake up already.
Look around you, do you realize how many homes are sitting and sitting and sitting and NOT SELLING.

In the last 24 hours I have had five real estate agents calling me to anxiously show me properties just because I looked on their site and left my information to be able to look at the photos of houses.
In 2004/2005 you had to get up at the crack of dawn or spend the night camping out on the front lawn to get into an open house to literally have a bidding war on a house.
There were draws with builders and the "lucky ones" that were drawn got to bid on the houses.
Homes sold as soon as they hit the market.

Where did that all go?

Why don't you tell me how this is going to turn around and sales get moving again?

The tables have turned and it's going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.
"Your exaggerated examples look foolish and prove a point to show how desperate you really are to hold on to your unrealistic wishing prices."

That looks like an attack to me

You have stated a few times that you will wait for the prices to come down 50% yet you harangue others for their views on where pricing will go.

It would be to your best interest for prices to drop significantly since as you have stated you are going to buy a home, your constant postings of negativity in the housing marketplace seem to be a means to an end yet others who post in a positive vein are told to get their heads out of their asses or accused of having an ulterior motive.

Pending home sales are up, property taxes are being addressed, insurance prices are adjusting downward (I just renewed and Citizens was almost 50% less than State Farm quoted and one of my rentals which was already through Citizens is going from $1656 to $848). Florida has and will be a destination for retirees as well as families looking to get away from the north.
As I have said before I believe prices will level off with some minor fluctuations up and down for the next year but I definately don't see anywhere near a 50% drop and if you are waiting for that you will stand there waiting for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida