Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2010, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,729 times

Advertisements

hi there is this offer from new vista properties with 1/4 acre of land at north port FL for $40,000. but i'm not getting any kind of information how much this lands might worth after 5-6 yrs. I want to build a house there after 5 yrs then put in rent to cover up the morgatge to build house. According to the agent building new home is around 250 k. also if i'm deciding to buy only land now sine i'm a student then build house later, they were saying they would see the price of the land then and automitacally deduct that from the house price then. So i'm wondering if someone knows how these lands may worth after 5-6 yrs. Is it worth buying it, and will the land price increase. I may even sell it. So how r the sellng condition there. i'm going to see the land next week, so some help will be really helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
There are thousands of lots for sale right in North Port now and virtually no demand, at this point. I'm sure you've heard of supply and demand. When the demand goes down, so do the prices. It's hard to say what the real estate market is going to look like in 5 years or more. I actually own four lots in NP right now and would rather have my money on other investments. If it were me, I would not buy land in North Port for investment, it's just to uncertain. Of course, it all depends on what price you could get the land for. The average list price for land in NP is $5k and the average sales price for land in NP is $4k.

It seems like you are not ready to purchase at this point. You really need to do your homework and dig up some facts. Don't rely on what one or two people tell you. People are making some money right now buying homes and fixing them up and flipping them. But again, it takes time, money and some knowledge of the local market.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 06-12-2010 at 09:04 AM..

Old 09-25-2010, 07:03 PM

4 posts, read 9,794 times
$40,000 for 1/4 acre is too high. They went for $55,000-$70,000 during the boom, now more like $7- $13,000 for a nice lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida