Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,113,685 times

Advertisements

My daughter and I were looking on the web for something and came across an unusual (and hopefully obsolete for most) list of laws in Florida. Seems like the same lists are repeated on many websites, but not sure if this is truly real.

Florida Funny Laws

I had to laugh at many of them, but one of the best is:

-You may not fart in a public place after 6 Pm on Thursday.

Why only on Thursdays and after 6pm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 09:59 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,146,302 times
It means someone has actually done it before and got fine for it. ROFL

Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times
Broward County:
-Persons may not be "inappropriately attired" who work at hot dog stands.

I remember this one... sometime in the late 80's/early 90's women were selling hotdogs from those little carts wearing t-backs and causing wrecks..

Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times
Tampa:
-Women may not expose their breasts while performing "topless dancing".
-Lap dances must be given at least six feet away from a patron.

I can promise you that after a trip to the Mons Venus, You'll see that this is obsolete.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,726,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
My daughter and I were looking on the web for something and came across an unusual (and hopefully obsolete for most) list of laws in Florida. Seems like the same lists are repeated on many websites, but not sure if this is truly real.

Florida Funny Laws

I had to laugh at many of them, but one of the best is:

-You may not fart in a public place after 6 Pm on Thursday.

Why only on Thursdays and after 6pm?
Although there are crazy laws, I have a feeling some of those are just made up for comedy purposes. I would have to see them on the books to believe some of them.
That being said they use local laws for other things then the good of the public. They often pass meaningless laws to get a result they can't get another way. Such as unreasonable parking requirements for certain business like adult book store or like in my case I tried to open a pool room in a small town and they didn't like pool rooms. So they had in the past put on the books a requirement for a pool room to have 12 parking spaces for every table. A small 10 table pool room would need 120 spaces. More spaces then any building would ever have, most have like 10, unless it is a supermarket of something. And even then that would be a lot of spaces.

Mean time the same town had no such requirement for restaurants. In fact it was 1 space for every 250 sq ft. of open floor space. In other wards you could subtract the sq footage of tables to reduce the parking requirement. Assuming some of the laws are real, you see the one for lap dances. They don't say you can't have a lap dance just you have to stay IIRC 6 feet away making it imposable to have one. They use the laws then can pass to achieve the end for the laws they can't pass or may even be unconstitutional.

I don't mean to take what was supposed to be a funny thread and make it so serious but this is serious stuff. It is the government screwing with the people just because they have the ability to do so. Not necessarily for the public good. Just what they perceive as the what they think should be the public good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida