Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 01:52 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

Now that we are in the "Florida winter" and nobody is outside - is anyone out enjoying the outdoors, or all inside in air conditioning? I was just feeling so sick today until the rain came, and brought relief. But my parents in Miami tell me it has not rained in 4 days and is beyond horrible. What are you up to this weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 02:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Went to the beach yesterday, after taking a nice drive up to Hobe Sound Beach via a drive along Jupiter Island. I noticed that the parking lot down at the boat slips at Jupiter Inlet was packed, so a lot of people mustve been out boating. Also, saw a ton of bicyclists on Jupiter Island itself (must be a popular place for cyclists, since there were a lot of signs regarding bike safety).

Old 06-24-2007, 08:31 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Now that we are in the "Florida winter" and nobody is outside - is anyone out enjoying the outdoors, or all inside in air conditioning? I was just feeling so sick today until the rain came, and brought relief. But my parents in Miami tell me it has not rained in 4 days and is beyond horrible. What are you up to this weekend?

I have been working outside in my flower beds, touch up painting the exterior of the house, cleaning porches and decks, building a bird feeder, grilling out, relaxing on the deck, watching the wildlife and LOTS of swimming.

Saturday we sat on the deck and were visited by at least 7 cardinals at the bird feeder I built, a couple of hummingbirds, several beautiful butterflies enjoying the butterfly garden, a fat squirrel sitting at the bottom of the bird feeder - gazing in reproach at all those birds gorging themselves on feed he couldn't reach, 3 deer slowly grazing their way across the woodland, and a gopher turtle who waddled right up to the fence gate. I was quite surprised - most of the time they go into their shell when they get that close. This one didn't, he ate our grass for the longest time and then turned around and waddled back down the paver path in full view, down the slope and into the woods.

Next weekend - we clean the GARAGE!!@! But we'll do it in the morning and swim all afternoon. On Tuesday, July 3rd, we are going to be with friends - boating and skiing and watching the Altamonte Springs Fireworks Show from their lakeside gazebo.

There is plenty to do outside in Florida year round!

Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
I did a little cleaning and changed out all of my light bulbs for those energy efficient ones. Just in the past few hours, you can feel the difference in temperature in the house, as they give off MUCH less heat than a typical bulb, good to save energy in the Florida heat!

Old 06-24-2007, 08:37 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
We went to Sebring today. Neat place! About an hour and 15 minutes from where we live. Cruised around Lake Jackson, and the general area. Wish we left earlier. Picked up a lot of real estate info sheets from in front of houses.

There were a LOT of For Sale signs out there in every different price range.

We decided we're interested in looking into it further. Property taxes are a consideration but not enough to deter us to look in another state at this point.

Took a different route back home and man oh man did NOT see another car in front of us for 27 miles and it was wonderful. Something you never see on the SE coast.

Looking for a realtor in that area. If anyone knows a go-getter please put them in touch with us. We do not HAVE to sell our house in Port Charlotte in order to make a move....but it would have to be real motivating for us to tie up the loot in two different places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida