Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times

Advertisements

Yes, just got the green light from the realtor, as well as my dear husband.
We WILL be back in FL by the end of this month!!! HIP- HIP- HURRAY!!!!!
Like so many others before, returning to FL.
Well, this time around it will be Hope Sound, renting in Mariner Village (or something like that......)
I will FINALLY go back to having my own 4 walls....I am "homeless' and we live right now with my in-laws in PA...huh.
After talking to so many of our friends, we had to leave behind down there, we realized that we are, indeed, "Floridianized" in some weird way....ROTFL...
So, screw the hurricanes, the HOI, the taxes, the crowds, the traffic.......LOL...
WE'RE COMING BACK!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 07:05 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,602 times
congrats! Hopefully I will be joining you as a new floridian sooner rather than later....

Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,602 times
It's nice to hear someone who left the state and now wants to go back--I guess Fla. can't be as bad as some on here say.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
It's nice to hear someone who left the state and now wants to go back--I guess Fla. can't be as bad as some on here say.
Really...it's not AS bad, as some people make it out to be. I rather sounded a bit bitter too, when we were leaving FL, because of a lot of reasons. But, I calmed down, re-evaluated a lot of things.
I think what really was breaking our neck, and made us so "agressive" ,was that we got hit with the hurricanes, and because of it, our mortgage went up to such an extent, that we almost had to let the house go into forclosure. (Thank god we sold it in time, before anything happened in that direction).
We have our jobs down there, we can return to, our friends are already waiting, and our brandnew townhouse is ready for us to get there.
I think, it will be good, so much better this time around.
Plus, we are moving to a different town, and not where we used to live (Port Saint Lucie just wasn't for us or our lifestyle....no offense intended, because this time we know better )

Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,178 times
Congrats! I wish you lots of luck!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Congrats! I wish you lots of luck!
Thank's so much!
We're going to be "neighbors"....lol
Did you miss me????

Old 06-23-2007, 07:58 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,657,411 times
Congrats! No place like F-L-A

Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Congrats! No place like F-L-A
I guess not, otherwise I wouldn't be back....LOL!!!
Thank's for the congrats.....feel's soooooo goooooood

Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM

713 posts, read 2,670,512 times
Woo, hoo, MovingBack! Congrats! And those hurricanes, actually, we have fun during the buggers. A bunch of us meet at the same shelter (when we go) and we hunker down and have a type of p.j. party. Knocking off from work (some will do anything for a day off) and we rough it. When we go home, we make coffee the old fashioned way and chat. It seems to draw us neighbor friends closer together. Time out to enjoy each others' company. Then the electricity comes back on and we go back to real life and its conveniences.

So happy for you!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Woo, hoo, MovingBack! Congrats! And those hurricanes, actually, we have fun during the buggers. A bunch of us meet at the same shelter (when we go) and we hunker down and have a type of p.j. party. Knocking off from work (some will do anything for a day off) and we rough it. When we go home, we make coffee the old fashioned way and chat. It seems to draw us neighbor friends closer together. Time out to enjoy each others' company. Then the electricity comes back on and we go back to real life and its conveniences.

So happy for you!

Awwwwwww, thank's so much, for this warm welcome......
Yes, hurricanes also has a very "human side" people from the "outside" certainly don't "get"......
One needs to go trough it, to understand. (My husband refuses to "understand" anymore, and next time he will be the first one out.....LOL....you'll find him either in Georgia, or toasting in the Bahamas....LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida