Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 02:56 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times

Advertisements

well see if you could do a short sale ? has no one ever heard of that ? I had to do that when I lived in florida when i lost my job and could not find another one and sure as hell could not make the payment on umemployment check , so I went the short sale way and Im glad I did and the bank agreed to it the first lady who looked at it bought it . I sure miss my house but my relatives are helping me and my aunt and uncle have agreed to let me buy a rent to own from them in south carolina and in 6 months I will be there and working on that I cannot wait I am so tired of apt living LOL ...take care OP and hope it all works out for you dear . God bless you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 03:05 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well see if you could do a short sale ? has no one ever heard of that ? I had to do that when I lived in florida when i lost my job and could not find another one and sure as hell could not make the payment on umemployment check , so I went the short sale way and Im glad I did and the bank agreed to it the first lady who looked at it bought it . I sure miss my house but my relatives are helping me and my aunt and uncle have agreed to let me buy a rent to own from them in south carolina and in 6 months I will be there and working on that I cannot wait I am so tired of apt living LOL ...take care OP and hope it all works out for you dear . God bless you .
'

If you read the posts, the OP has plenty of money. He just doesn't want to keep paying his mortgage because his house is upside down. Not your situation at all.

I would guess that most people on this thread would fell bad for someone in your situation, as I do. Who knows why this guy doesn't short sell his house. That would make too much sense, I guess.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:36 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
It has nothing whatsoever to do with the banks. It's about being a human being with character. The banks have nothing to do with this situation -- the OP the one committing this fraud.
It isn't fraud. It is a perfectly legal way to manage someone's finances. The repercussion of which is a hit on your credit score. As long as you can live with that then make the best choices for your own life! Banks, neighbors, or unsympathetic people can be left in the dust.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Don't listen these self-righteous people OP. We the people were the biggest victims of the hazardous lending practices from banks prior to the recession. The banks and lenders needed to be taught a lesson as well. Save your money for the time being and take care of the house. Then, we ready, leave the place behind and start over. I can't believe some posters on here think people should be buried in hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt for their life. What if the buyer of that house didn't plan on staying there forever?! With the housing crash millions of people got stuck in places that they didn't want to be. They shouldn't be forced to stay there miserable and financially broken!
Who put a gun to his head and forced him to buy?

Even if he did not plan on staying forever he could have asked the bank to do a deed in lieu or a shortsale, instead he just decided to stop paying but still live there.

People can try to justify their actions and others will obviously back them up but that just talks to the character of both.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Say you borrowed the money from your Father-in-law. Through no fault of his own, the market went south, and your house went upside down. Wouldn't you feel at least a LITTLE bad that you're defaulting on your loan? Or would you cop the same attitude?

Get it?

That's called character, or the lack thereof. Do the right thing unless it cramps your lifestyle.
Not the same thing. I have ZERO emotional attachment to a bank. No, I would not be sad if they don't get paid. Banks have safety nets in place to protect them from the liability of a foreclosed home. Banks are also guilty of aggressive lending practices that puts homes in the hands of people who can't afford them.

And I would never borrow that type of money from a relative. No sane person would.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Who put a gun to his head and forced him to buy?

Even if he did not plan on staying forever he could have asked the bank to do a deed in lieu or a shortsale, instead he just decided to stop paying but still live there.

People can try to justify their actions and others will obviously back them up but that just talks to the character of both.
Short sales affect your credit score the EXACT same way in the state of Florida as a strategic default. Why in the world would someone go that route? They would be broke, credit would be ruined, no place to live, and the bank can then turn around and SUE them for the balance between the foreclosed price and the price at the homes purchase.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should do a short sale if you ask me.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I think that Mike1306's disdain is pretty darn rich considering he was a real estate agent back when all you needed to sell a house was someone that was breathing. Whether they could afford it, I'm sure it didn't matter to him. That's all well and good but now this judgmental tone is downright hilarious, coming from the guy that used to work at the carnival. And no, I'm not using an analogy or metaphor. He used to be a carnie. Then he sold houses.
I held a legal job, sold houses to willing buyers. I never forced anyone to buy a house, I never told someone how much they could spend but I guess me holding a legal job and looking down on people who walk away from legal obligations is so much worse than someone who agreed to something and is now just walking away from that responsibility.

And what is wrong with working at a carnival? By the way another legal job.

I also owned my own business, was a wholesale broker for multiple products, worked putting computer floors in the World Trade Center. What the f**k does any of that have to do with someone doing a strategic default on their mortgage?

Old 11-07-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
It isn't fraud. It is a perfectly legal way to manage someone's finances. The repercussion of which is a hit on your credit score. As long as you can live with that then make the best choices for your own life! Banks, neighbors, or unsympathetic people can be left in the dust.
It may not be fraud but the banks are starting to come after many of the strategic defaults. Most areas they have 5 years to come after them so I hope they give them a couple of years after the foreclosure when they started buying some things again and then come after them.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Short sales affect your credit score the EXACT same way in the state of Florida as a strategic default. Why in the world would someone go that route? They would be broke, credit would be ruined, no place to live, and the bank can then turn around and SUE them for the balance between the foreclosed price and the price at the homes purchase.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should do a short sale if you ask me.
Actually if you negotiate a short sale or deed in lieu you can negotiate that they do not pursue a deficiency judgement, if you go the strategic default route they can come after you.

That is why someone would do a short sale.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
It might seem like the OP is getting away with it, but these things have a way of coming back to haunt you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida