Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,595,928 times

Advertisements

$300 per month sounds pretty low for the Tampa area. My Mom & Dad asked me to check around and the cheapest lot rent I found in a decent area was $550. That seems (to me) to be a high price for a strip of grass. The owners are surely collecting it though... The Encore North in Land O Lakes looks like it's almost full at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The ones you're seeing for $5k are probably the really old ones. I'd recommend looking for one built after 1994 (when the new HUD law took effect) that is rated as 'wind zone II' (or III), these are the ones that usually have shingle roofs and plywood under the vinyl siding, they hold up much better to hurricanes.
I'll second this advice. A post-Andrew mobile home that's properly tied down is worlds better when it comes to dealing with high wind conditions, and actually frequently compares well to a stick built home in that regard. IMO, anything that predates those HUD code revisions is effectively a death trap in storm conditions.

Modern mobile homes also have to meet stricter energy efficiency requirements, and given how much you will need to run the AC, even if you're gone for the summer, in order to keep mechanicals happy, it's something that should be a concern.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,955 times
im looking for a mobilehome under 55, im 52 with a small dog message me [email]eddie.mcca@gmail.com[/email] if you happen to know of one forsale by owner

Old 12-26-2016, 05:15 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
For anyone living in a Florida Mobile Home Parks I have a qustion. On top of your monthly lot rent are you expected to pay a HOA fee. It's not a park requirement fee. It is a fee that some residents invented. Evidentlly they feel it helps keep lot rent from rising to much each year. Evidently they feel they are a go between the park and the residents should problems arise. These residents seem to just appoint themselves to this so called duty. I'm already paying a high lot rent that includes nothing. I declined to pay this fee as my house is up for sale. I noticed problems with this park shortly after moving in. Mainly with its strange residents. Always asking for money for this or that reasons. Is this common in all parks. Personally I think these people have no life beyond the park. I'm also not sure where the money they collect goes. All I do know is they have alot of nerve asking. Especially when someone has a For Sale sign on the house.

So how is it where you live with these residents imposed fees?

Old 12-26-2016, 05:25 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
For anyone living in a Florida Mobile Home Parks I have a qustion. On top of your monthly lot rent are you expected to pay a HOA fee. It's not a park requirement fee. It is a fee that some residents invented. Evidentlly they feel it helps keep lot rent from rising to much each year. Evidently they feel they are a go between the park and the residents should problems arise. These residents seem to just appoint themselves to this so called duty. I'm already paying a high lot rent that includes nothing. I declined to pay this fee as my house is up for sale. I noticed problems with this park shortly after moving in. Mainly with its strange residents. Always asking for money for this or that reasons. Is this common in all parks. Personally I think these people have no life beyond the park. I'm also not sure where the money they collect goes. All I do know is they have alot of nerve asking. Especially when someone has a For Sale sign on the house.

So how is it where you live with these residents imposed fees?
No if you pay lot rent you do not pay and HOA fee, you only pay and HOA fee if you own the land on which the mobile home is on. Sounds like a scam. I would check with the property managers or whoever you pay your rent to, and if they don't stop them than I would call the state of Florida and report them.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:21 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
Thanks that's what I thought.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:50 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Lots of Mobile homes in FL fully furnished and cheap, of all years. The owners die and the family has no interest in it, especially if out of State, and they want to get out from under the lot rent, etc.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:13 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,339,799 times
You would need your own online forum to answer all those questions :] Have you thought of simply talking to the home owners and park managers in the parks? I actually own a mobile home in a senior park, but am not about to get involved in this discussion. After a while, you wise up a little.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart48 View Post
im looking for a mobilehome under 55, im 52 with a small dog message me eddie.mcca@gmail.com if you happen to know of one forsale by owner
This thread is so old that you are over 55 now.

As far as cheap lot rents good luck. I looked into a place that offered $350 a month lot rent. It's a dirt road lot with the homes a few feet from each other, it's the smaller older trailer style home which are not more than 8 feet wide and under 30 feet long but sometimes with a side addition. , they advertise all over Craigslist but when you go there, there is no one in the office, and I called and one time they answered and didn't even have any homes to show.

I bought an older small 3/1 real home instead and my mortgage is less than what it would cost to rent a room in a person's home.

Old 07-06-2019, 02:04 PM

275 posts, read 419,976 times
All this is frustratingly confusing. So if the mobile home includes the property it is on then we do not pay rent but we might pay a HOA. Other than calling the agent and/or the mobile home park, is there a way to know what we would pay other than mortgage and utilities? For example see 10799 Sherman Grove Ave Unit 22, Sunland, CA 91040. How do I know what the rent or HOA or whatever will be? As I said, I know I can ask the agent but if I am searching for mobile homes for sale, is there a more direct way to determine the monthly amount above the cost of the mobile home itself (other than utilities and taxes)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida