Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,264 times

Advertisements

totally agree with you this is has to be the most saddest and dullest city in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,340 times
I have to say that I don't agree with all the negative coments on Palm Coast Florida, I am origionally from Minnesota and did a lot of looking around the Daytona area before we purchased our new home. Palm Coast is a great place to live the homes are not over priced for what you get, I would say that homes in Port Orange-Ormond Beach are over priced for what you get, when I was looking I found that yes these area's do have nice neighborhoods, but to get to most of these area's you have to drive by lets say the not so nice area's. Area's that are old run down, un keep to say the least. When I decided to buy, I looked at the big picture, neat clean and rules, that is what made my final decision to buy in Palm Coast, and as for shopping, I haven't found a shortage of shopping available. Daytona is just 21 miles away and Palm Coast is centeraly located between Daytona & St Augustine. Crime is low, forclosures are down as well as short sales, there is far less to choose from currently, and as for rentals, yes like all area's they can be a problem, but not if as an owner you just have to let the city know if the property is not keep up, they do go to the property and contact the owner, no problems. As a final note I find after 2 years that I love Palm Coast and my area, I would not want to live anyplace else, retirement in Palm Coast has the best to offer, low cost of living, many golf courses, beautiful almost private beach and the popular Flagler beach as well, Bike paths that are endless and the beauty of a well planned community. I Love Palm Coast.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,340 times
Thumbs down Palm Coast Dull? No Way

If you have ever been to Palm Coast and said it was dull and boring, you have never been to Palm Coast Florida. There is always something to do, 100's of miles of beautiful bike trails, beautiful beach's, birds & wildlife, golf, community events, read the paper check out the city we site. you will find things to do and enjoy, the worlds best rated Hilton right here in Palm Coast 3 years running, If you can't find anything to enjoy, I feel very soory for you, you must not enjoy life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiheat26 View Post
totally agree with you this is has to be the most saddest and dullest city in Florida.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 AM

9 posts, read 20,174 times
I am thinking of retiring to Palm Coast but I still need to work. Please give me some information on the area. Thanks!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:25 AM

17,280 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug182 View Post
I am thinking of retiring to Palm Coast but I still need to work. Please give me some information on the area. Thanks!
PC is great if you are rich and live in the country club on the water (ocean/intracoastal) but if you aren't rich it is just another Florida town with some new subdivisions just like everywhere else!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 AM

6 posts, read 15,158 times
My first question is....didn't you research, or visit, the area first. Did you have to move to PC or did you have other options?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:06 PM

258 posts, read 614,625 times
I would rather be torn apart by wild Dogs than live in Palm Coast !!!

Back in 70s, 80s and 90s was good ... Then the city and county commission ran infommercials and gave land discounts on TV in New York City, aiming toward low class trashy people in Brooklyn, Queens, etc ... The tricked worked.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 5,811 times
Ive lived in Palm Coast my whole life its funny Im considering moving to the midwest...but i live in the W-section and B-section....palm coast young people go to a couple bars, the clubs are in daytona but theres a couple places...Palm Coast is full of old people but it DEFINITELY has its share of us young folks (im gettin old 25 ugh). But anyway im new to this site PM me if you wana do sumthin...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM

3 posts, read 5,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
I would rather be torn apart by wild Dogs than live in Palm Coast !!!

Back in 70s, 80s and 90s was good ... Then the city and county commission ran infommercials and gave land discounts on TV in New York City, aiming toward low class trashy people in Brooklyn, Queens, etc ... The tricked worked.
Yes the trick did work and now palm coast in my guesstimation is at least 80% northerners between NY, NJ ,etc. Ugh yea Not many "true" floridiains in palm coast...I am of course..

Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,999,208 times
Palm Coast sucks, it's mostly a retirement center and it's full of NYers. Not sure why anyone would move there, but especially in 20s?

I don't really like FL at all, but if I had to, St Augustine is much more interesting with things to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida