Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 AM

96 posts, read 360,544 times

Advertisements

The factsheet IS outdated. Every MONTH the city improves.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamic8 View Post
Okay, okay! Coral Springs in my opinion is not as best a place to settle as Port saint Lucie. But for you to say that we in PSL are not educated is wrong and misleading! FAU and IRCC are great universities. Don't put us down like that. It's just not right.
The main FAU campus is in Boca Raton (A community she is considering), but I don't want to hijack the thread, so I will end this from here. PSL is becoming very nice, and the Tradition development looks great, so I am not trying to "put down" PSL. PSL is a very fine city.

PS. You can only get up to an associative degree at IRCC, but lets please end it from here.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM

True. PSL is alot safer than Ft. Pierce, who we unfortunately share our beautiful county with. Don't judge a city by its neighbor. Just like saying don't judge south florida by its ghettos or bad areas.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 AM

I'm out of this thread, since clearly you people can't appreciate the city of Port Saint Lucie and accept what it is. Bye.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 AM

You appear to be judging PSL by its neighbor. Don't look at the whole county.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
The gang related issues plagued LA 20+ years ago, now all the sudden it's the big topic here. Don't forget that robbery in Broward a couple of weeks ago where the guy blew away the two Subway Sandwich shop robbers. Or the Broward Deputy that was killed last year when that nut case was held up in his house.

Lauderhill and Plantation and some areas off of Broward Blvd in Ft Lauderdale are bad.

A lot of areas at the Broward/Dade line are bad.

Bad areas in Dade like Little Hati, Overtown, Northside , Carol City, Opalocka, Liberty City and Cutler Ridge. Nice places, just do a Google Maps Street View of these areas

Not arguing that parts of PBC are not crap holes. Boynton Cherry Hill section and parts of Delray, especially between Swinton Ave and I-95 north and south of Atlantic Ave. Along with other some other areas.
Sunrise Blvd in Lauderdale has some bad areas too. Interesting that you mention that corner of Plantation east of the turnpike. A lot of Plantation residents pretend it does not exist (I do hope you were not implying all of Plantation, though, which is a very upscale city overall). A very accurate perception. Robberies are everywhere, though,but the MS-13 is not. Broward has plenty of bad neighborhoods that I would not be caught dead in past dark,but I am just saying that proportionally, Palm Beach County has more, and they sink a little deeper and they tend to be less avoidable than a lot of bad Broward neighborhoods (Delray comes to mind, where they build gated McMansion communities next to poverty filled ghettos.)Palm Beach County also has a lot of EXCELLENT places to live, like Boca, Wellington, and practically all of North PBC, so I am trying to give a fair but factual comparison.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamic8 View Post
Not true! Port Saint Lucie is very educated and extrememely safe! may I remind you it has been on the safest list for 7 years straight?! Get your facts straight, or don't post anything negative about this glorious city. It is home to Torrey Pines, the Mets, FAU, IRCC, and more.
I don't know what you guys are arguing about. I didn't read the original thread. I am from Los Angeles, then San Diego and now in PSL. Regarding education levels, between my husband and I, we have two PhDs and two DMDs. There is a medical school campus in Fort Pierce. My neighbor is a retired chief justice from New Jersey. Are we educated enough?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM

58 posts, read 193,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
You are right. There are some really nice neighborhoods over there, but he/she wants to live in an entirely upscale area and the vibe there is not all entirely upscale.Don't get me wrong, its nice there, but if he/she wants a really upscale vibe closer to the beach, he should be looking into Boca,or if he/she wants an entirely upscale vibe, and wants to be far away from crime issues (he does), Parkland is his place. Think about it. You just get on the SAwgrass Exwy. and take 10th street to 95 to wherever you wanna go. Regardless, I agree with the above poster about checking both areas out, but I don't really know either way about Cali.

Regardless, if you get out here for a visit, check out neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale's northeast quadrant, or coastal Fort Lauderdale. You might like being closer to the bustle, plus you ARE much closer to the beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I don't know what you guys are arguing about. I didn't read the original thread. I am from Los Angeles, then San Diego and now in PSL. Regarding education levels, between my husband and I, we have two PhDs and two DMDs. There is a medical school campus in Fort Pierce. My neighbor is a retired chief justice from New Jersey. Are we educated enough?
Out of those three places; which do you like the best (that's if you were a single woman and 38 yr)? Not in LA on the outskirts (Seal Beach to San Diego)?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:58 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
I like San Diego the best. I miss the hiking trails in the middle of mountains along Pacific Ocean. I also miss the spectacular views from the top of a mountain. I miss all the good Chinese food at east side of Los Angeles County. I miss hanging around with friends in front of a pool with drinks without all the flying bugs. And, the pool of our friend’s home is located at the top of a mountain. You can drive to Big Bear from San Diego to ski in winter. The housing price is much higher in San Diego and the pay scale is much higher there too. South Florida has no real mountain. Why I am here, ask my husband!!!

I think you can meet a lot of professionals in San Diego. I mean people work in Biotech and semiconductor stuff (like Qualcomm..). You probably can meet someone in Fort Lauderdale. I am not sure about PSL (Sorry, PSL friends). If I were you, I will choose San Diego.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM

58 posts, read 193,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I like San Diego the best. I miss the hiking trails in the middle of mountains along Pacific Ocean. I also miss the spectacular views from the top of a mountain. I miss all the good Chinese food at east side of Los Angeles County. I miss hanging around with friends in front of a pool with drinks without all the flying bugs. And, the pool of our friend’s home is located at the top of a mountain. You can drive to Big Bear from San Diego to ski in winter. The housing price is much higher in San Diego and the pay scale is much higher there too. South Florida has no real mountain. Why I am here, ask my husband!!!

I think you can meet a lot of professionals in San Diego. I mean people work in Biotech and semiconductor stuff (like Qualcomm..). You probably can meet someone in Fort Lauderdale. I am not sure about PSL (Sorry, PSL friends). If I were you, I will choose San Diego.
If you had a choice of: Newport, Laguna, or LaJolla (as a single, 38yr, woman, no children and a home stager/decorator) not into the party scene but like concerts, movies, nice dining and beach activities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida