Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,159,933 times

Advertisements

Northwest Florida is also staying hot

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 PM

326 posts, read 470,616 times
ha! ha! ha! ha! (lmbo) on sunday it was hotter here in chicago than it was in miami!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 PM

326 posts, read 470,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I live 200 feet from the ocean, trust me, there's no cool breeze coming in here. It's 86 outside right now, and feels horrible~ Inside it's also 86, so there's no escape from it.
perhaps you should either get an air conditioner, or collect a few antique fans! or, since like you said, you only live 200 feet from the ocean, GO SWIMMING!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
I love hot weather. What bothers me is the change in temps. We hit 103 Sat. so I went to the spray park and then tanned at the pool. West River hit 110 on Sat. Now our nights are down into the 50s and 60s and it feels cold. Hopefully soon I'll be able to live where it's hot all the time.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I live 200 feet from the ocean, trust me, there's no cool breeze coming in here. It's 86 outside right now, and feels horrible~ Inside it's also 86, so there's no escape from it.
Only 86 eh? Nice and cool!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
Ocean breeze? Its hot as heck in Florida- please remember to factor in for the hellish humidity. I have to do things either early in the morning or after 5 pm. Apparantly its hot all over the U.S. but I have to say, central air, a pool and a car with ice cold a/c is keeping me comfy right now.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Ocean breeze? Its hot as heck in Florida- please remember to factor in for the hellish humidity. I have to do things either early in the morning or after 5 pm. Apparantly its hot all over the U.S. but I have to say, central air, a pool and a car with ice cold a/c is keeping me comfy right now.
You got that right! 80's-90's with little humidity is just fine - but add in the swamp factor and it's just a different kind of heat altogether. Unless it's really windy out, the "ocean breeze" doesn't really do much of anything. It also doesn't help when the surf temp is 86 and you think you can cool off by going swimming! Thank goodness for A/C, since you can only take off so many clothes and still be legal!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Sunrico it was 95 degrees here in Ohio yesterday !

I need to come to Florida for the cool breeze effect.......
Yeah, but at least we've got a cool front coming through today that will drop temps about 10 degrees....... Those fronts don't make it down to the Orlando area.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
You got that right! 80's-90's with little humidity is just fine - but add in the swamp factor and it's just a different kind of heat altogether. Unless it's really windy out, the "ocean breeze" doesn't really do much of anything. It also doesn't help when the surf temp is 86 and you think you can cool off by going swimming! Thank goodness for A/C, since you can only take off so many clothes and still be legal!
You are so right about the "swamp factor" - this is something people can't understand until they come down here and experience it. Florida is a sub-tropical state, we are sticking way down there near the equator - the sun is strong, we are surrounded by water, and most of Florida is near sea-level. We have jungly plants, and usually a lot of rain in the summer, and it makes for quite a hot, steamy heat. And I also agree about the "ocean breeze" - it is not cool at all, when it's hot the breeze is hot, too.

That said, although we have been having a lot of really hot and steamy weather lately, it really only started in late June - we have had a very nice year weather wise, IMO. I just hope the steamy part will end early, which for us here in Fla. would be October. If we aren't lucky it will be November of December before we get some relief.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:37 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
In Florida it's more tolerable when you get a lot of storms. Endless hot, dry sunny days mean that temps keep climbing day by day. It also adds fuel for those wonderful things called hurricanes. So far the whole Atlantic region seems sunny and cloudless, so it's heating up nicely. When the upper level winds change there should be some beauties forming out there, and hopefully some high pressure remains to deflect them our way. In the meantime it has been over a week since I have seen any rain and two since I saw a thunderstorm. Love the cool air, dark clouds and thunder, it really cools things down afterwards! Sucks the humidity right out of the air before the storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: