Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 03:03 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times

Advertisements

So I currently live in corpus Christi Texas and am looking to relocate.
I moved here by myself from Seattle last year for work and as much as I love the place for it's great weather and outdoors the singles seen is literally so bad here that I'm thinking of relocating again as I'm unable to meet anyone I would consider dating here.

A little about myself
I'm a college graduate, non religious white male with no kids. I live an active and healthy lifestyle and would like to be surrounded by like minded people. My hobbies include fishing, hunting ,surfing and kayaking. I don't do the club thing but I do enjoy seeing live music and having a micro brew from time to time.
My job will allow me to pretty much relocate anywhere in Florida or Texas with an income range between 50-65k depending on the size of the market.
I'll probably get blasted for even saying this but I’m also looking to live in a mostly white area as my job is partly sales based and after living in Texas the last year I've found that I typically do much better numbers with my own race when it comes to the sales aspect of my job. (hope I didn't offend anyone).

Any advice would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 04:43 PM

5,019 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Well, Sarasota is pretty white but no surf. Miami's defiantly out. Tampa Bay is pretty mixed (again, no surf). The Panhandle is quite white, but probably similar in entertainment to where you're at and very religious. Palm Beach is exclusively white and has some surf, but you probably couldn't afford to live in the city proper and the surrounding areas are anything but white. Lots of rich ladies, though.

I suppose I would recommend the Sarasota area, but again, not much surf.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 PM

11 posts, read 44,004 times
Single white male no kids and degreed ? Move to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic !!!! 10/1 woman-man ratio !!! LEAVE NOW !!!

Old 11-30-2010, 06:13 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny rowe View Post
single white male no kids and degreed ? Move to santo domingo, dominican republic !!!! 10/1 woman-man ratio !!! Leave now !!!
lol

Old 12-01-2010, 07:06 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I agree about Sarasota - although as was said, no surf. But pretty much everything else fills the bill for you.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
Melbourne? Excellent surfing by East Coast standards in the area, the Intracoastal is good for paddling and fishing, and you're reasonably close to a fair amount of land open for hunting. Housing costs are pretty reasonable, and it's not too far from Orlando for big name concerts passing through the area.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
All true, but is it white enough for the OP?

What is wrong with wanting to be around people of your own choice?

I think the OP asked the question is a polite way not to incite the racist here so please let it go and allow the OP to ask specific questions to what they want.

Nothing wrong with the question at all.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Definatley not Palm Beach County, it's very multicultural here. South Florida in general I would rule out. Maybe the West Coast, but your surf board would be useless. Maybe Cocoa Beach or the Space Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida