Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:40 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,785,825 times

Advertisements

I heard that many sightings, like the video above, were really just coyotes with a bad case of mange. (mites that make their fur fall out) Animals can look pretty scary when their fur is not there.
I remember about 10 years ago, I was driving in a rural area of Seminole County when some kind of horrific looking creature ran out of the woods. I'm 99% sure it was just a hunting dog with mange, but it was a terrible sight. Looked like some kind of hairless monster. I went back up there to try and find it a few minutes later so I could call animal control, but it was gone. It seemed very sickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,756,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I remember about 10 years ago, I was driving in a rural area of Seminole County when some kind of horrific looking creature ran out of the woods. I'm 99% sure it was just a hunting dog with mange, but it was a terrible sight. Looked like some kind of hairless monster. I went back up there to try and find it a few minutes later so I could call animal control, but it was gone. It seemed very sickly.
Exhibit A. Chupacabra!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
We found a dead Chupacabra in El Jobean, (between Sarasota and Fort Myers) Florida. Where can we report this sighting? We have photos, too. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:40 PM

737 posts, read 1,642,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
The Florida Skunk Ape Is The Southernmost Bigfoot In The U.S.A.

The Skunk Ape, what Floridians call their local version of Bigfoot, is known as Sasquach in most other places in North America. Evidence supporting the existance of the creature has been gathered over the years and consists of the hundreds of documented sightings, a few pictures, several foot casts and a couple of hair samples. Many questions have yet to be answered and as people investigate further in to the mystery of the Skunk Ape, we seem to be getting closer to the truth.

Is it real or not? Well, that's for you to decide.

Where did it come from?

No one is sure where the Skunk Ape came from, maybe it was here all the time. As humans started to spread around the Earth we infringed on its once beautiful and hidded sanctuary, and we noticed that we were not alone, and so did they. Some folks believe that the Skunk Ape is a close relative of the Bigfoot that lives in the Pacific North West. Some folks believe it's the same as the Bigfoot of the Pacific North West. Some folks believe it's a paranormal beast. Some folks believe it to be a myth. Some folks believe it to be hoax. What do you think it is?

Whether the Skunk Ape is a relative of Pacific North West Bigfoot or a hoax, it's not hard to believe that a being could live within the vast expanse of the Florida Everglades, existing hidden from our civilization. Imagine a culture of hominoids evolving side by side with humans, taking their own path. Is it possible? Well if you take in to consideration that we once thought the earth was flat! And we once thought that the moon was made of green cheese! And a long time ago, we even thought that Milli Vanilli could sing! Anything is possible.
They figured that one out here.

Well you see we do have a reserve here and some escape after the hurricanes This one my be legit but something other then what they thought.

I do know I saw something along time ago but in hind site I would say it was a joke being played by someone. Or possibly another ape that escape some other time. We had a train wreck in our area quite awhile back which would kind of fit my sighting time frame and lots of animals escapes from the train wreck. Hard to explain kind of like the one above but in water minus the glowing. Weird. Been a long long time ago and I didn't exactly take in details. Mine was also alot farther away.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 907 times
It existed in the South Miami marshes, 1969-1970. I know because I was there, hunting with a friend when we saw something about 120 yards away and unlike anything we had ever seen. It was grey in color and appeared hairless, with long ears and a hyena-like strong snout, quite long. Its teeth were fang-like and unusually prominent. I don't mind saying that it was a scary site! It disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 PM

7 posts, read 23,390 times
oh wow, i literally just posted something about a chupacobra a few minutes ago..now this pops up?!
Yes, i have seen one. at Indian Ridge Middle School about 7 years ago. It was leaning up against a tree, but when i ran up to the fence to get a closer look it started pacing in circles. Thats crazy that other people have seen these too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida