Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:13 AM

26 posts, read 110,573 times

Advertisements

God bless you! You're exactly right -- why can't we live up to our name and UNITE! I often think that the only thing that would make us truly unite is a rebellious alien invasion! Maybe that would make us think twice about turning against our fellow earthlings and divert our efforts toward world unification for the protection of the entire planet instead of worrying about who has control over the hydrocarbons within it!!

What I find curious is that I too am from a Spanish background & proud of it... my ancestors have been roaming around Florida and the Caribbean to Spain & back & forth since the 1500's, but yet when we say we are hispanics we are viewed as migrant's. Weird isn't it??

Yes - very weird! And you very well should be proud of your background as much as anyone else - including any American (whose ancestors have also come from another country at some point in time)! Additionally, as an American, I'd like to apologize for the attitudes of my fellow countrymen for their narrow minded attitudes when it comes to stereotyping particular ethnic backgrounds. Sometimes when I hear or see such things I can only hope that the target of their remarks understands that ALL Americans are not like that. And while I'm at it, I'd also like to apologize to the true Native Americans for the white man's invasion and ultimate takeover of their beautiful land. Too bad we didn't leave them in charge! Things would undoubtedly have been much different. Seems that in recent years their ideals and beliefs have, at long last, become important and highly valued concepts.

So the big question is, how do we unite the people of the United States? Looks like the gov isn't going to do it. I thought this country was supposed to be FOR the people and BY the people! What ever happened to THAT concept I wonder! I'm like most -- don't know how or where to begin such a huge undertaking, so we just let it go and rely on the gov to handle things (which is obviously doing things all wrong). It's like a vicious merry-go-round that we all want to get off, but no one knows how to stop it.

Keep the faith!

Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM

566 posts, read 2,058,255 times
Skye...

Ohh no...no need to apologize, I for one know & thank God everyday that not everyone is the same and I too feel like my ancestors did alot of wrong's to the natives, but it was the times - it seems most European's were into this conquering sport & messed up the balance of the world.
Our forefathers whether English, Spanish or French fought between themselves, lives were lost for this beautiful new America...the ones that followed were persecuted in their homelands for many things and did fear for their lives and strong breeds came about that became one & made this country great.
Now, generations have gone by and we're all in this big Titanic ship together. We need somehow to unify and the simplest I see & a simple start is concentrating on one language...no more citzenship papers in different languages, no more free handouts - having a true safe second chance in a free country is handout enough - only accept refugee's that fear for their lives, & that yes will be grateful to their new adopted land, & kiss this ground when they come. This is not a vacationing hotel, that is reserved for tourists.
I too feel that if an immigrant is going to come & wave their country's flags here when their countries are free to begin with, work here & send money back, then they have no business here, not because I feel better than they are it's simple mathematics really...the way I see it is that they are very lucky unlike others that arrived before them, whom did not have that wonderful chance like they do. So, of course by all means go back home & put your house in order. I'm not critizing them as most have been allowed to do this by our very own U.S., so why should they except any less? They expect it because it has been allowed. No other place on earth has ever been this generous - even before and forget now.
Anyway, somewhere along the line our govt. must step in & change things to the way they were or we will sink, eventually.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:23 AM

126 posts, read 280,439 times
Exclamation Try Tennessee

My friend the truth is that you can not have it all in this country, something is got to give, it's true there are towns in FL with significant crime while in others not bad at all, you mention you lived west of Boston, have you ever seen the area of Holyoke, in western MA? let me tell you; I've seen nicer places in Calcutta (India), now you live in upsate NY, well there are run down cities like Syracuse, Rochester ,Utica,Albany, that don't fare too well when it comes to crime and decadence.
You can always move to the middle of nowhere in Tenn. where is dirt cheap,
and enjoy new activities like watching wrestling, spitting contests etc. and develop a taste for beef jerky, good lock in your search of utopia.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:02 PM

126 posts, read 280,439 times
Default Really?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoohank View Post
Okay, after further research it appears that every city in the State of Florida has a high violent crime rate. It doesn't matter if it is Miami or Belle Glade, Miami has 400,000 people and a violent crime rate of 18.8 per 1,000 people, and Belle Glade has a population of only 15,000 and a violent crime rate of 29.8 per 1,000 people. The only common thing I can find in my research is that - and I know how this sounds - BUT! The crime rate is directly propionate to the percentage of non-white residents. For example Belle Glade is 70% non-white and Miami is 60% non-white. Belle Glade is mostly Black and Miami is mostly Hispanic. I am only stating facts look them up yourself.
My friend you just discovered the Niagara falls, Ha, Ha.... It is well known that areas where there is a significant concentration of african americans have a higher incidence of crime, although in our state of Florida it has been steadily improving. The fact is that this is the pay back for the centuries of abuses and humilliation that african american suffered in the USA, slavery was abolished by Lincoln, however public abuse, oppression and persecussion lasted until a few dacades ago, too recent for people to forget. African Americans lived in constant fear for too long in this country. I have many african-american friends and they are the nicest and most honest people that there are, while the anglo-saxon community continue with their stupid racism, USA continues among the most seggregated countries in the world Moderator cut: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida