Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 PM

45 posts, read 173,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
far from fla geographically, ex-floridian, but you still find time to come here... i dont miss nc - therfore i am never on that forum. however you still find the time to read about fla although you are no longer here... interesting.

ps- nobody washed your car unless you paid someone--- fairy? sorry i dont believe you.
The most unfortunate thing is I still own my house in Charlotte County - South Gulf Cove, for those who've never heard of it. Like everyone else, I can't get rid of it, so I'll never be free of FL until it's gone. And I still have family there that I have to visit. I can actually trace MY family roots in FL hundreds of years.

And I completely understand that you don't believe someone would wash my car without being paid. I couldn't believe it when I saw it was clean, either. Folks around here see something that needs to be done and is good hearted enough to do it without recompense. It's something that Florida invaders as well as native victims have no concept of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,186,024 times
i have lived in 2 states, but i can say that i have never heard of someone washing someone else's car... maybe they are working hard towards that massage you give ehh (you are the massage therapist right???) where is this in oregon or something??

Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 PM

Default You're probably right!

Excellent thought. I do treat massage a few people who really need it around here - again without being paid! I'll bet it IS one of them!

Yep, I'm in Portland, OR now. In the Columbia River in a floating home community. You can see right into each other's windows, so it's important that everyone really gets along. Even small acts of kindness seem to flourish into larger acts of generosity...

You got the picture!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 AM

1,130 posts, read 1,556,865 times
Hey ex-
I know South Gulf Cove. A few years ago you could have bought a lot for like $5,000. Now the prices have sky rocketed. We thought about buying in there, but its just not for us. Too many empty lots, and alot of the homeowners that are there are so freakin messy. They have all kinds of junk outside their homes. It says its a deeded community but I don't see any rules being followed at all.
We did a wedding in there (we are videographers). The house was nice but the canal behind the home smelled horrible. I am glad I didn't buy in there back when..
Hope you have luck in selling your home. Remember, there's a tush for every seat.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,625,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nRitzy View Post
Finally, some positive posts. Lately all I've been reading are negative posts. There has to be some good in Fla. I'm waiting for the day I can be one of the Floridians!!!! My dad moved to Fla from Cape Cod/Maine and never looked back!
Ritzy, Florida is awesome and you'll love it. Then you'll hate it. Then you might leave as some of us have done. Then after a while, you'll wonder why you left and you'll move back.

And so it goes.

Welcome whenever you get here and remember, Florida Tails are better than Maines. Hahaha

Old 08-24-2006, 02:29 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,556,865 times
Hey Mr. Tudo,

What you said about loving it, hating it, is so darn true. We love it a bunch, but when the holidays come around its just different and you can start hating it because you want to be with the rest of the family up north. Ah, what can you do?

Old 08-24-2006, 04:04 PM

I guess we could stay up north in the snow with our families?!

Old 08-25-2006, 07:05 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,625,317 times
Hey Bam,

It could be for a variety of reasons. I miss NYC sometimes. So I fly up, go to all the familiar places and love every minute of it..........for about 2 or 3 days and then it's "Driver, take me to the airport"!

Rgrds
Mr T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: