Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:01 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,654,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Where are you looking?

There's a pretty long thread about it that I started but if you don't remember, pm me and I'll tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,726 times
Default Hudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofboys View Post
Is such a thing as "old florida" beach towns that haven't been taken over by millionaires or developers? I'm not really into cookie cutter new development, I'm really interested in something older. Just curious.
I live in an old beach town. Or rather an old fishing village. It's a little town called Hudson. It's on the west coast of Florida. About 25 miles north of Tampa. Developers haven't taken it over yet. You can live directly on the Gulf for very little money. I moved here from Orlando and before that, Ft. Lauderdale and wouldn't live anywhere else.
You can't beat the gulf sunsets and quiet living.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM

15 posts, read 103,702 times
Have you looked at Cape San Blas, FL in the NW Fl Panhandle? No highrises and 1/2 of the 20 mile long Cape is State Park! No tattoo places or waterparks! Old FL at it's finest and I don't see it changing!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:25 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyJackson View Post
Have you looked at Cape San Blas, FL in the NW Fl Panhandle? No highrises and 1/2 of the 20 mile long Cape is State Park! No tattoo places or waterparks! Old FL at it's finest and I don't see it changing!
Just took a look on Google earth. Wow, if I built a house there it would have to be a bomb shelter. It looks like one good hurricane could wipe it all out. That bay area must be 5 miles across.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM

272 posts, read 1,531,172 times
There are no beaches on Cedar Key. Well, technically there is one. It is about 25 feet long and man made. One of the local hotels put it in behind their property. There aren't any natural beaches on the Big Bend section of Florida, from Tarpon Springs to Apalachicola.

The place you are most likely to see any remnants of Old Florida coastal areas is around the Apalachicola peninsula south of Tallahassee and east of Panama City Beach.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:25 PM

15 posts, read 103,702 times
Cape San Blas, FL -- Between Port St. Joe and Apalachicola (saw Apalach mentioned here earlier). 20 mile long peninsula...no high rises, no traffic lights, no tattoo parlors or water parks and 1/2 of the Cape is State Park! Hard to beat it! ENJOY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida