Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why Florida is the best
No Whiners and miserable crabs 2 6.25%
Sunny beautiful weather 13 40.63%
Beautiful women 4 12.50%
Lush landscaping 7 21.88%
Beautiful animal life 2 6.25%
Cheap housing compared to NYC, DC, LA, Chicago etc 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 AM

61 posts, read 225,634 times

Advertisements

There is 50 states but Florida is probably the best.

Please vote the reasons why.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
I voted for the animals because there are some species like the manatee that are exclusive to this area. Weather, no big deal, I live in Houston and it is the same as here, as for women there are prettier women in many other areas than Florida and I can't comment on the other 2!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
There are not very many "hot" people in south Florida unless it is temperature related. I tend to see many fat, and plenty of unattractive women and men around the Miami area, more so than when I was a child. As for the weather, that's open to debate. There are plenty of miserable old crabs all over, and you will find them on the road, in the stores, etc. You cannot rightly say that any place is the best, let alone Florida. Please be reasonable when making blanket statements.

Last edited by tallrick; 07-18-2007 at 09:52 AM..

Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 PM

172 posts, read 856,833 times
No Whiners and miserable crabs- Very wrong. florida has some of the most unhappy people of any state ive been in, their either whining about the traffic, or the newyorkers, or the cubans or their homes not selling.

Sunny beautiful weather- for the most part, but what good is beautiful weather when you cant walk anywhere because 90% of the state is sprawl and requires you to drive from place to place to get around?

Beautiful women-outside of maybe southbeach on a saturday night. florida has some of the fattest ugliest humans ive ever seen. makes people from NJ look like models.

Lush landscaping-in palm beach or in naples sure but that just isnt the case for everybody.

http://www.homeadvertisingnetwork.com/html/advertise_images/advertise_1526_0.JPG (broken link)
this cape coral neighborhood definitely doesnt scream out lush or beautiful, and this is representative of some of the better landscape in the area.

Beautiful animal life-cant argue with that. seen mini owls, rabbits, gators and armadillos. cool change of pace for me. but that pprobably isnt the case for people from miami, tampa, orlando etc i could definitely do without the giant roaches, mosquitos, fire ants, snakes, black widow spiders, lovebugs, centipedes and all the other horrible things ur likely to see here

Cheap housing compared to NYC, DC, LA, Chicago etc- its marginally lower in SOME places but youre comparing world class cities to a vastly rural and suburban state.

compare DC, NYC,LA and Chicago, to miami, tampa and orlando and the prices will be marginally lower but wages will take a tremendous nosedive. and those cities will face the same issues all midwest/northern urban cities face so besides weather, your quality of life will be the same or probably less since youll be making less money.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:51 PM

460 posts, read 2,343,829 times
I voted for sunny weather because that is my favorite part of this state!

Jen

Old 07-18-2007, 02:53 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
No Whiners and miserable crabs- Very wrong. florida has some of the most unhappy people of any state ive been in, their either whining about the traffic, or the newyorkers, or the cubans or their homes not selling.

Sunny beautiful weather- for the most part, but what good is beautiful weather when you cant walk anywhere because 90% of the state is sprawl and requires you to drive from place to place to get around?

Beautiful women-outside of maybe southbeach on a saturday night. florida has some of the fattest ugliest humans ive ever seen. makes people from NJ look like models.

Lush landscaping-in palm beach or in naples sure but that just isnt the case for everybody.

http://www.homeadvertisingnetwork.com/html/advertise_images/advertise_1526_0.JPG (broken link)
this cape coral neighborhood definitely doesnt scream out lush or beautiful, and this is representative of some of the better landscape in the area.

Cheap housing compared to NYC, DC, LA, Chicago etc- its marginally lower in SOME places but youre comparing world class cities to a vastly rural and suburban state.
Great job on moving to Cape Coma. . What do you expect out of Florida if you move to Cape Coma.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:02 PM

172 posts, read 856,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Great job on moving to Cape Coma. . What do you expect out of Florida if you move to Cape Coma.
lol tell it to my mother. she came here, now im stuck.

running like hell as soon as i get my degree

Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:

Sounds good . But there are places in this state that are quite beautiful cover quite large areas. If I moved to Cape Coral on my first time in Florida, I would hate Florida for life.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 PM

184 posts, read 863,057 times
Quote:

Awww where you running to, Chromedome?
NW Florida has pretty beaches, pretty landscape and pretty girls!

Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,012 times
I voted lush landscaping ....there are lots of gardens around Florida. And I'm a sucker for gardens.
The weather is beautiful, minus the humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida