Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: OPEN CARRY IN FLORIDA...WHAT DO YOU THINK
Bring it on. I want to protect myself! 34 35.42%
I don't know...I think concealed carry is enough. 35 36.46%
Where are we? The wild wild west? This will invite criminals to rob people of firearms! 10 10.42%
Guns should be banned. 17 17.71%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:46 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite_Sniper View Post
I have no issue with open carry so long as:

It's registered with a background check
they take a written and handling exam and pass it
10 day wait after handgun xfer

The bad guys will be carrying so I don't see why the good guys can't. It's not a license to shoot places up.
Off the subject a little but that gun in your profile what is that? Is it something you built? Do you do gun work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM

35 posts, read 69,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Off the subject a little but that gun in your profile what is that? Is it something you built? Do you do gun work?
It's an over the counter Armalite .50. I'm a collector on top of a shooter/reloader and instructor. I've built many an AR though. I've smithed some older guns but nothing new and I don't have the shop and tools for it anymore but I do miss it.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Very true about the aforementioned incidents. I have been a gun owner all my life, have a concealed carry permit, and never once have I needed to pull my firearm or use it as a form of intimidation. Unfortunately, there are a lot of gun owners who have a totally different mentality. I am still on the fence about this issue, since you guys are right- Florida is a messed up state. On one hand, I would love to see gun laws kept to a minimum for people such as myself, but on the other hand I can see a TON of jackwagons walking around with guns on their hips and an itchy trigger finger..."how dare you cut me off!! BAM!" "I wanted that parking spot! BANG BANG!" Sad, but true...
rich67, some of those things will surely happen if open carry is allowed. I'd rather continue with concealed, keeping mine at home loaded (no kids here) and if I have to travel at night or far from home, gun will be bagged, boxed or holstered -- same routine I followed in Texas. But if we're going to open carry in Florida, then I'll go for the double holster with my outfits so I don't look lop-sided.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 AM

21 posts, read 39,224 times
I'll stay with concealed.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
rich67, some of those things will surely happen if open carry is allowed. I'd rather continue with concealed, keeping mine at home loaded (no kids here) and if I have to travel at night or far from home, gun will be bagged, boxed or holstered -- same routine I followed in Texas. But if we're going to open carry in Florida, then I'll go for the double holster with my outfits so I don't look lop-sided.
I don't think open carry is really what they are doing. They are removing a little wrinkle where someone could yell "He has a gun" because your gun became visible for an instant maybe as you reached for something in a store and you would find yourself in trouble.
It is just a logical fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida