Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
We all need to use information that is available to us for anything we do.

As far as sex offenders, we need a big room full of lethal gas to rid our society of these people then we wont have to deal with them anymore.
The term "Sex offender" creates a knee jerk reaction. The white collar criminals who take peoples life savings are just as bad, destroying peoples lives. Lets face it, we have a screwed up legal system. The white collar criminal does 10 months and is out on the street mean time they have caused people to commit suicide.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:58 PM

120 posts, read 170,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
This happened several years ago in the state of Florida. A 17 year old young man had a 15 year old girlfriend. They went to school together and they had been boyfriend and girlfriend for a time. Her parents liked him and they got along just fine. Then he turned 18. The two were caught *making out* by a local police officer one night and when asked if they were having sex, the young man told the truth. He's now a convicted sex offender.
Seen this MANY times! Guy and girl are 17. Parents don't like guy. Guy turns 18 and parents call police after finding them "doing their business." I've met offenders who are married to their "victims."

Also, met people on the offender list who's only offense was urinating in the woods. Say you're jogging and you have to go. You go into the woods to pee and here comes a mother walking by. She calls the cops and the guy gets booked for indecent exposure. I never trust the lists because a good majority of the "offenders" don't even deserve to be on the list.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Lightbulb To Catch a Predator

Last night NBC aired To Catch a Predator. I was disgusted by the repulsive actions that young and older males where planning on a 13 year old girl (she was the bait, actually 18 years old). Please visit the site and is incredible the type of individuals that are attempting to have sex with minors.

MSNBC - 'To Catch a Predator' Front Page

The have pictures, names, etc of the individuals and also provide link to previous shows....

Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
I have a few offenders that live very close to me, and I check the register (familywatchdog.us) every once in a while to see who's there.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:15 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This is what I wish. It looks scary to see so many listed, but if we knew the nature of the offenses, some of them wouldn't scare us so much. It is a fact that many of these involved a consenting but underage person who looked older - the police told me this themselves years ago. Yet, these "offenders" are lumped in with the criminals who molest, abuse, etc.

I was upset to see 36 listed within 2 miles of my new address, then I looked up my old address in Sarasota and it was TWICE that (same size town, too) then the neighborhood where I grew up and it was 89! Sometimes ignorance is bliss.....

Check the North Dakota register, they give very detailed descriptions (type in a random large city in North Dakota and look at some people on familywatchdog.us). I read many of them and they were both disturbing and sad.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
Is there a registry for murderers and burglars too?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Check the following: Web-Investigation.com – Free Online Investigation Services.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Sort of .

The FDLE site lets you search for known criminals as well as sex offenders:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/

Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,342 times
Default What???

Quote:
I've seen that a lot of people are doing computer searches on sex offenders to help decide where to live? I find this a bit odd since I assume 10 or 20 years ago you couldn't do these searches at all and people seemed to survive. Also, does it tell what exactly their offense was? And how do these searches protect you from the offenders who've never been arrested??
I find it odd that you would find it odd! Do you just blindly move into a place that you have not checked out or do you not have kids to protect. 10 or 20 years ago there was not way of checking and people did survive...people also survived sexual abuse and some did not! These searches help protect people from moving by a sex offender!!! Arrested or not, they are still sex offenders. Does that even matter? Would you NOT want to know about a pervert living next door? Yes, they need to be arrested but the simple fact is that most get away with abusing a child and never pay for what they have done. FLBRN

Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 PM

I believe that Realtors are not required to provide info on sex offender within the locale that the home is sold. But should they provide that info if the buyer ask?

Should this be included in the package of info? Sounds crazy, but if the person does not do any research might place his family in jeopardy with this concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida