Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 05:47 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,015 times

Advertisements

The FCAT Exam is a standardized test given to students in grades 3rd (to advanced towards 4th grade) and sophomores in high school (to graduate).

I cheated on the 10th grade assessment exam. Originally I failed the reading section on both the 1st and 2nd (retry) time. I ''passed'' the exam on the second retry (3rd time) by copying from another girl's answer sheet. The rest of us in the room were then 11th graders retaking the exam and I got away with it. I graduated in June 2, 2005 so it's obviously been a while since receiving my diploma.

My question is the following:

If this were discovered or hypothetically speaking I were to tell them (I would never do and don't care) but if.... then what can occur?

Would the they all the way towards taking away my diploma that's been signed long ago or mark me off the yearbook? I know it was absolutely wrong but I was desperate and without a diploma, you can't apply to job positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:40 PM

13,687 posts, read 8,001,483 times
The school is going to confiscate all the yearbooks and erase your name and picture from every one. Then, they will send a SWAT team to your house to confiscate your diploma. They will then burn it in a big metal trash can. Then, you're going to jail. Then they will kill your kitten and your goldfish.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,336,999 times
Sounds like you're uptight about it still.

Relax.

First, I highly doubt anyone is going back and comparing answers 6 years later.

Second, standardized testing is simply some ignorant persons way of thinking we can place all humans onto a scale and figure out how much they "know."

If you haven't already you'll come to find that in the world it's really never about how much you know, it's about who you know.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:12 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,353,160 times
They definitely don't want to know. FCATs are used to get federal money. Period. School systems all over the country have been known to fudge the numbers, not count the kids that didn't graduate, pass and graduate kids that can't read or write, expel kids with learning issues, lower their standards to ridiculous levels, and all for the bucks. No. They don't want to hear from you.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:24 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
They definitely don't want to know. FCATs are used to get federal money. Period. School systems all over the country have been known to fudge the numbers, not count the kids that didn't graduate, pass and graduate kids that can't read or write, expel kids with learning issues, lower their standards to ridiculous levels, and all for the bucks. No. They don't want to hear from you.
They are indeed known to waste money on irrelevant materials. Those bucks could have been used for the poor, handicapped people or those with real learning disabilities. In the end hardly anyone cares about altruism. It seems that the richer someone is, the more self-center they turn out to be.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,353,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
They are indeed known to waste money on irrelevant materials. Those bucks could have been used for the poor, handicapped people or those with real learning disabilities. In the end hardly anyone cares about altruism. It seems that the richer someone is, the more self-center they turn out to be.
I am a lot older than you and I've found that the majority of people can be self-centered. Oddly enough, the poor are often more vicious and apt to elbow or step on others to get ahead. I suspect it comes from being in their situation. There are also a lot of people that started out poor but worked hard - or not - and made some money. Those folks tend to be the least empathetic towards their neighbors; sometimes very mean-spirited. I think it comes from having the attitude that if they can make it then anyone can. That's not always true.

And yes, some school systems lined their pockets without a thought for their students. If there is a hell I suspect there is a special place for people like that.

Just some observations from an older lady. You may come to different conclusions.

Just don't cheat again. If it bothers you so much years later I suspect you won't. Work hard and never forget where you came from. Pay it forward.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,409,919 times
they wouldn't do anything, they don't care. and if they did i tell them they are fricken lying, prove it.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:57 PM

2,535 posts, read 1,874,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
The FCAT Exam is a standardized test given to students in grades 3rd (to advanced towards 4th grade) and sophomores in high school (to graduate).

I cheated on the 10th grade assessment exam. Originally I failed the reading section on both the 1st and 2nd (retry) time. I ''passed'' the exam on the second retry (3rd time) by copying from another girl's answer sheet. The rest of us in the room were then 11th graders retaking the exam and I got away with it. I graduated in June 2, 2005 so it's obviously been a while since receiving my diploma.

My question is the following:

If this were discovered or hypothetically speaking I were to tell them (I would never do and don't care) but if.... then what can occur?

Would the they all the way towards taking away my diploma that's been signed long ago or mark me off the yearbook? I know it was absolutely wrong but I was desperate and without a diploma, you can't apply to job positions.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,196,727 times
They'll put it on your permanent record.

Seriously, we all have done things we're not proud of. As another poster said, just use it as a learning experience and try to be a better person going forward.

Last edited by macrodome2; 09-21-2014 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-21-2014, 03:22 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,579,794 times
No one cares. Just move on from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida