U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2006, 07:24 AM

1,130 posts, read 1,310,891 times

Advertisements

I posted that there to see how many of us start debating the issue.
THE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH. PERIOD.
DEAL OR NO DEAL????
Rate this post positively

Old 08-23-2006, 07:50 AM

99 posts, read 287,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
I posted that there to see how many of us start debating the issue.
THE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH. PERIOD.
DEAL OR NO DEAL????
Bamboo, there isn't really much of a debate. As as I said, I'm upset that good people like you are paying the price for idiots who messed up the market. You seem like a sweet person.

Guys this is not personal. Bamboo is simply as frustrated as all of us on BOTH sides of the issue. But talking here won't solve anything. We need to petition, call, and curse government to make smarter decisions the next time around. Although I'm leaving, I will still be following the situation and being active so it doesn't happen in the community I MOVE to.

Last edited by chocomom; 08-23-2006 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: wording

Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 AM

Yup, we are all fustrated. I don't have to sell, just want to and will not be greedy. I was mislead by my realtor who never opened her darn mouth about pricing. I asked her if we were priced right and she said we were in line.
That's not good enought these days. We are having a new realtor time in today...If your realtor isn't going to help you in the right direction then what good are they? We should have taken the $280 offer but she didn't say boo to us. Nadda, nothing... She should have had her A * * over our house with the offer in writing, which she didn't.
We are going to be fair with our pricing. If we don't get any action then we will simply keep the house and just enjoy what we put into it and that's that.
We originally wanted to sell and buy up north and come down here in the winter months. I really doesn't matter either way now. I have a great home and will have nothing to do to it for many years to come. You have seen the pictures of it.
Oh dear, guess we are all just gonna have to pull together and make each other smile during these hard times guys

Old 08-23-2006, 09:11 AM

566 posts, read 1,934,577 times
Ruffled feathers? I don't have any left...I'm plucked out. Though, I can 100% understand the frustrations felt by all on the job situations, ins, r.e.market, etc. going on now. I tell my husband at times that I feel like running naked banging pots/pans thru the streets to see if someone in power will take notice on the issues at hand.
Just the other day someone had the nerve to tell me, "well, things change, go up in prices, etc. & it's normal & we just simply have to adjust". You know, all I can offer is my life experience in what I've experienced in S.Fl... and in all my life here I never, ever seen nor experienced this total unbalance on everything.
Well, better stop as some might not want to hear some of this as it may come across as being negative ...but I think that in order to make an important life decision the affects our entire lives, the good & the bad points on anything must be known.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Ruffled feathers? I don't have any left...I'm plucked out. Though, I can 100% understand the frustrations felt by all on the job situations, ins, r.e.market, etc. going on now. I tell my husband at times that I feel like running naked banging pots/pans thru the streets to see if someone in power will take notice on the issues at hand.
Just the other day someone had the nerve to tell me, "well, things change, go up in prices, etc. & it's normal & we just simply have to adjust". You know, all I can offer is my life experience in what I've experienced in S.Fl... and in all my life here I never, ever seen nor experienced this total unbalance on everything.
Well, better stop as some might not want to hear some of this as it may come across as being negative ...but I think that in order to make an important life decision the affects our entire lives, the good & the bad points on anything must be known.
Lulu, I'll join you if you decide to run naked through the streets. Maybe then the media will concentrate on the plight of the middle-class and how the various issues they bring up are all inter-connected.

I'm only 25 and I'm exhausted. The stress of my kids, my husband, my job, and trying to make ends meet is too much. So in a few weeks I'll leave everything I know and move to a place completely new to try to start again. Unfortunately, I know that I luckier than most as many people just can't make that choice b/c too many obligations exist. And they shouldn't need to.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,644,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocomom View Post
Lulu, I'll join you if you decide to run naked through the streets. Maybe then the media will concentrate on the plight of the middle-class and how the various issues they bring up are all inter-connected.

I'm only 25 and I'm exhausted. The stress of my kids, my husband, my job, and trying to make ends meet is too much. So in a few weeks I'll leave everything I know and move to a place completely new to try to start again. Unfortunately, I know that I luckier than most as many people just can't make that choice b/c too many obligations exist. And they shouldn't need to.
I am sorry to ask if you have already talked about it but where will you be going? I will be leaving also when I get things in order but may or may not be leaving the state altogether. Just looking for a little better quality of life at least from my perspective.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I am sorry to ask if you have already talked about it but where will you be going? I will be leaving also when I get things in order but may or may not be leaving the state altogether. Just looking for a little better quality of life at least from my perspective.
I moving to Atlanta. But we are renting, so as the end of the lease approaches we'll decide if we'll stay or try somewhere else. If we stay, we'll be moving into a home as GA has a wonderful first-time homebuyer program fro law enforcement that we hope to take advantage of. We are actually moving to Dunwoody, right outside the city. This is mainly because I really want to learn about the area by being in the heart of it.

There are varying housing prices all over the area in which we're staying, all while being close to the city. They have older homes for $150k and condos that start in the low $100s. I'm taking it slow. No place is perfect, but when the struggle to survive starts to affect quality of life.....something has to be done.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:47 AM

566 posts, read 1,934,577 times
I agree, no..they shouldn't need to. It's sad to have to see peoples lives being disrupted like this.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:23 AM

Default OK grab those pots and pans~!

Lulu, I agree!!!! let's all grab our pots and pans and run through the streets
yelling "We are mad as h * * L and we aren't going to take it anymore!"
LOL Oh dear!
I am not going to let the negative bitter people here get me down. No way,
No how!!! I am not!
Who here agrees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida