Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM

9 posts, read 69,031 times

Advertisements

Hi, I currently live in Michigan and am tired of cloudy days, cold, and horrible economic conditions. I would like to relocate to Florida. Where would be a good place for a guy my age to move to? Would like to be near water, as I want to buy a sailboat and I love to jetski and would like to get into scuba diving. I'm also single and want to be around lots of other singles, although I'm not too much into bars or partying 24/7. I have a buddy in Tampa, love it there. Any ideas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
You will get the sun, sand, and a lot less cloudy days... But, the economic situation is no better here.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerstudent18 View Post
Hi, I currently live in Michigan and am tired of cloudy days, cold, and horrible economic conditions. I would like to relocate to Florida. Where would be a good place for a guy my age to move to? Would like to be near water, as I want to buy a sailboat and I love to jetski and would like to get into scuba diving. I'm also single and want to be around lots of other singles, although I'm not too much into bars or partying 24/7. I have a buddy in Tampa, love it there. Any ideas? Thanks!

Since you have a friend in Tampa, best advise is go to Tampa area. You will already have a friend who has friends that can maybe become your initial social group which always makes a change in location easier. They might even make finding a job a little easier. There are a lot of things to do in that area of the state and there are some great beaches.

On the East coast you have the Indian River/Intercoastal waterways that are great for sailing and jetskiing. Job situation is more iffy over here right now because no one knows for sure how bad the impact on the area will be after the last shuttle flies.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM

509 posts, read 1,680,408 times
Move to where ever you can land a job and then look around. You are never far from water anywhere in the state.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 AM

646 posts, read 1,642,101 times
I would suggest SW FL, Maybe Cape Coral. You mentioned buying a sailboat, and you can buy or rent a sail boat gulf access home and park it right in your backyard!

Our beaches were on the travel channel. Sanibel, Captiva Island, Lover's Key.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Like several others have said, I would go where you can find a job. What's your profession?

I would also probably suggest the Tampa or Sarasota areas for you to begin looking. You probably should spend a week or two exploring areas along the coast to see what area fits you best.

Also, I would suggest renting first until you get to know the area better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida