Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 12:19 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Food is not taxed in Florida.
Really? Why dont you read up on it and get back to me.....

Many quirks in Florida's sales tax laws | Tampa Bay Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 12:31 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Really? Why dont you read up on it and get back to me.....

Many quirks in Florida's sales tax laws | Tampa Bay Times
never knew that the tax applied to the full price pre-discount. That being said, it's generally the exception rather than the rule when I find food that is taxed on my grocery bill (usually it's the junk food )

Edit: seems like there are ways around the tax on the full product value:

Quote:
The added tax is avoided if a manufacturer drops a wholesale price for a special deal rather than using rebates or coupons.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,174 times
Hangovers suck!! that's the main reason why weed is less detrimental to society than alcohol in my opinion. You don't wake up the next day sick and sometimes praising the porcelain god. I know from personal experience that I can smoke 10 joints in a 4 hour period and probably waste 8 of them as I only seem to be able to get so high. If i drank ten 12 ounce beers in 4 hours i would be having a great time for at least 3 of those 4 hours till the I am too messed up to stand up or walk straight. The next day it takes me at least an hour to get out of bed because of a pounding headache and half the time i wind up with a trashcan for vomiting. I then finally get something in my tummy and wait for the rest of the alcohol to metabolize and leave my body. Yea weed will make ya hungry and laid back and sometimes lazy but it has never caused me to miss work due to a hangover. I know both weed heads and drunks that have their own businesses and seem to do fine in life. I also know weed heads and alcoholics that are happy to collect their 40 hr paycheck and just skate by in life and i find nothing wrong with either choice. I feel it should be a personal choice not some politician or holy roller telling me what is good or bad for me. I can figure it out for myself. I have lived my life by making choices based mostly on personal experience and its been working out good for me so far.
Weed is all natural and grows from a seed that occurs naturally in nature. Alcohol needs to processed to be produced in large quantities. I have drove under the influence of alcohol and woke up the next day wondering how I got home and not remembering what exactly i did the night before. This has never happened to me driving under the influence of weed. for the record i still partake in both of these drugs. In my opinion prescription pills are worse than either alcohol or weed. I have seen more ten people that i personally know wind up overdosing on pills (sometimes mixed with alcohol) or alcohol that wind up in the hospital or morgue. I'm not saying it hasn't happened but i have never seen or heard of anyone overdosing on weed. I have seen weed cause a panic attack on a first time smoker that was crazy she wanted to go to the hospital. The party host fearing repercussions talked her out of it. He gave her a Tylenol and told her it was a sedative and 20 minutes later she was all better.
a question for all the religious people against weed legalization to ponder. If god is all knowing and good and he/she created all things then why did he/she create the marijuana plant?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:37 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
An old saying....

God made pot.

Man made alcohol.

Who do you trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh110 View Post
Hangovers suck!! that's the main reason why weed is less detrimental to society than alcohol in my opinion. You don't wake up the next day sick and sometimes praising the porcelain god. I know from personal experience that I can smoke 10 joints in a 4 hour period and probably waste 8 of them as I only seem to be able to get so high. If i drank ten 12 ounce beers in 4 hours i would be having a great time for at least 3 of those 4 hours till the I am too messed up to stand up or walk straight. The next day it takes me at least an hour to get out of bed because of a pounding headache and half the time i wind up with a trashcan for vomiting. I then finally get something in my tummy and wait for the rest of the alcohol to metabolize and leave my body. Yea weed will make ya hungry and laid back and sometimes lazy but it has never caused me to miss work due to a hangover. I know both weed heads and drunks that have their own businesses and seem to do fine in life. I also know weed heads and alcoholics that are happy to collect their 40 hr paycheck and just skate by in life and i find nothing wrong with either choice. I feel it should be a personal choice not some politician or holy roller telling me what is good or bad for me. I can figure it out for myself. I have lived my life by making choices based mostly on personal experience and its been working out good for me so far.
Weed is all natural and grows from a seed that occurs naturally in nature. Alcohol needs to processed to be produced in large quantities. I have drove under the influence of alcohol and woke up the next day wondering how I got home and not remembering what exactly i did the night before. This has never happened to me driving under the influence of weed. for the record i still partake in both of these drugs. In my opinion prescription pills are worse than either alcohol or weed. I have seen more ten people that i personally know wind up overdosing on pills (sometimes mixed with alcohol) or alcohol that wind up in the hospital or morgue. I'm not saying it hasn't happened but i have never seen or heard of anyone overdosing on weed. I have seen weed cause a panic attack on a first time smoker that was crazy she wanted to go to the hospital. The party host fearing repercussions talked her out of it. He gave her a Tylenol and told her it was a sedative and 20 minutes later she was all better.
a question for all the religious people against weed legalization to ponder. If god is all knowing and good and he/she created all things then why did he/she create the marijuana plant?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:45 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Potheads celebrating...Florida Supreme Court OKs medical marijuana for ballot

Last edited by BucFan; 01-27-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 12:52 PM

in other news.....car insurance rates increases tenfold for every motorist in FLA due to the high number of fatal accidents expected on the roadways if marijuana laws in the state are reversed.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:37 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
in other news.....car insurance rates increases tenfold for every motorist in FLA due to the high number of fatal accidents expected on the roadways if marijuana laws in the state are reversed.
You've said some pretty inaccurate and idiotic things, but this one takes the cake.

Did auto accident rates in California or Colorado rise after legalization? Shocker -- they didnt, they DECLINED!

Another win for the natural happy plant.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:01 PM

Marijuana’s known effects include altered consciousness, perceptual distortions, drowsiness, impaired memory and impaired coordination. Each of these effects has potential to impair your ability to drive. Impaired driving puts all of us at risk and costs us more money, as increased crash rates lead to higher medical and auto insurance rates. Tony DeNovelles, president and CEO, AAA Insurance.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:04 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Marijuana’s known effects include altered consciousness, perceptual distortions, drowsiness, impaired memory and impaired coordination. Each of these effects has potential to impair your ability to drive. Impaired driving puts all of us at risk and costs us more money, as increased crash rates lead to higher medical and auto insurance rates. Tony DeNovelles, president and CEO, AAA Insurance.
Sure, if you smoke a joint and then get right in the car and drive. Since you cant smoke in a public place anyway, and only in your home, it's not like all the idiots who drink at bars and restaurants and then have to drive home. Same with the prescription drug abusers. It's a non issue.

I look forward to a year after its legal, and watching your posts. There will be no negative impacts, mark my words to it. Zero. Just arguments on the Internet, which doesnt count. =P

Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 PM

You can count on all of our car and health insurance rates going up just to allow potheads the freedom to smoke a psychoactive drug - hope none of my family members are killed by a wreckless pothead without enough sense to stay home - we all know that they won't limit their use to their livingrooms. We're already dodging drunk drivers and paying for their idiotic mistakes, now we have to worry about these reeferheads.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida