Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 02:31 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Nanny state? What exactly is the govt keeping you from doing?
Have you not looked at the title of this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:00 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Hey, you don't have to smoke it if you don't want to. Nobody cares. So quit trying to tell other people how to live their lives. It's about personal freedom. I for one am sick of America turning into a bigger nanny state year after year.

Well I hope you have a family and money to take of the long term effects of drug abuse. Besides we are talking big picture, not you daily consumption.

Let's say for augment sake, it does passes. We are going to have Smoke shops that carry this drug by High Schools/Day cares and have that nasty smell fumigate a closed space like a mall?

So do take it personally, what you do on your property is no ones business. But This effects the many!

So go ahead and smoke your self into oblivion. Papa Johns Delivery guy really like your tipping! when you or any other can't even recall what day it , that's a problem.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:21 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Nothing happens in a vacuum......I expect the ills of society to be magnified with the legalization of psychoactive drugs. Speaking of which, we lost one of our better film actors today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/mo..._20140202&_r=0

Last edited by BucFan; 02-02-2014 at 12:35 PM..

Old 02-02-2014, 02:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Hey, you don't have to smoke it if you don't want to. Nobody cares. So quit trying to tell other people how to live their lives. It's about personal freedom. I for one am sick of America turning into a bigger nanny state year after year.
and hard working Americans are quickly tiring of a society of persons who think that their personal right to imbibe a drug overrules the rights of all people to live without having pay for, deal with, and live around that same drug or abhorrent behavior that is associated with it. I assume you wouldnt approve of your children using it..maybe you do,,I dont know...

Marijuana drug users/growers/ producers have already proved they will violate, in a wholesale manner, the laws, rights, and ethical and moral responsibilities of those of productive Americans.

Who is going to have the brains necessary to add to the future of America... someone with high amounts of thc in their system... really? Who is going to build precision equipment, operate on a patient, fight a fire, manage a domestic violence call, be in a missile silo... or the hundred of thousands of jobs that require fully functional brains???

A person whose focus in life is to get high? I think not,,and while I personally disapprove of alcohol a person can consume a beer without huge changes to their psyche... one toke today of highly potent marijuana can intoxicate a user almost immediately

A persons freedom stops where the safety of others is in concerned..just ask the Colorado State troopers being hit by persons under the influence of marijuana... not to mention citizens being injured all over America... self reporting by DUI offenders where I live report over a 50 percent rise in using MJ and alcohol and driving

Less drugs is what would benefit America ...not more,, Drugs are slavery,,, and truly do fry the brain. Your current politicians that control our country want a pacified population... and as such are happy to support the use of drugs such as marijuana... if drug users actually were conscious enough they could figure this out for themselves.

All drugs are poison and kill brain cells from alcohol to marijuana... please... dont try and tell the rest of us that marijuana is some kind if wonder drug... and even if it proves to have limited benefit to real patients at some point would you use it if its psychoactive properties were removed,, again.. the answer for most drug users is self evident.. they use drugs to be high and escape reality,,, this makes them defective humans by default....

In ten years with the amount of marijuana use going on now we will see all the medical issues coming forth...and big pharma will love having another drug they can legally dispense, market and make money off.

Im not going to change your mind...or the mind of anyone who seeks drug use as a way of life

My lifetime of firsthand experience dealing with persons who use drugs is that they are wholly destructive to the human society and condition

Old 02-02-2014, 02:45 PM

$200 a oz. Is that included in Obama's new health care act? Would hate to think that I had to pay taxes so someone with a little back pain will get his daily hits.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:14 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
and hard working Americans are quickly tiring of a society of persons who think that their personal right to imbibe a drug overrules the rights of all people to live without having pay for, deal with, and live around that same drug or abhorrent behavior that is associated with it. I assume you wouldnt approve of your children using it..maybe you do,,I dont know...

Marijuana drug users/growers/ producers have already proved they will violate, in a wholesale manner, the laws, rights, and ethical and moral responsibilities of those of productive Americans.

Who is going to have the brains necessary to add to the future of America... someone with high amounts of thc in their system... really? Who is going to build precision equipment, operate on a patient, fight a fire, manage a domestic violence call, be in a missile silo... or the hundred of thousands of jobs that require fully functional brains???

A person whose focus in life is to get high? I think not,,and while I personally disapprove of alcohol a person can consume a beer without huge changes to their psyche... one toke today of highly potent marijuana can intoxicate a user almost immediately

A persons freedom stops where the safety of others is in concerned..just ask the Colorado State troopers being hit by persons under the influence of marijuana... not to mention citizens being injured all over America... self reporting by DUI offenders where I live report over a 50 percent rise in using MJ and alcohol and driving

Less drugs is what would benefit America ...not more,, Drugs are slavery,,, and truly do fry the brain. Your current politicians that control our country want a pacified population... and as such are happy to support the use of drugs such as marijuana... if drug users actually were conscious enough they could figure this out for themselves.

All drugs are poison and kill brain cells from alcohol to marijuana... please... dont try and tell the rest of us that marijuana is some kind if wonder drug... and even if it proves to have limited benefit to real patients at some point would you use it if its psychoactive properties were removed,, again.. the answer for most drug users is self evident.. they use drugs to be high and escape reality,,, this makes them defective humans by default....

In ten years with the amount of marijuana use going on now we will see all the medical issues coming forth...and big pharma will love having another drug they can legally dispense, market and make money off.

Im not going to change your mind...or the mind of anyone who seeks drug use as a way of life

My lifetime of firsthand experience dealing with persons who use drugs is that they are wholly destructive to the human society and condition
So, you speak for all hard working Americans? What a load.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Have you not looked at the title of this thread?

Old 02-02-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:

same here

Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 AM

116 posts, read 169,504 times
Quote:

HA, I just spit coffee all over the place! Great satire, a very funny post!

Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM

814 posts, read 2,044,107 times
Jus Sayin'
17 year study show it helps men between the ages of 20 and 39
NOT
to commit suicide.

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi...PH.2013.301612
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida