Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:43 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
The first web cam if St Pete, 2nd from Pcola, and 3er from South Miami. Most of the beach areas are great, for some just to visit is an experience that cannot be replaced....
You had me on the last one but now that I look at it,I can see the shell beach and not sand like the top. Center well I had no clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Lightbulb Panama City Beach

A few pics from Panama City

Panama City Beach, or PCB, as it's known is the new Spring Break Capital. And they know how to pick 'em. We found over 26 miles of unbroken great white sand that extends from St. Andrews State Park to Phillips Inlet. You'll find that on a sunny day, the vision on polar-white sand and emerald-green sea is irresistible to anyone above ground.

http://www.threebestbeaches.com/florida/uploaded_images/tbb-panamacity03-759514.jpg (broken link)

http://www.threebestbeaches.com/florida/uploaded_images/tbb-panamacity02-779449.jpg (broken link)

http://www.threebestbeaches.com/florida/uploaded_images/tbb-panamacity01-738536.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-03-2007, 11:49 PM

25 posts, read 187,227 times
I don't understand why so many people trash Florida on this board. If you don't like Florida move & don't take vacations here, it's that simple. Sorry. There are negatives no matter what state you live in, Florida is not perfect but no where is. If Florida is so bad why do you think it's one of the most visited states in the Country for vacations? and why do you think tons of people move here every single day? Florida, IMO, is not what everyone keeps saying it is. I understand the frustrations of a lot of people that live here because of the costs of living going up (which stink, don't get me wrong) but Florida is a BEAUTIFUL state!! Florida is not just hot weather, bugs & hurricanes. Florida has great beaches, gorgeous skies, warm weather, great winters, palm trees, wildlife, tons of theme parks (Disney World, Universal etc.) great parks, beautiful birds, lots of things to do (clubs, dining, concerts, festivals) etc. Yes, the hurricanes stink, but hopefully we won't get anymore. The bugs are here during the summer but they aren't so bad. It's hot in the summer but it passes so I say come & visit, I think you'll enjoy it here in the Sunshine State!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 07:06 AM

975 posts, read 3,730,730 times
personally I think if you're from a part of the country where it's also humid (although admittedly Florida is even more humid than these places) it wouldn't be too bad. If you come from some dry place out west it could be a shock though. I just went there in July and I didn't find it unbearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Hi, Why do so many people live in Florida if its hot, lots of bugs and hurricanes? I really wanted to go down there to look around but it seems like no one really likes it to much...Can you please tell me what the positives are of Florida ? And is it really that bad? Thanks so much!!

Last edited by INeedAChange; 08-04-2007 at 07:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida