Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:21 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times

Advertisements

The whole police thing is what makes me nervous. I'm not naive enough to believe that all cops want to help me and, unfortunately, some of my experiences have reinforced that idea. The last thing I want is another vague reason for them to pull me over or stop me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurf View Post
Illegals aren't illegals because they were too lazy to apply for a visa. Illegals are illegals because they would never have qualified for a visa due to their lack of education. What about us legal immigrants who had something to contribute so they qualified for a visa? Just screw them? I don't think so. Deport the illegals.

The least this FL law would do is scare them. That's at least something.

The easiest thing would be just to fingerprint everybody. Which they are already doing anyway, and then allow the police to fingerprint whenever they pull you over for a violation. You can't forget your hand at home, so no excuse there. Safe, quick and reliable way. Takes literally seconds.

Of course, punishing employers would be a great tool. No work no illegals. But that would be very hard to pass, unfortunately.

Good luck Florida
Why would it scare them? It is not a criminal offense. They get a place to stay and meals for a while. Then get sent home till they sneak back next week. They know the system better then the guys trying to enforce it. I hope you don't want to send them to jail for a few years? That would really be great as tax payers have to pay millions of dollars to house, feed them and provide medical care.
Not wishing to make a not so PC analogy, but if you have roaches you clean the house and get rid of what is attracting them.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
The whole police thing is what makes me nervous. I'm not naive enough to believe that all cops want to help me and, unfortunately, some of my experiences have reinforced that idea. The last thing I want is another vague reason for them to pull me over or stop me.
And shoot you as they claim you were reaching for a gun as you try to find your car registration. I know enough cops to know that they are necessary but many are nut jobs who would do the job for nothing as long as they could carry a gun and bully people. They eat drink and sleep being a cop. They only associate and socialize with other cops and their families. Being a cop is all they want to talk about, it is their life. We all have war stories we can tell dealing with nutty cops.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
And shoot you as they claim you were reaching for a gun as you try to find your car registration. I know enough cops to know that they are necessary but many are nut jobs who would do the job for nothing as long as they could carry a gun and bully people. They eat drink and live being a cop. They only associate and socialize with other cops. When you are around being a cop is all they want to talk about. We all have war stories we can tell dealing with nutty cops.
That's an extreme example, but yeah. I've been pulled over (in Columbia, South Carolina) simply for being young, and, because I had Florida plates, I was assumed to be transporting drugs. This culminated with four cops--and these guys were real pigs--and two drug dogs.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Look, Thailand, China, Phillipines etc they all took our jobs....need I mention India?

It seems that the Gov doesn't need more tax payer money by not making them legal.....just allows them to suck at existing tax payers....take into account if they need a trip to ER are they going to pay cash for it? nope...you and me are indirectly....

if they were legal, they they would have an opportunity to see how things work here for everyone else. I think they don't want to be legal in the first place, they'll have to pay taxes and I don't think any of the ones who cross here illegally will hurry to do that!!!!
They like this status quo.

Quote:
What I said is fact and you are just speculating. Make them legal and they will be working in supermarkets, restaurants, banks and many jobs that although not high paying are jobs Americans support their families doing. They don't have to be rocket scientists. By the way, those tomato picking jobs will still be done by illegals. They will be the ones with criminal backgrounds who can't expose themselves. Nothing will change.
They have to go after the employers, that is all that will work. You have to eliminate the jobs, there is no other way. The employers have to be vilified and made to look un-american almost like traitors. Fines have to be so high that the mere thought of breaking the law and employing illegals would be frighting. Half measures will not work, it has to a real effort. All the rest is just political BS and theater to make a few dopey voters who don't know any better happy.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:45 AM

I think Jails sould no longer belong to the Gov. They should be private. Look at Office Depot or another corporate America company and what rules they have, ....if jails were ran by private companies those jailed people would be straighten out really quick.

There's a lot of "man" power there, have them grow and make their own food etc.

Quote:
Why would it scare them? It is not a criminal offense. They get a place to stay and meals for a while. Then get sent home till they sneak back next week. They know the system better then the guys trying to enforce it. I hope you don't want to send them to jail for a few years? That would really be great as tax payers have to pay millions of dollars to house, feed them and provide medical care.
Not wishing to make a not so PC analogy, but if you have roaches you clean the house and get rid of what is attracting them.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
That's an extreme example, but yeah. I've been pulled over (in Columbia, South Carolina) simply for being young, and, because I had Florida plates, I was assumed to be transporting drugs. This culminated with four cops--and these guys were real pigs--and two drug dogs.
Had the same thing happen to me in Georgia. Held me for an hour took my money, searched my car. My money came back $100 short. The whole time they refereed to me as "Boy". "You better not be lying to us "Boy". The last thing you want is give any more power to these guys then they already imagine they have.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Look, Thailand, China, Phillipines etc they all took our jobs....need I mention India?

It seems that the Gov doesn't need more tax payer money by not making them legal.....just allows them to suck at existing tax payers....take into account if they need a trip to ER are they going to pay cash for it? nope...you and me are indirectly....

if they were legal, they they would have an opportunity to see how things work here for everyone else. I think they don't want to be legal in the first place, they'll have to pay taxes and I don't think any of the ones who cross here illegally will hurry to do that!!!!
They like this status quo.
Actually the ones that work with fake papers to pay taxes but never file a return for obvious reasons and the government keeps it all.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:03 PM

As far as Visas are concerned right now they only have a vew categories, these people who cross illegally can ONLY qualify for the Work visa and will need to be sponsored by an employer in order to get it. IF they want to change laws, then they should take this one about the work permits and add a few amendments. Because the other categories refer to education, (which none of these people are after), family based, where they'll have to have a legal resident as a relative who can sponsor them, they have tourist visas that can be used to apply for a change in status to become a permanent resident and then they have categories for every mistreated kind of person you can imagine, from communism to physical abuse etc.

The people who cross illegally right now and for the last 30+ years do not have a legal category to apply and become legal. This is WHY immigration laws need to be modified.

Everyone who crossed now is flat out criminal because they have no legal base to be here, so they are flat out tresspassing in our country.

I am not saying necessarly welcome them all, but there should be a way to make them legal, have them pay taxes, that alone will cure them from crossing illegally here....our Gov doesn't seem smart when it comes to that...now they just spend all they make and Uncle Sam gets NADA!!!! I can't believe they let this one slide like this!!!! bad business on Uncle Sam's part.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 PM

If these ppl would be forced to pay taxes for real, none of them would ever cross again!

Quote:
Actually the ones that work with fake papers to pay taxes but never file a return for obvious reasons and the government keeps it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: