Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 02:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

There is a mix of opinions here as to Florida. The majority enjoy living in FL and some simply don't for a variety of reasons.

My questions to the group are:

1. If you could be anywhere, where would that be?

2. Why would you want to be someplace else?

3. What made you choose FL when you relocated from your original place
of residence and why did you choose FL?

We all already know why folks want to be here, but its a really mixed bag on why not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 04:01 PM

191 posts, read 632,594 times
San Diego...

Old 03-19-2011, 04:11 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
OK, how about the other questions? The "why".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlopes26 View Post
San Diego...

Old 03-20-2011, 03:41 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
The PNW. Reasons; Weather and politics and it's where I was born. I didn't have a say on relocation-I was pretty young when my dad decided to move South.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times

1. If you could be anywhere, where would that be?
Monterey California

2. Why would you want to be someplace else?
Because I want to live in a place that has great year round weather, so that I could get out and enjoy the outdoors. Highs between 50-70F.

of residence and why did you choose FL?
Native Floridian

Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,436 times
Where: Charleston SC
Why: Great weather, good food, on the water, history, culture, nature, and southern hospitality
How I ended up in FL: I was born here

Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
My answers below next to your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
There is a mix of opinions here as to Florida. The majority enjoy living in FL and some simply don't for a variety of reasons.

1. If you could be anywhere, where would that be? Back in Europe anywhere. But most likely will end up somewhere close to DC

2. Why would you want to be someplace else? Diversity, less chains more divers everything from the landscape to the restaurants. Sadly, it turns out that Florida is not divers at all, it is filled with chains and the things to do here can be done in one day... a beach is a beach anywhere, an Outback is an Outback, a Theme Park is a Theme Park, there's more to life than that...TECHNICALLY, all of it should be influenced by Art Deco Visually, as is Ocean Drive and diversity from homes to businesses should be very obvious. But it is not, it is actually a very boring place. If I was retired, I would indeed be bored to death here! It IS a paradox this place is not divers considering people come here from all over the world! The other reason why we want to be elsewhere is the walkability factor, being European and not be forced to drive everywhere is a HUGE deal & extreme heat keeping us indoors 7 months a year!

of residence and why did you choose FL? Family. Sadly we didn't have the opportunity to go back to EU yet.

We all already know why folks want to be here, but its a really mixed bag on why not.
So there...that's our story. In one word we've "exhausted" what Florida has to offer!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:25 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
San Diego Why? My bestfriend lives there, the weather is humidty free,and it is just beautiful. However my friend is very wealthy and can afford a home on the beach and private school for her daughter. We were originally from NYC we got tired of the weather,the dirty streets and high cost of living, all of which is better here in Tampa Bay!!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:52 PM

357 posts, read 783,273 times
I'd love to have places all over Europe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: