Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,293,999 times

Advertisements

Ok, I will keep an eye out for the next article about their evacuation. (I won't need to, it will make Yahoo's first page I am sure just like this one)

It would be nice if that was true in practice. But sadly I am not holding hope knowing how this Gov works.

Gov. Rick Scott's proposed budget: By the numbers

$65.9B: Total spending proposed, $4.6 billion less than current year's budget

$1.6B: Combined proposal to cut property and corporate income taxes in one year and so next year they'll cut more programs and so on...you don't want to pay taxes how is the Gov going to afford anything?

8,700: Number of state jobs proposed for elimination, through layoffs and attrition More foreclosures coming...

$703: Reduction to per-pupil spending in K-12 education Yet the "pupils" are not being reduced, on the contrary, they are multiplying!

Highlights

On Monday, Gov. Scott released a proposed state budget that cuts almost
$5 billion in spending.

EDUCATION: Cuts the education budget by $3.3 billion by slashing $703 per pupil in state spending — a roughly 10 percent cut from this year's $6,899 in per-pupil spending. Current K-12 budget is $13.8 billion and includes nearly 3,000 public schools. Increases the amount spent on private-school vouchers by $250 million in 2012. So ONLY the Rich can get an education...

MEDICAID: Proposes $3 billion in reductions over two years, including $1 billion in cuts to provider reimbursement rates. Savings are expected by receiving federal approval to transfer all 3 million Medicaid patients into a managed-care program that would control costs and crack down on fraud. In the mean time, he hopes the people who need it would just die off....he forgets that when incomes are low, one doesn't need to be neither old or disabled not to afford other healthcare programs...but he doesn't care, he has heealthcare, he's all set!

PRISONS: Proposes eliminating 1,690 employees — more than 5 percent of its work force — from the Department of Corrections by closing two prisons, a move Scott said was made easier by the state having 8,000 excess prison beds. Corrections houses more than 100,000 inmates in 146 facilities, employing 18,200 people. More foreclosures....and more loose criminals...YAY!

PROPERTY TAXES: Proposes trimming state-set school property taxes by $1 billion over two years. Scott had pledged a $1.4 billion cut in the first year, but is phasing in a lesser tax cut over two years. Again...no taxes, no education etc...forcing people into private schools is not the answer! It's like he's looking to match us with some 3rd world country and see just how many uneducated people we can have in a job market that requires a degree to flush a toilet these days!

CORPORATE INCOME TAXES: Corporate income tax would drop from 5.5 percent to 3 percent in 2011-12 and be phased out by 2018. The tax cut would save businesses nearly $1.5 billion over two years. The first-year savings would be $458 million statewide. Ohh, no taxes there...let's keep all the profits and see how many Gold toilets can we buy! or play golf at 11am on a Tuesday! what a joke!

ENVIRONMENT: Proposes merging the Department of Community Affairs with the Department of Environmental Protection, eliminating 530 jobs over two years. DCA staff will decrease to 40 employees within two years; budget drops to $70 million. More foreclosures....more unemployment, I think he doesn't like the 12%, he wants an even 20% unemployment!

PENSIONS: Proposes state workers pay 5 percent of their pension costs. There are 655,000 active members of the Florida Retirement System; another 304,000 retired workers receiving benefits. Projected $2.8 billion savings over two years. Who needs pensions!? right? people work their ass off their entire lives to become homeless right? why not just go from last day at work straight 6 feet underground and save Sick Scott some money!

So far.....and these are just the "highlights"...I haven't seen anything good! anyone else? I haven't seen progress and care for the human being! nope, just same old Greed! take from the ones who need it and give it to yourself!

For a "business man" this guys is an idiot, because he seems to not realize that if you take people's jobs away, those people won't be able to BUY anything from ANY business and will buy LESS from just the basic necessities! From a "business" stand point...this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen!

You need to INCREASE EMPLOYMENT and make employers hire, stop them from silently discriminating over age and personal appearance and the "clique fit" practices....employ people if you want business to THRIVE not fire them!!! DUH!!!

This why the world laughs at us! and thinks we're stupid! because of the way we "care" (NOT) for our own people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Everyone needs to really stop reading these articles and go look at the actual proposed budget.
I looked at one part yesterday that I was interested in and it looked like the majority of cuts in Scott's proposed were in executive positions while the Senate and House proposals were more of rank and file members of the workforce being cut.
Many of these other programs, if they looked at what the executives are being paid, could easily trim off a lot of money from the budget from the top..
Manasota Arc was also in the news a few years back because of a misuse of funds scandal.
They have also had their budget cut before, you just choose to make it an issue now because you don't like the Gov.
Read the actual budget, look where the cuts are from, don't read these articles written with the sole intent to incite people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,114,991 times
That's one year. How about the dozens of years prior to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post

Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 AM

First of all, how can the provider of this therapy demand $900 for 45 mins?
That is insane as I can't think of any service that would be worth $900 for 45 mins or $20 a minute. Wait, I can. A very good hooker.

You're looking at one scene in the painting. Yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Yes I know, I am also a parent of two normal kids....you're not getting it.....my normal kids doesn't need speech theraphy worth $900 for 45 minutes...you do the math as to what kind of salary one needs to have to afford THAT!

The problem is that people who should NOT be sucking to the Gov are allowed to do so and the ones who actually need Govs help cant get it because of those ppl!

There are parents who make too much to qualify for Gov services and to little to afford employer insurance that generally does NOT cover disabilities! what should they do? please do tell....

I would go to Tallahassee if I knew that those idiots will DO something about it like in France....Good Luck with that here! Greed Rules!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM

Algia: I could not agree with you more on this posting.

Quote:
BTW...Let me just say this as far as the welfare sucking ppl go.....giving them a "drug test" is pure crap.....because for one, they know it's coming and so they can full the "system" no problem.......no no, they need to be tested for EMPLOYMENT, "what new thing have you learned between the last time I tested you and how come you don't have a job yet?" you don't get a job, I will cut you freakin welfare out! That's it. It bothers me to no end to see these people with 5 kids in row on those welfare tickets or whatever you call them, fat as they can be! rude as they can be, they sit and eat, do drugs (with the tax payers" money I assume since they don't work)....yet the people that actually have a disability have to be bounced and pushed around! unreal! welfare is supposed to be TEMPORARY, not permanent!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 AM

This is amazing. This is the 2nd posting of yours that I read today that I can agree with.

You should have toured the parking lot and checked out the vehicles they arrived in. Amazing. A lot of these people are involved in criminal activity which supplements their income nicely.

Here in SH in Feb there was a raid upon 3 houses on basically one block loaded with welfare recipients, child support recipients, Section 8 rent payments. Yet they were dealing drugs, involved in a puppy mill operation, one house had a stolen motorcycle in the garage, and a most of them already had lengthy criminal records dating back more than a decade.

I've seen the abuse. It's there. It certainly needs to be eliminated.
Not cut, eliminated.

Quote:
Exactly...if they had to work like the rest of us, I am sure they wouldn't multiply at the rate they are now!!!!

I once had to go to that welfare office on Sheldon Rd on business and everyone there was overweight and had several children hanging around, but none were WHITE! in front of the counter and back, I was disgusted and could not wait to leave.
I was expecting to see older and disabled ppl, but no, the we no old ppl nor disabled....and I've seen some of their purses....unreal!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 AM

The problem I see here is the narrow minded "ME ME ME" attitude of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Everyone needs to really stop reading these articles and go look at the actual proposed budget.
I looked at one part yesterday that I was interested in and it looked like the majority of cuts in Scott's proposed were in executive positions while the Senate and House proposals were more of rank and file members of the workforce being cut.
Many of these other programs, if they looked at what the executives are being paid, could easily trim off a lot of money from the budget from the top..
Manasota Arc was also in the news a few years back because of a misuse of funds scandal.
They have also had their budget cut before, you just choose to make it an issue now because you don't like the Gov.
Read the actual budget, look where the cuts are from, don't read these articles written with the sole intent to incite people.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 AM

It is not a myth. It has been going on since the mid 1960's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
I thought that whole Reagan-era welfare queen idea was exposed as a myth?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:41 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,578,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Step back and think about your statement in regards to those helpless human beings that the governor wants to chop off one of their limbs figuratively speaking while the illegals get theirs, the welfare recipients the ones who don't deserve it still get theirs and so on.

I'm out of work and not collecting ANY monies or anything as I had to quit my last job for Moral and Ethical reasons, so as an AMERICAN who paid plenty of taxes where's my free "stuff"?????

What most will tell me correctly is that I have to somehow get a job and go to work if I want to see the newest $$$ income.

But still if one wants to compare who deserves to get something even for a minuscule amount of time verses one that outright don't deserve it at all I should be the one especially when illegals get things as a non-American. See the argument???

Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,681,693 times
You get what you voted for. You expected honesty from the man who holds the indoor record on invoking the 5th Amendment

Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,604,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

You win most ironic post of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida