Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,252,514 times

Advertisements

some inspectors are lazy and others are AWESOME!
ours got has specific to a bedroom door that was a little stuff to closing. HA!
I was like "ohhh, man, well if the door won't close w/o a little extra nudge the deal is off" =)

keep us posted dd!!!!

Ours is AS IS! so we are set...as of right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 AM

I have grape vines at the new house.
I have one at the old house, but I don't wanna pull it up because it looks o happy. It has grapes on it.
Grape vines are easy ...if you just want vines, don't prune them and you wont' get many grapes, otherwise prune them.

There is a Florida Apple tree. I don't eat apples alot, so we don't have it, but it's a beautiful tree.
I want a lemon or lime tree ...we love lemons!!!!!!!

orchids are easy if you have shade ...just learning about them. they are a expensive plant to kill, so I'm being careful w/ them.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:51 PM

ha! ...offfer fell through(Story of my life) ...they can't get financing!
Another offer came in 5 minutes later and we are under contract AGAIN!
....this one is 100% financing(mmm, seems to be tricky to get 100% right now) and if it doesn't fly, we have another offer behind that and they are in love w/ the house and have 90% financing.

....mmmm, I'll let you know when the house sells ...until then Happy Sunday

Old 08-19-2007, 01:07 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,884,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
ha! ...offfer fell through(Story of my life) ...they can't get financing!
Another offer came in 5 minutes later and we are under contract AGAIN!
....this one is 100% financing(mmm, seems to be tricky to get 100% right now) and if it doesn't fly, we have another offer behind that and they are in love w/ the house and have 90% financing.

....mmmm, I'll let you know when the house sells ...until then Happy Sunday
20/80 will be hard right now. But good luck!

Old 08-19-2007, 01:10 PM

458 posts, read 593,461 times
Florida real estate needs to get back to 20% down payments. And I mean the ones where the lender does some research to make sure the down money is saved by the buyer and not borrowed from a relative.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 PM

JimKing!

I agree 100 percent w/ you on that! It should've have ever gotten so loose to begin with!
So many people got "approved" and later proved they shouldn't have been. ....what a mess.

Hey we agree! 10 points for us!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:30 AM

800 posts, read 3,077,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWY12 View Post
Can you drop the price 5% to help make the sale go through? Just some thing to think about. Talk to your realtor and see if he/she can come up with a creative way to make the deal work maybe the commission can be lowered?

Keep us posted
That won't work because financing would be 95% of the new price.

Prequals fall apart when lenders either close down without warning or no longer offer the loan program that was offered. It's happening more and more today.

Good luck in closing the deal.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM

458 posts, read 593,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
JimKing!

I agree 100 percent w/ you on that! It should've have ever gotten so loose to begin with!
So many people got "approved" and later proved they shouldn't have been. ....what a mess.

Hey we agree! 10 points for us!
I hear you. I always felt better saving up the 20% or selling to someone who saved up the 20%.

Home ownership is a huge responsibility. Showing the ability to put down 20% helps the entire system work.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 AM

960 posts, read 1,674,780 times
I couldn't agree more with the previous posters. My husband and I are potential buyers, and our plan from the beginning has been to have the traditional 20% down payment, as well as, a years salary in the bank, for a financial cushion.
We are cautious, when it comes to our hard earned money (none borrowed from family) and our home will be our biggest purchase together. We are waiting patiently while the prices are coming down very slowly. We also are aware, however, that if we should "fall in love" with a particular home, we will not hesitate to make a bid on it.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:34 PM

573 posts, read 2,434,204 times
Aww Kelly, I wish you luck! Our closing date is August 30th. We had all our inspections last week and mostly everything came in clean...we have to have the AC coils cleaned and replace something on the fuse box, but other than that, we are all set! Closing is going to be expensive....the Doc stamps are $1400!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida