Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Nope....he`s telling the truth. Sussex County New Jersey, just outside of Vernon. Been there a bunch of times, in fact....his homeowners insurance is between $650-$800 dollars per year, also much cheaper than Florida......

But I suppose he is lying to my face about that as well?.....I`ve known this man for years...he's not lying.
Not telling the truth is different than lying. Just ask any marine recruiter or DI.

Why would he tell you he is getting farm subsidy if you didn't ask him.

It is like you asking me how much income tax I paid in 2010, and I told you I got a refund. Without more information, you will take I got a lot of credits and deduction because i made more than you. But in real, the reason I got a refund is that I paid a lot more tax in advance. I am just getting the refund on the extra that I paid out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM

623 posts, read 965,818 times
We just came back from a vacation in the Vero beach and sebastian the area and found it to be very nice with uncrowded beaches plenty of camping sites and busy malls. Also the people were more friendly than here in New Hampshire. Thats just what I saw and we liked it

Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Not telling the truth is different than lying. Just ask any marine recruiter or DI.

Why would he tell you he is getting farm subsidy if you didn't ask him.

It is like you asking me how much income tax I paid in 2010, and I told you I got a refund. Without more information, you will take I got a lot of credits and deduction because i made more than you. But in real, the reason I got a refund is that I paid a lot more tax in advance. I am just getting the refund on the extra that I paid out.
Yeah, you`re right............he`s getting a farm subsidy...?....

Hey, do me a favor....tell MY CLOSE FAMILY FRIEND that I said hi next time you talk to him.....

You will probably talk to him sooner than me by the looks of your post....

Also, when you speak to him....ask him why he chooses to lie to me and tell you the truth about his property taxes.

LISTEN.....HE DOESN'T GET A FREAKING FARM SUBSIDY. HE HAS NO REASON TO NOT TELL ME.

WE HAVE DISCUSSED THE PROBLEMS IN FLORIDA AT NAUSEUM....AS HE OWNS PROPERTY IN FLORIDA TOO.......

HE CHOOSES TO DO BUSINESS UP NORTH AND LIVE UP NORTH BECAUSE IT IS BETTER FOR HIM-NO COMPARISON....

Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Retiree? Nope. Working guy.

Some people have good reasons to want to be someplace else.

I just don't see what is holding them up from going to where they will be happier.

However, bashing a place due to homesickness, lack of family, etc is ridiculous. Obviously, you are in the minority and simply use this forum to vent your frustrations. There is nothing that pleases you here. So many find it just the opposite.
NOT bashing it, just the miserable heat. If you were to look at other posts I have made about Estero where I live, it is a GREAT place. It's not all about homesickness though I am, also some people can't just up and leave, what a concept!!! Some of us will leave when we save enough money to be secure. Some of us are not gypsy's....

You are a know it all, and only here to cheer for Florida. Good for you, that's great. Don't make it something it's not to other people who need information, just because you love it here, not everyone else needs rainbows and unicorns shoved down their throat.

My life is just fine, I like where I am for now until i go north. I just absolutley hate the heat here. Besides who are you for me to have to explain my life to? You don't know me...

Old 06-01-2011, 12:54 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
As I said, I prefer warm temps over cold temps. That's a personal preference.

Hey, you said you were homesick. Good reason not to be here. i know what you mean about can't just up and leave, it too me 2.5 years to get the plan together when I came.

I am certainly not a "know it all". I happen to like FL, that is why I came here and when I had a choice made FL my continued choice.

No shoving unicorns and rainbows at any one. Disputing some of your observations though. You paint it all with a broad brush. FL is a very diverse state. Not asking you to explain anything. You were the one who came up with "Cocoa is one big ghetto area".

You also stated "COL in the NE is NOT ALWAYS less down here in FL"
I provided a link to a COL calculator which says that is not a fact.
You said that the calculator is wrong and began telling us how great it is in MA. "Camping, hiking, a real bike trail, etc. Where I want to be". I guess you don't know of the miles and miles of bike trails, camping and hiking activities available here. You stated "Car insurance for me is HALF up there as opposed to FL, the ripoff insurance state". I showed facts that it was rated as #4 on the most costly insurance list. You said " Better health services up there. I can ride my bike during the summer months without nearly dying of heat exhaustion, Winter I cross country ski. Here summers suck, winter is the only good time. There I paid $45 a month for insurance for my car, here $137 a month, for less coverage. Crime here is 100 times worse in a month than my hometown has had in like 30 years. Fort Myers has about average of 5 murders a month. Northampton, 1 every 10 years if that". AND you state now that "NOT bashing it, just the miserable heat". Another of your statements were "There is... I do not live in the middle of the woods, I live in Lee county which includes Lehigh Acres, one of the most crime ridden dumps in FL, and also Fory Misery, another crap hole of a city, therefore my rates here suck.... and Florida is an insurance ripoff..:

Seems like alot of bashing to me.

My point is: You are not happy here. Now you want out. You're welcome to leave, always have been, but now choose this time to do so. To post all the crappola that you have posted and not expect rebuttal of the postings on a FL forum is not comprehensible to me.

You post negative information, you're going to get feedback on it.
So everybody can see both sides of the coin. Not just a very unhappy
resident. Others need to see that people are happy and content here and those are the majority.

Now you resort to calling me a "know it all" and attacking me because I haven't taken your opinions as gospel.

If anyone is making "something its not" is YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
NOT bashing it, just the miserable heat. If you were to look at other posts I have made about Estero where I live, it is a GREAT place. It's not all about homesickness though I am, also some people can't just up and leave, what a concept!!! Some of us will leave when we save enough money to be secure. Some of us are not gypsy's....

You are a know it all, and only here to cheer for Florida. Good for you, that's great. Don't make it something it's not to other people who need information, just because you love it here, not everyone else needs rainbows and unicorns shoved down their throat.

My life is just fine, I like where I am for now until i go north. I just absolutley hate the heat here. Besides who are you for me to have to explain my life to? You don't know me...

Old 06-01-2011, 01:41 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
We just came back from a vacation in the Vero beach and sebastian the area and found it to be very nice with uncrowded beaches plenty of camping sites and busy malls. Also the people were more friendly than here in New Hampshire. Thats just what I saw and we liked it
Where are you in N.H. where peole are that unfriendly.I just returned to N.H.after living full time in Florida for ten years and couldnt diissagree with you more. Vacations are a lot of fun. It was actually after a couple short "vacations" that we deceided to move to Florida.Thats really the only way to know if it's for you or not. I'm extremly grateful to be back home.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:51 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Yeah, you`re right............he`s getting a farm subsidy...?....

Hey, do me a favor....tell MY CLOSE FAMILY FRIEND that I said hi next time you talk to him.....

You will probably talk to him sooner than me by the looks of your post....

Also, when you speak to him....ask him why he chooses to lie to me and tell you the truth about his property taxes.

LISTEN.....HE DOESN'T GET A FREAKING FARM SUBSIDY. HE HAS NO REASON TO NOT TELL ME.

WE HAVE DISCUSSED THE PROBLEMS IN FLORIDA AT NAUSEUM....AS HE OWNS PROPERTY IN FLORIDA TOO.......

HE CHOOSES TO DO BUSINESS UP NORTH AND LIVE UP NORTH BECAUSE IT IS BETTER FOR HIM-NO COMPARISON....
Since he told you his secure and can you share it? I (and every homeowners in NJ) would love to know how how to pay less in property tax. I am living in nice home with only 1/3 an acre and paying over 10k in tax. I don't even need to drop it to proportion to what his. Just drop to what he is paying, 8k and I will be very happy.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
As I said, I prefer warm temps over cold temps. That's a personal preference.

Hey, you said you were homesick. Good reason not to be here. i know what you mean about can't just up and leave, it too me 2.5 years to get the plan together when I came.

I am certainly not a "know it all". I happen to like FL, that is why I came here and when I had a choice made FL my continued choice.

No shoving unicorns and rainbows at any one. Disputing some of your observations though. You paint it all with a broad brush. FL is a very diverse state. Not asking you to explain anything. You were the one who came up with "Cocoa is one big ghetto area".

You also stated "COL in the NE is NOT ALWAYS less down here in FL"
I provided a link to a COL calculator which says that is not a fact.
You said that the calculator is wrong and began telling us how great it is in MA. "Camping, hiking, a real bike trail, etc. Where I want to be". I guess you don't know of the miles and miles of bike trails, camping and hiking activities available here. You stated "Car insurance for me is HALF up there as opposed to FL, the ripoff insurance state". I showed facts that it was rated as #4 on the most costly insurance list. You said " Better health services up there. I can ride my bike during the summer months without nearly dying of heat exhaustion, Winter I cross country ski. Here summers suck, winter is the only good time. There I paid $45 a month for insurance for my car, here $137 a month, for less coverage. Crime here is 100 times worse in a month than my hometown has had in like 30 years. Fort Myers has about average of 5 murders a month. Northampton, 1 every 10 years if that". AND you state now that "NOT bashing it, just the miserable heat". Another of your statements were "There is... I do not live in the middle of the woods, I live in Lee county which includes Lehigh Acres, one of the most crime ridden dumps in FL, and also Fory Misery, another crap hole of a city, therefore my rates here suck.... and Florida is an insurance ripoff..:

Seems like alot of bashing to me.

My point is: You are not happy here. Now you want out. You're welcome to leave, always have been, but now choose this time to do so. To post all the crappola that you have posted and not expect rebuttal of the postings on a FL forum is not comprehensible to me.

You post negative information, you're going to get feedback on it.
So everybody can see both sides of the coin. Not just a very unhappy
resident. Others need to see that people are happy and content here and those are the majority.

Now you resort to calling me a "know it all" and attacking me because I haven't taken your opinions as gospel.

If anyone is making "something its not" is YOU.
Have you been to COCOA??? It surely is a big ghetto, really bad area. Sorry, that IS the truth buddy.... It's a hole. Like half of Pit Myers. The lower half of Naples, a dump. Crime hills in Orlando, ghetto. Fort Pierce, a complete ghetto. Lehigh Acres is a hell hole, everyone who actually lives down here knows that. If people ask I will tell them or at least warn them, some people on this site will tell anyone. "Come on down, it's great everywhere", and I have seen people come here and say whoa! you were right.... It is a crappy area.

I attack when I am attacked, it's called being human.... I said you know it all because everything I wrote about, said about insurance you came up with a rebuttal. Some people just know all.

Today really sucked, it was too hot even satan would hate it...

Florida's forecast for 8 months or so.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
I havent been to coco in years. Yes, its a ghetto overall. Pine Hills hasnt changed, except for worsening, in over 20 years. I dont like S. FL at all, so dont go to Ft. Myers or Naples. I wouldn't care for anything south of Sarasota on this coast or south of Palm Bay on the east. However, would you live in Lowell, Chelsea, Lynn, most of Worcester? How about Dorchester, Somerville or Roxbury? You can't just cherry pick cities and towns in a state and then define the entire state by those places.
So why bash the entire state over a few areas that suck?

I am going to stand by the information I read on COL and car insurance in MA. Its higher. Period. Of course car insurance rates vary depending on the density of the population of a city. Bigger cities, higher rates.

As far as temps go, it was 81 in Boston today and 89 in Tampa. Not much of a difference. But I like warm weather as opposed to cold weather any day. I spent enough of my life with freezing ears, cold nose and stepping in slush in NYC. I prefer stepping out to sunshine and clear skies.

It is clear that you don't like it in FL, but it apparently took you a long time to realize the fact that its hot here in the summer. I mean you've been here a while. I would have booked out as soon as I realized the situation was not to my liking. After all, FL is the most southern state in the union.
So, just like the rest of the southern portion of the U.S. its hot in the summer and quite nice in the winter/spring/fall, at least for me.

So why bash the entire state over a few areas that suck?

Like I said, if someone is going to come up with blanket statements about an entire state, I, for one, will rebutt those statements as being untrue and virtually comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Have you been to COCOA??? It surely is a big ghetto, really bad area. Sorry, that IS the truth buddy.... It's a hole. Like half of Pit Myers. The lower half of Naples, a dump. Crime hills in Orlando, ghetto. Fort Pierce, a complete ghetto. Lehigh Acres is a hell hole, everyone who actually lives down here knows that. If people ask I will tell them or at least warn them, some people on this site will tell anyone. "Come on down, it's great everywhere", and I have seen people come here and say whoa! you were right.... It is a crappy area.

I attack when I am attacked, it's called being human.... I said you know it all because everything I wrote about, said about insurance you came up with a rebuttal. Some people just know all.

Today really sucked, it was too hot even satan would hate it...

Florida's forecast for 8 months or so.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM

623 posts, read 965,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Where are you in N.H. where peole are that unfriendly.I just returned to N.H.after living full time in Florida for ten years and couldnt diissagree with you more. Vacations are a lot of fun. It was actually after a couple short "vacations" that we deceided to move to Florida.Thats really the only way to know if it's for you or not. I'm extremly grateful to be back home.
If you like New Hampshire so much why are you in the Florida threads?????. Also use spell check

Last edited by boston904; 06-01-2011 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: mis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida