Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,879 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.. I am planning to move to florida within the next 6 months. i would like to know which part of city/town/neighborhood has a good amount of asians?..

I am from new york city and im in my late 20s. I am definitely not racist or anything but considering that i am moving to florida by myself. I dont want to run into a town/neighborhood that is stereotype with other race. therefore considering that i am asian. I figured why not ask the members here about the asian community in florida

I dont really have a specific destination that i want to stay in florida at the moment. I am trying to find more information about the asian side of florida that has to offer before i start wandering around.

Please if anyone can help.. I am in the process of looking for either to rent or buy a house in florida that near by the asian community.. Cant resist the asian food

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Read through a few of these sites to get more info..

Google

Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Asian's a pretty broad brush. I can tell you there are a good number by Florida standards of Thais, and Filipinos, and smaller numbers of Koreans, and Japanese in Ft. Walton Beach up in the Panhandle. It usually involves someone married a GI, they ended up here after that GI retired from active duty, and then a whole bunch of family reunification visas happened. But FWB has almost no Chinese population outside the usual restaurant owners.

But you're never going to find the large populations of Asians you get in, NYC, California, or parts of Canada. Asian stereotypes down here, such that they exist, tend to largely be of the non-negative variety though save for the v. occasional joke about Japanese driving skills.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,026 times
Florida does not have a huge Asian population. Most of it is probably located near military bases, from what I've seen. I know that Panama City and Ft Walton Beach has some, but as per the poster above, mostly women married to guys that have been stationed overseas at some point.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
The largest Asian populations in FL are in Tampa Bay and Orlando (Central FL) area. South FL has a substantial number but it's such a small percentage of the population you will not feel there is as strong a community as these other areas. Jax, due to Navy base also has a good sized Filipino community. Orlando has it's own "Asian Business District" with Asian restaurants, stores and business but few Asian Neighborhoods. Check out this magazine as it's a very good resource for the Asian community here.

:: Asia Trend Magazine :: Business / Connection / Culture / Lifestyle ::

Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM

40 posts, read 67,077 times
there are not too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida