Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,950,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I have no problem with Orlando being associated with Disney. It IS the main reason Orlando is on the map and it pours millions and millions of dollars in hotel taxes into the city for things like the new arena, new performing arts center, etc. However, I think what people get upset about are those saying that Orlando is JUST Disney. I have an issue with that as well, as downtown and other areas like Winter Park are very cool local areas. People that dislike Disney and I-drive tend to paint a picture that Orlando is nothing but neon signs, strip malls, and Olive Gardens. They make it seem like there is no pulse, no soul, and that the entire city is fiction. This happens all the time on the city vs city forum. That is just not the case, and the reason why so many are defensive when others say things like "well if you aren't 12 then you'd probably prefer Tampa", or "well Orlando has Disney but besides that what is there?" etc.
I agree with that. Orlando does has more to offer then just Disney and Universal etc.. Orlando is a city with lots of things to it and other industries also. But of course I think we can agree that without Disney World coming in, Orlando would not be much. It would just be some city in Florida. It would be like a Dayton Ohio or Spokane Washington. Just some city in a state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:03 PM

10 posts, read 21,903 times
But Disney is here and Orlando reaps the reward of that fact. Which also lends to why Orlando is better than Tampa, not to mention that Orlando is newer, younger and growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida