Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,742 times

Advertisements

I'm launching CottondaleScam.com. Just bought the domain and working on the site hope to have it up next week. Im also going to create a Facebook group about this guy so when people search they can have a meeting source. Also uploading a youtube video. All of these will get in the search engines very fast and they will not like it. I am going to bring as much bad PR to this as I can. I'm going to see if I can get some local articles written, I'm going to see if I can see how many tickets he writes compared to other officers. When I called the Department to get his name the secretary chuckled when I called out his Troop unit number. She said "yes he is our ticket writer around here" I have their formal complaint form, but I'm taking it much further than that. I found out that he could have written it for $116 and it would not have any points, but no he had to go all the way, so guess what so am I.
And I'm not going to do this while in hiding. If anyone wants to share their story on my site I would gladly appreciate it and I think we are stronger in numbers.

His tactics are crazy, like he paced you. He said he flashed me 3 times. I think I would have noticed that. I think he flat out lies for his personal ticket agenda.

I'm on a mission, If you want to email me privately you can at
Wes@WesWeaver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 PM

5 posts, read 7,613 times
I had the same thing happen to me labor day 2010. I was pulled over for do 55 in a 35 by guess who Otis. This guy is a nut job. After he asked for my license I asked why I got pulled over and he went nuts. Complete disrespect. Way to aggressive just for a traffic stop. I did call the so called chief and I told him about the traffic stop and basicly how rude corp. otis was. All he could say was " I tell all of my officers to be aggressive and that I have to understand that corp. otis is retired miltary". Bull s##t. I know alot of police officers due to my job and I told them about this guy and the traffic stop. Everyone of them told me that this guy wouldn't last a day working with our department acting like that.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 PM

854 posts, read 1,704,145 times
Like I said earlier, the dept. obviously condones the actions of Otis. The first thing an officer is supposed to do when he stops you is tell you why. And your police friends are right.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 11,450 times
Actually he stated on video that he paced me and didn't use radar. However, my citation states he used radar!

I've already have an attorney handling this for me. He's bad and until someone pursues it, he will continue to do this.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:27 PM

True, they don't have to show you the radar. However, there is a difference between being paced and receiving a citation by radar.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
I'll check out your site. What an abuse of power......

Old 07-25-2011, 06:35 PM

5 posts, read 7,613 times
When I was fighting my ticket I made a discover request for the radar certification, officers certification on the radar unit and the minor property sheet for the police cruiser the officer was driving and any and all video or audio of the stop. The first request I sent a certified letter, and the department didn't send anything. I had to ask for a continous. The second request I had my attorney sent the request. This time cottondale PD sent a hand written note something that looked like a child had wrote. Out lining what they said I would get and what they said they wouldn't send.
After that I got my attorney to write the jackson co. court system a letter expaining what was going on. I had to ask for another continous. At that time the judge had a talk with corp. otis and had to tell him to send me what I was asking for. After all that I still didn't get everything and I lost.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 PM

216 posts, read 951,810 times
Otis is just mad because he never caught this person.
High speed chase nets wanted sex offender | JCFLORIDAN (http://www2.jcfloridan.com/news/2011/jun/23/high-speed-chase-nets-wanted-sex-offender-ar-2013947/ - broken link)
(http://www2.jcfloridan.com/news/2011/jun/23/high-speed-chase-2013947/ - broken link)

Old 09-06-2011, 05:13 PM

my case was dismissed with no cost!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM

104 posts, read 240,573 times
Sence it seams like all the town officials are in on the scam. So the thing to do is file complaints with the county DA and state DA. If they get enough complaints they will do an ivestigation on the officer and hopefully the town officials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida