Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Love living in Broward County, crime rates below national average, rude people and neighbors, terrible traffic, third world invasions, wearing rose colored glasses

View Poll Results: I like living in Broward County, whats wrong with me?
You are wearing rose colored glasses 8 28.57%
There is something wrong with you 3 10.71%
You have never seen better 3 10.71%
Nothing, it's almost acceptable 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:31 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
ftlauderdale, if you are looking to leave, it's okay. nobody is going to blame you or give you heck about it. giving in to what's going on in broward/miami-dade co, and suggesting that you have had enough is reasonable. you are looking into moving to cary, nc arent you???
LOL!!!!!!!!!People ACTUALLY give me heck about LIKING it!!!

I had to laugh at the crackheads on the bench mentioned by Macguy. He lives in Fort Lauderdale, what the hell do you expect? Try and find that in Cooper City, Davie, Weston, Sunrise, Plantation, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and even parts of freaking Hollywood. You say I haven't seen better, but seriously, have you seen better? You live in the center, where all of the problems are centralized around, like every other city. Yeah, I know, 20 years ago, this wasn't the "City", and I would be blind to say it wasn't nicer back then, but as they say, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 08-05-2007 at 04:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 04:51 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
if you like it, then who cares what others think!?!

Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
if you like it, then who cares what others think!?!
Well, I wasn't in the best mood when I made the thread in the first place...and no, it's not South Florida's fault! Good point!!!!! +1 to you!

About Cary, well, maybe in a few years. For now, too boring.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:49 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!People ACTUALLY give me heck about LIKING it!!!

I had to laugh at the crackheads on the bench mentioned by Macguy. He lives in Fort Lauderdale, what the hell do you expect? Try and find that in Cooper City, Davie, Weston, Sunrise, Plantation, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and even parts of freaking Hollywood. You say I haven't seen better, but seriously, have you seen better? You live in the center, where all of the problems are centralized around, like every other city. Yeah, I know, 20 years ago, this wasn't the "City", and I would be blind to say it wasn't nicer back then, but as they say, whatever floats your boat.
You have some illusion Weston is some exclusive place like Beverly Hills or something. Weston is nothing other the a contrived city with cheaply built but over priced houses geared for the sucker market. I used to be in construction as a crane operator and worked on some of that garbage built out there. Let me describe your house. Your roof is 2 x 4 gang nailed trusses that arrived on trucks falling apart as the workers carefully hoisted them into place and got some sheeting on them to hold them together. The sheeting is particle board not plywood and the minimum that code will allow.

Your walls are painted drywall not a bit of real plaster anywhere. Your baseboards if you have any are like prefab 4 inch glued to the wall with a few nails in between. Your kitchen is also prefab particle with some hard wood facing. All your plumbing is PVC including the hot water lines, not a bit of copper to be found in the whole place. All your interior doors are prefab pre hung junk. The wiring is the minimum code will allow maybe, if there was an inspector around once and a while when it was being built. We used to pour concrete out there that was so loosely mixed it would just flow and they didn't have to vibrate it, (less work and quicker).

Forget a hurricane, I am waiting for some of those places to just fall down some day. More then likely you live somewhere near a lake. Lake, yea right, rock pit, which is where the fill came from to fill the swamp they built your house on. Now you know where all those cracks in your foundation are coming from. We used to look at that stuff and wonder what NY sucker would buy it sight unseen but they did. You are so high and mighty out in Weston but all you have a a piece of junk house you paid too much for sitting on a filled in swamp.

Those developments out there are jokes built for the northern sucker crowd since they have no clue what they are looking at in the first place. Take a look around your house and tell me I am wrong. Then I could be wrong about where you live, you may have contracted it yourself and had it custom built, but that is the only way, other wise it is junk, nice looking but junk never the less.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
You have some illusion Weston is some exclusive place like Beverly Hills or something. Weston is nothing other the a contrived city with cheaply built but over priced houses geared for the sucker market.
I have some illusion that Weston is some atypical suburban area that is somewhat similar to what you would find anywhere else in the states, with a few key differences, and yes, a lot of shoddy construction (like anywhere else, you have to see the homes they are building for the "halfbackers" in NC). If this is Beverly Hills, then it must be safe,diverse (in a good way), clean, and uncongested, but pretty damn overrated.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be much of a strong argument by anyone here. Harry Chickpeas post was really interesting, but will someone really put a serious argument as to why it sucks to live in Broward so much?

Last edited by compelled to reply; 08-05-2007 at 06:03 PM..

Old 08-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Ok, so far, it looks like the most people voted that its fine option, but the majority think its crap. I think otherwise, and yes, I have seen what is for whatever strange reason perceived as "better".

Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
ftlauderdale, if you like it, dont worry. ppl may like living in the panhandle for some reasons that you may find boring, a lack of culture, etc... everyone likes different areas for different reasons. not all of south fla is miami, you know that. i'd much rather live in martin co., psl, or pbg (if i could afford it), than live in orlando.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
ftlauderdale, if you like it, dont worry. ppl may like living in the panhandle for some reasons that you may find boring, a lack of culture, etc... everyone likes different areas for different reasons. not all of south fla is miami, you know that. i'd much rather live in martin co., psl, or pbg (if i could afford it), than live in orlando.
You can probably afford PSL. It's actually lower prices than Orlando.I would actually even recommend this area to you, but talk about expensive! I was just in Palm Beach Gardens yesterday, its so goregous. Even the highway interchange at PGA Blvd is pretty!!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Ok, so half think it's cool. I think I'm about to retire from this whole anger thing I have had lately...

Old 08-06-2007, 03:34 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,517 times
I think TriMT7 said it best of all.

People are too busy complaining about South Florida on this forum rather than being out there and actually doing something about that which they dislike. Or, God forbid, actually partaking in their community to find activities they do like with like-minded (or, as seems to be the huge issue here, persons of the same race) people.

It's seriously not that hard to do. Turn off the computer and go outside. Live your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida