Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 02:07 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Still wondering how the Florida Chamber of Commerce manages to hide the well-kept secret that Florida is hot?

Especially considering many people's first exposure to Florida is Orlando in the summertime, standing in line in the direct sun for two hours waiting to go on a thirty second ride. Personally, I could never live so far inland. I love my sea breeze... sometimes it even gets a bit nippy in the middle of summer with a breeze coming out of the pool at night.
With this recent 'cold' snap, did you have to put on your long undies, earmuffs and mittens to go outside ? Must be awfully cold to a south Floridian ...

Old 10-21-2011, 03:16 PM

677 posts, read 934,063 times
[quote=QuilterChick;21377375][quote=Spring Hillian;21375876]
Once more... If you do not like the way it works in FL, go elsewhere where the way it works is more suitable to you and put it behind you. It is counter productive to be in a place you despise.
Quote:

You do realize that many people who despise FL are stuck here. Did you get the memo about the real estate market? It could take several years to bail out of the swamp.
That's what I suspect too since I've read so many post where many Floridans are truly unhappy for 1 reason or another. But beware, cause comments such as this will summon Thing 1 and Thing 2 from out of the rafters, but fear not there's many who share your sentiment.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes.. I agree. One of the reasons we left Orlando after 17 years. We wanted a more coastal experience. I disagree that it is a 5-6 month issue in Orlando. Everybody complains about the weather no matter where they are.
But if one relocates to FL and complains that the weather is not to their liking obviously made a major error in their planning.

I don't know about that can always layer on idea. At one point in time, I used to wear queen size "winteralls" or something like that. They were simply wooly pantyhose. I recall many a morning standing on an elevated subway platform and those "winteralls", a suit, a top coat, hat, scarf and gloves were not enough to keep out the wind chill.
Really? Gee I thought you were a man, was I wrong? How say ye?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
With this recent 'cold' snap, did you have to put on your long undies, earmuffs and mittens to go outside ? Must be awfully cold to a south Floridian ...
Nope. But I am lamenting the loss of what I had hoped to be the last beach going weekend of the year.

Actually slept with the windows open... though that made the house 72 degrees this morning, which is a bit chillier than I prefer to keep the house at night (74).

But hey, you must be enjoying it, huh? No longer trapped indoors, sitting near a block of ice with a fan blowing over it, hiding from the world and cursing the humidity?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:30 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
REALLY! Yes, I am a male. Didn't stop me from wearing them. Had to take em off at the office though. Kind of difficult moving around freely in them.

I must admit the extra layer did help, but did not stop the wind chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Really? Gee I thought you were a man, was I wrong? How say ye?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
REALLY! Yes, I am a male. Didn't stop me from wearing them. Had to take em off at the office though. Kind of difficult moving around freely in them.

I must admit the extra layer did help, but did not stop the wind chill.
Very interesting. I'll have to ask my husband the next time the temp dips down to 15* if he'd mind wearing "wooly pantyhose", I but I got a damn good idea what his answer will be.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:41 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times
Quote:
Very interesting. I'll have to ask my husband the next time the temp dips down to 15* if he'd mind wearing "wooly pantyhose", I but I got a damn good idea what his answer will be.

Could that be another name for long johns? I know my husband has worn those many a time in TN. I've even worn them on occasion. They are much more comfy than regular panty hose.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
Could that be another name for long johns? I know my husband has worn those many a time in TN. I've even worn them on occasion. They are much more comfy than regular panty hose.

Ummmmmm....NO. Long Johns don't come in Queen size.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Ummmmmm....NO. Long Johns don't come in Queen size.
Correct, & to the best of my knowledge (cause my husband wears longjohns) they are not "wooly".

Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
To each his own. Wasn't the temperature that was problematic, it was the wind. Chilling wind. Biting. They were "winteralls" by Hanes. I'd still be able to move yet stay a little warmer.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida