Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel-BG View Post
It's about time. No doubt about it, should be mandated across all 52 states.
52 states???? Did we gain a couple since yesterday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
I don't get it. People that work at retail jobs, fast food and some restaurants are typically drug tested. Those that have professions, typically do not get drug tested. It's really amusing in some sort of strange way.

Perhaps the reason why people on welfare and other assistance need to be drug tested is so that they can actually obtain a job should they win the interview and have to be drug tested. How about, if you are on assistance, apply for a job and do not get it because you cannot pass a drug test you do not receive benefits?

Better yet. Legalize and tax marijuana, a lot less people would fail drug tests and the government would generate lots of extra tax money.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 PM

357 posts, read 799,863 times
This is nice and all but guess who ends up picking up the tab for all these drug tests?
Yet another worthless increase in spending and taxes passed down to the people from the crooked governor who claims to be trying to cut costs. BS.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:49 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
I think we should test Scott to see if he has a heart and a brain.....let's not even think about whether or not he has a soul.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
I don't see a problem....if your down and out and need welfare, you should be focusing on changing your lifestyle habits, making yourself more marketable.....not laying around getting high all day.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:23 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
This is nice and all but guess who ends up picking up the tab for all these drug tests?
Yet another worthless increase in spending and taxes passed down to the people from the crooked governor who claims to be trying to cut costs. BS.

Yeah, this is a waste of money because those that are using welfare, partying and being high (on who knows what) are really the type of people that are going to get off their rears and get a job.... and pay taxes.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 AM

130 posts, read 426,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
52 states???? Did we gain a couple since yesterday?
Yeah, Love & Harmony!

Old 07-11-2011, 01:10 PM

399 posts, read 719,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Maybe one day you'll lose your job and have to rely on some form of gvmnt social service,now wont you feel just great when some one who is working and has it all calls you a freeloader on drugs,a veritable bum expecting entitlements that others are paying for.
Yeah its real easy to criticize the less fortunate until you become one of them..
I grew up poor and my father never went on government assistance. He worked crappy jobs rather than having food stamps. He borrowed money from family even once we got food from a local church, but never from the government. Now if I lost my job I would do the same..work at Mcdonald's or some other low paying job as much as I would hate it..I would do it until I could find something better. I don't do drugs anyway..not even alcohol, so if they wanted to test me..so be it.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Then the state has devised a system to get the money to the family to care for children, bypassing the drug addict/user.

The drug addict/user enrolls in rehab/detox in order to get the handout.
Everything you have said has been calm and reasonable and true.....thx.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:09 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I don't get it. People that work at retail jobs, fast food and some restaurants are typically drug tested. Those that have professions, typically do not get drug tested. It's really amusing in some sort of strange way.

Perhaps the reason why people on welfare and other assistance need to be drug tested is so that they can actually obtain a job should they win the interview and have to be drug tested. How about, if you are on assistance, apply for a job and do not get it because you cannot pass a drug test you do not receive benefits?

Better yet. Legalize and tax marijuana, a lot less people would fail drug tests and the government would generate lots of extra tax money.
I love the people who want to legalize pot. then we will have even more people driving and working in a drugged up state. I have family members who swear pot isn't any worse than alcohol and that may be true, except for the smoke in the lungs. (How can that be good for you ?) But studies have shown that reaction times when driving a car or operating machinery is just as bad as with alcohol.

ps-the family members with regular pot smoking, though calling it recreational, have short term memory problems, etc, etc. You can always tell when they have been smoking, they are like zombies and think they are so funny and mellow. A pox on pot smoking ! And even as a senior, I've smoked it, liked it and decided I didn't need anything else to fog up my brain....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: