Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,605,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
The thing is, she is the same person she was before so expect to hear from her again. She is a sociopath
and a psychotic and for what it is worth probably dangerous. She has serious mental illness and I am sure has had for years.
This is exactly my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
This is exactly my opinion.
Sound familiar, that girl is extremely sick?

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.
  • Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
  • Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
  • Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
  • Incapacity for Love
  • Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
  • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
As I wrote on another thread, I once lost my wallet and immediately reported it to the police. Ever had your car stolen? Do you wait for 31 days to report it stolen?

Maybe the whole family is crazy, which is why the jury said she didn't commit the murder, but I believe she is 100% guilty. As the prosecution pointed out in closing arguments, the baby was getting to the age where she could no longer be sedated without suspicion and would soon be starting school, telling teachers that there was no nanny and Mommy leaves her doped up (maybe even restrained) all night while she parties at nightclubs.

I'm never one to point fingers for bad behavior. I had my share of fun when I was in my 20s. I never, never, never, never would hurt a child. The "I was abused" defense always makes me ill, because my sisters and I were both emotionally and physically abused. It might be a reason, but it's not an excuse for bad behavior. I wasn't sexually abused, but I still don't think it justifies criminal behavior.

If Caylee really drowned in the pool and it was a cover-up, then the parents and the brother need to be charged with lying to the police and perjury. I mean, if this is really true, then a lot of taxpayer money was spent when they knew where to find the body while she decomposed. Poor little Caylee. Rest in peace.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,077 times
I'm surprised that they didn't give the choices of 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, etc. Going for 1st degree, especially in this case, was definitely hard to prove, and if they ONLY went with 1st degree, the defense could throw out many different scenarios to muddy the water and cause reasonable doubt, which they did. Very sad. I feel so bad for that little girl.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Must be something in the jurers drinking water as a similar case just ended here in Montreal,Father seems to have got away with murdering his 2 kids ..

Guy Turcotte found not criminally responsible in deaths of his two children (http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Turcotte+found+criminally+responsible+deaths+child ren/5051662/story.html - broken link)

Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Must be something in the jurers drinking water as a similar case just ended here in Montreal,Father seems to have got away with murdering his 2 kids ..

Guy Turcotte found not criminally responsible in deaths of his two children (http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Turcotte+found+criminally+responsible+deaths+child ren/5051662/story.html - broken link)
Mostly it is because, we know more about the case then the jury did, they just see the evidence that gets permitted. They didn't hear from the lady body guard Casey had when she was first bonded out of jail before the body was found. She talked to Casey all the time and said she never had any interest in the search for the baby. In fact never refereed to the baby except in the past tense. When asked about the tatoo said it was in memory of Caylee. This was before anyone new the baby was dead. The jury never heard any of this. I think the body guards testimony would have been pretty good but she was never called or maybe it was hear-say who knows. But like I said, we know more then the jury did.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:23 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
I am disappointed because I wanted justice for Caylee. I am not surprised though since all the defense had to do was create reasonable doubt. The burden of proof was on the prosecution and even though they had lots of evidence, they didn't prove that Casey did anything other than lie. And she appears to be a pathological liar and an unfit mother. I really wanted to hear Casey testify. What kind of a parent loses a child for 30 days and doesn't notify the police and anyone else who will listen?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

To recycle an old OJ joke:

Casey turns to her lawyer and says, "Does that mean I REALLY didn't do it"?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Mostly it is because, we know more about the case then the jury did, they just see the evidence that gets permitted. They didn't hear from the lady body guard Casey had when she was first bonded out of jail before the body was found. She talked to Casey all the time and said she never had any interest in the search for the baby. In fact never refereed to the baby except in the past tense. When asked about the tatoo said it was in memory of Caylee. This was before anyone new the baby was dead. The jury never heard any of this. I think the body guards testimony would have been pretty good but she was never called or maybe it was hear-say who knows. But like I said, we know more then the jury did.
This has nothing to do with it. I actually found the evidence presented by the prosecution to much more convincing than anything purported by the media. The criminologist who testified about human decomposition in Casey's trunk, the searches found in the computers for chloroform and neck breaking, the interview with police in which Casey had lied to them about her working at Disney World or whatever, and then of course all of the circumstantial evidence regarding her lying to family and friends about Caylee's wearabouts, the whole "Zanny the Nanny" lie, etc. etc. This all points clearly to her having been involved in the dissapearance and murder of her daughter.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
This has nothing to do with it. I actually found the evidence presented by the prosecution to much more convincing than anything purported by the media. The criminologist who testified about human decomposition in Casey's trunk, the searches found in the computers for chloroform and neck breaking, the interview with police in which Casey had lied to them about her working at Disney World or whatever, and then of course all of the circumstantial evidence regarding her lying to family and friends about Caylee's wearabouts, the whole "Zanny the Nanny" lie, etc. etc. This all points clearly to her having been involved in the dissapearance and murder of her daughter.
Here is my wife's opinion and she said this more then a year ago. My wife comes from a family of attorneys and has a knowledge of the law. The case began getting screwed up from the very beginning by the police. They arrested her and charged her with murder before there even was a body of anything but the thinnest evidence. She was no threat to anyone and should have been left free.

They arrested her and then tried to invent a case against her. They arrest people years after they commit crimes all the time. If she was out walking around she would have said something or done something that would have incriminated her without a doubt. Once in jail and lawyer-ed up that was it. She was never admitting to anything. It all goes back to exactly what the defense lawyer said, they zeroed in on her right from the start with no evidence. Even though they began to collect evidence it never connected directly to her. People like her incriminate themselves given the chance. Look at that Scott Peterson guy. Look at Drew Peterson, he was out there doing TVand radio interviews for a year and he killed two wives. Eventually they make a mistake. Both Peterson's are now in jail. The police screwed up ever arresting her in the first place with nothing to go on but a hunch.
This is a fact and the reason she could now write a book, "How I killed my daughter and got away with it".

Last edited by mango23; 07-05-2011 at 05:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida