U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 09:49 AM

14 posts, read 61,786 times

Advertisements

Anyone can offer help about this area. Thinking about making the move from Palm Beach County. Trying to stay in the state but property taxes & homeowners insurance sure are making it hard.
Palm Coast seems like the last place where new housing is somewhat reasonably priced but I am not making the trip there until next month so anyone familiar with the area please advise.
It sure is tough to be able to stay in the state of Florida ... & it seems the people in Tallahassee & even on the local level just dont seem to care. Its a all about me attitude as well as a keeping up with the joneses thing. Its really changed here , what was once nice scenery has been replaced by concrete jungles.
They say you cant stop progress , I wonder if this is really progress??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 12:31 PM

144 posts, read 403,973 times
Do a search on here using the words Palm Coast. Good luck!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,007 times
I have been in Palm Coast for over 10 years and very familiar with all aspects -

Last edited by moderator; 08-11-2007 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Realtor Advertising

Old 08-11-2007, 10:05 PM

14 posts, read 61,786 times
So ... what can you tell me????

Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,903 times
would appreciate any information on palm coast, property taxes, homeowner insurance ect. which county in florida has the lowest property tax rates that is located near the beaches?

Old 08-25-2007, 06:45 AM

49 posts, read 264,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitch View Post
Anyone can offer help about this area. Thinking about making the move from Palm Beach County. Trying to stay in the state but property taxes & homeowners insurance sure are making it hard.
Palm Coast seems like the last place where new housing is somewhat reasonably priced but I am not making the trip there until next month so anyone familiar with the area please advise.
It sure is tough to be able to stay in the state of Florida ... & it seems the people in Tallahassee & even on the local level just dont seem to care. Its a all about me attitude as well as a keeping up with the joneses thing. Its really changed here , what was once nice scenery has been replaced by concrete jungles.
They say you cant stop progress , I wonder if this is really progress??
We lived in Palm Coast for a year...June 2006-June 2007....rented. I read somewhere that Palm Coast is the fastest growing city in FL. Lots of new stores opening. Also noticed....lots of empty houses....think they're building a little too fast. When we lived in Volusia County we used to drive to FLagler county along A1A just to see the ocean. Same in Volusia county.... 'concrete jungles' all along the beaches.....not a pretty site. Palm Coast is pretty & clean....just don't think they were prepared for the growth.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 AM

200 posts, read 655,588 times
Been here in PC for over 15 years. Like other parts of the country we have loads of homes for sale - our little area was pretty heavily based on the housing market for it's growth and yes we were listed several times by USA TODAY as the #1 fastest growing area....the roads and stores are congested right now but the city is trying to play "catch up" - the secret got out. There is a new TOWN CENTER being built and many services coming in - if you are retired it is great but if you are looking for a good paying job it is not. Go to this site to get the latest about PC - I look at this site about 1x a month - there is a RUMOR LINK on the left that tells you what is coming in and being built, etc. SITE: Real Estate News and Information for Palm Coast, Flagler County, Florida: GoToby.com
Good luck - come up and check it out.....it is nice but it is a bit crowded. We are only 2 miles from the POffice and it takes a good 20 minutes to get there due to all the stop lights and traffic. But the winters are SUPERB!! So with good is always bad - so check it out - you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida