Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,094 times

Advertisements

Lake City Florida......lol....I did my research online through reading posts in the forums and other places for 2 months before moving here from Michigan.

I have lived in a few different places over the last few years. One thing I have found to be true in most towns is there is a right side and a wrong side of the tracks to be on.

You will figure this out soon on your own, but I am a 40ish yr old white man...not poor, not rich..middle class might fit me okay.

I prefer to eat at Cracker Barrel, Outback steak house and Chili's whenever possible. I will give props to the " ole timers" restaurant in the mall that has a wonderful country style buffet.

Safety and low crime are my main concerns. Check on here for registered sex offenders...there are 177 in lake city. Kinda high if you ask me for such a small town.

When I first came into town 3 months ago, I came in by highway 90...mistake. My first views of Lake City where...lets just say..the wrong side of the tracks.
Houses that resembled shacks where the first things I saw. As I got into town it was still looking bad. Low income looking houses lined the road.

Finally I got near Wal-mart and some sense of normal life feeling.

Do yourself a favor, call the sheriffs office and ask them about the area you wish to live in before going there.

If you look at a map, from the middle of Lake city, stay left and down and in those areas. In all fairness, I have not been North yet.

I have met a lot of nice people here.. but with any city, you just have to be at the right side of the tracks for your own comfort level.

I would not worry to much about the "End Timers"....they are a stay to themselves type people I am sure. You don't bother them, they will not bother you.

Good luck and do your research......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida