Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Someone here asked me why would I move to Florida in July because they said it would be so hot you wont be able to stand it.

Well, its now August and we survived the month of July with ease.

We went to our first auction tonight and it was warm loading all the goodies we bought at the auction but it was not heat stroke by any means.

Fact is, it is much hotter and humid at the same time period in Ohio as I can attest to going to many July and August auctions and could not get my breathe because it was so humid.

Here in Florida I have not ran into that problem.

Will let you know how August goes but after August we will be in the clear and no one can whine about the extreme so called heat that you cannot breathe anymore.

A dip in the pool, the ocean, some nice sunglasses, tank tops and flip flops do the trick. So far, not one day of what we were told to expect.

After 32 straight days last winter of below freezing temps with snow and ice not melting makes one crave to be warm. I can always cool down but I can never stop the chills off my bones.

Come on down, the spa is overflowing into the pool and it feels great to be under the water fall sipping an ice cold tea.

In Ohio this time next month we started shutting down the pool, this year will be swimming with Santa.
Have pictures of this.....? It sounds like something from a magazine.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
All anybody has to do is check the figures on the National Weather Service or any local news channel on the internet. Just pick a city,
see the weather. Doesn't do any good to ask anyone here because
of the answers you get. Some people can tolerate/deal with warm weather and some can't. You will get the most outrageous reports from those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaboy View Post
I'm sick of all the bull from people living in Florida exaggerating ten-fold how hot it is, and I'm sick of people visiting Florida claiming the weather is perfect. Both are lies. Don't believe people who give you a one-sided answer on the topic.

I plan on adding more information about how many thunderstorms their ACTUALLY are and debunking the myth that it thunderstorms everyday during the summer... which is NOT true whatsoever.

I also plan on adding a UV index to this, as the sun plays an important role in how hot it feels, especially in a place like Florida where direct sun is much more intense than, say, New York.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:09 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Have pictures of this.....? It sounds like something from a magazine.............
Most all pools here have spas with the water overflowing into the pool.

You gotta to get out of the house once in a while.

Open the french doors to the lanai and you can hear the water flowing from the spa into the pool if the pump is on.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems like everyone out there hates winter cold and would prefer Floridas summer heat.I`m the exception,never gave winter or summer much thought as it just is what it is but as i got older my residence in Florida became unbearable due to the never ending heat and humidity, finally in my late 20`s a golden opportunity arose and goodby Florida hello Montreal.
Now we get winter and i love it, I love bundling up in winter cloths, i love seeing my breath on a cold winter morning,i love the sound of fresh snow underfoot, snow storms and blizzards are nature in its glory,shoveling steps and car are great exercise,I love skiing,snowmobiling,hiking through the country on snowshoes,
Usually at the end of the day i love having a fire (in the fireplace eh) sitting on a comfy chair with a cat on my lap and a big cup of warm rum toddy and a good book to read then after a while retiring to a bed with many blankets topped off with a big fluffy comforter etc.
Always puzzles me as to why no one sees the beauty of winter and all it has to offer in the way of activities and beauty and would prefer the never ending monotony of Floridas heat and humidity which i usually get enough of on my annual 2-3 week vacations to see friends and family..

I love this kinda stuff,that round lump on the right is my BBQ
I grew up with this every winter.

I would buy the steaks for the grill but since it is 4 foot under the snow I guess you won't be doing any BBQing anytime soon.

I have already asked my kids if they want to head back north to build snowmen and go sledding and I get some nasty looks and the side to side NO.

They want to go to the ocean ever day and love it.

For the OP, we have August to go yet but I did not find July hot as I was expecting it to be based on postings here that you wont be able to go outside.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM

45 posts, read 112,601 times
I forgot. to add injury to insult, not only does Nebraska have bad winters and lots of snow, there are no snow sports here! No mountains for skiing or snowboarding. At least if I could go snowboarding that would help but I can't.

I went jogging last night, 100 degrees HIGH humidity. I felt like I was going to pass out and had to resort to walking. Once I got home, it was like I went swimming.

I could understand if this is how it was all the time. But I think last night was worse than Florida ever is. Its crazy how Humid Nebraska is being a land locked state.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:20 PM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii210/ca441970/Justhowhot.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
I forgot. to add injury to insult, not only does Nebraska have bad winters and lots of snow, there are no snow sports here! No mountains for skiing or snowboarding. At least if I could go snowboarding that would help but I can't.

I went jogging last night, 100 degrees HIGH humidity. I felt like I was going to pass out and had to resort to walking. Once I got home, it was like I went swimming.

I could understand if this is how it was all the time. But I think last night was worse than Florida ever is. Its crazy how Humid Nebraska is being a land locked state.
then you have to come here to see how humid it is for 7-8 months....

Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I don't understand how people can compare up north on a hot day to FL. I have lived up north in a few states and in FL. 90 in FL and 90 up north feels very different due to the humidity and dew point here in FL. Never up north did I feel days like FL. There are some days in FL where the windows will fog. Even inside it can feel damp and why items such as crackers can get soggy. The amount of bugs and creatures in FL and the storms in the afternoon from the humidity/heat. It feels like there is a wall up around you.
I am a person who is always cold so FL heat is not the issues. I swell too from the humidity which feels painful and gross. I am not a fan of winter either but FL is very extreme
I know I sound negative and I do feel winter in FL is pretty and even the summer scenery is if looking from inside.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM

84 posts, read 229,397 times
tampaboy- if all you wanted to do was post facts and have people agree with you, why bother to post? your title question was how hot is FL? well, the perception of heat has to do with a lot more than just the actual temperature, which is what people were trying to explain with personal experiences.

(here's more "personal experience", just to pi$$ you off)
the heat is fine if all you're doing is hanging around in your flip flops and tank top around the pool. wait til you have to go to work/school everyday and have to wear normal clothes. i frequently walk out the door at 8am and immediately want to go back inside and take another shower!

the winters are nice though. you know, from thanksgiving to valentines.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 PM

LMAO

Awesome pic Chris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida