Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If a northern person is thinking of moving south, anywhere in the south U.S., they have to ask themselves
a question: Can I deal with 90+ degree temperatures and high humidity from March until October. If they cannot come to a conclusion, they need to rethink that move.
That is an exaggeration. Yes, even I get tired of the constant heat, but it is not 90 plus with high humidity from March to October. In May is usually when we begin to have "some days" at or above 90. From June-end of Sep and sometimes beginning of Oct. is another thing.

Usually around the last week of Sep/beginning of Oct. the 90 plus days are minimal. Last year by the 3rd week of Sep. I do not recall having days at 90; upper 80s yes, and with a less humidity. Fall of 2009 was a different story. We were getting 90 degree days towards the 2nd half of October, but that was not the norm. I live in Miami where it is usually hotter than most of the state.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Damn! with all of you leaving Florida maybe Southern again.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes, but I'd like to see the posting they are referring to.
Please let it go. Geesh!!!

There have been several posts in the various Florida forums where someone posted "I haven't seen a bug since I moved here" or something similar. I didn't even say it's not true, only that it isn't an acceptable or responsible reply to those who ask about insects in Florida. Do you really expect me to go through hundreds or thousands of comments? In fact, when you asked, I tried finding them by using key words and got this

[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/search.php?searchid=31535871[/url]

There are way too many posts about bugs on the Florida forums. Believe it or not, I have a life! If I mentioned a specific person, or even a specific forum, that might be different.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
If the transplants are complaining over something like the temperature and they leave for a reason like that, then they're most likely a negative person in general no matter where they are.
Wow, that sure is judgmental. So if you choose to live where you enjoy the weather, it means you are negative? If you go to the Alaska forum, a lot of people really love the weather, even when it's 40 below. So I guess the same must apply to people who move there and decide to leave because it's too cold?

Why can't people just decide what is best for their personal lifestyles?

Anyway, as I wrote earlier, it's really been nice today. If I were on vacation, I probably wouldn't think so, but the rain has been very refreshing.

Well, this subject has certainly been beaten to death.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
It's hard to know about bugs or the temp inside a vehicle when you don't actually live in the state.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
It's hard to know about bugs or the temp inside a vehicle when you don't actually live in the state.
Funny how that works, aint it?

Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
I used to read constant post about Florida being so dry and all of a sudden the last couple of weeks we have had tons of rain.

Oh yes, here in the Orlando, Florida area today was pretty, then cloudy, then rain, then a clearing and then more rain.

Picking up the kids at school today here in Florida I thought of this OP's posting about moving back to Pa and having to deal with the cold and snow again. At this time when we were in Ohio I would always think about the dreaded up coming ice and snow on the roads when taking the kids to school. Not any more baby!

I am glad we are here and have survived the so called brutal months of July and August and look forward to going to Disney this weekend as the wonderful September weather comes in.

Good luck to the OP on your adventure.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

Picking up the kids at school today here in Florida I thought of this OP's posting about moving back to Pa and having to deal with the cold and snow again. At this time when we were in Ohio I would always think about the dreaded up coming ice and snow on the roads when taking the kids to school. Not any more baby!
Not every one has your negative viewpoint on winter,many of us like the cold refreshing weather and enjoy the winter activities that winter provides and can only wish it were actually 9 months long.
For many people winter is no big deal.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny-days-in-florida View Post
i used to read constant post about florida being so dry and all of a sudden the last couple of weeks we have had tons of rain.

Oh yes, here in the orlando, florida area today was pretty, then cloudy, then rain, then a clearing and then more rain.

Picking up the kids at school today here in florida i thought of this op's posting about moving back to pa and having to deal with the cold and snow again. At this time when we were in ohio i would always think about the dreaded up coming ice and snow on the roads when taking the kids to school. Not any more baby!

I am glad we are here and have survived the so called brutal months of july and august and look forward to going to disney this weekend as the wonderful september weather comes in.

Good luck to the op on your adventure.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
This time last year it was much drier. It seems to be a very wet summer this year. I know we started out with a drought but I swear the last 2 weeks has been very wet. I want my clear skies back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida