Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:51 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
-------------------it took me about 2 minutes
Very proud of you!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Are you serious? Wow...
The heat's great and so is the humidity in small doses. Pretty indifferent about the insects.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:46 AM

165 posts, read 552,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
I feel like someone sees my points at last , Florida is a hole its hot , then every other week we are threatened by a hurricane , the old people who live here hate kids and don't want to hear any noise past 8pm.

The jobs here are you either serve the rich or you are rich and they don't pay and treat you like crap.

Then we get the rains bugs come out eat you alive, the cops in the small towns are jokes they are bored and harass anyone and everyone on top of the that we have lawyers wall to wall and everyone is suing everyone for no reason the old people are the worst.

I served for 10 years only to move into a gated community where I have been abused almost all the time called the Arbors in Hobe Sound , I have congestive heart failure now and they insist on abusing me this is how republicans treat people that ensured their safety nice .

I got sick while serving somehow this is my fault , law firms here open foreclosure mills and the state does nothing instead they elect Rick Scott one of the worst criminals of all to run this god forsaken state.

I served to make sure all these old farts could be free and I found out they are the ones pushing for my house to be foreclosed on ?

Be clear anyone thinking of moving here this is one corrupt state rednecks and old people and forget the cops they are Nazis.

I am leaving so all your great old fart Florida lovers can rot here in your morgue , enjoy you bunch of old nasty rude self important ****heads.
If you did serve and now have resentment because people don't bend over backwards to thank you for your service then you served for the wrong reason. You think because you are a vet that you deserve special treatment, it doesn't work like that. I'm sorry you got sick, but I don't understand how that is the state of Florida's fault. Good luck to you, hope it gets better for you.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
I am leaving so all your great old fart Florida lovers can rot here in your morgue , enjoy you bunch of old nasty rude self important ****heads.
First off, thank you serving and I'm sorry you got sick from (I assume) being put in a situation that led to it.

Second...you are right, some (not all) of the old people do tend to suck. Some of them do hate kids and they should really live in a 55+ community if they do. There are some areas that are better family areas than others though, maybe bad luck or not enough scoping the area?

Third...why is the service not helping you? I dont think a state would be the right place to vent frustration for lacking benefits from military service. The state doesn't deploy you for, the military did (as you know, obviously). So they should be assisting you more if you have problems there.

Fourth...the seniors thing again regarding foreclosures. I don't know the specifics of your issue (assuming it is related to not being able to work due to sickness, therefor not being able to pay the mortgage), and I'm not sure what specific law you are referring to that seniors pushed for. But I will say this is why it is so important that the people who are still raising families go out and vote on issues (even more than in other parts of the country) as there are many retirees that will vote selfishly for their own zero-tax, low cost needs with complete disregard to how it will impact the communities they live in for the next generation (i.e. I grew up in PA/NY/pick the state, and dont care about FL since my family is back in PA/NY/pick your state). Even if you don't think you've lived in FL long enough to understand some issues...you've lived "life" long enough to spot BS so go out and vote for the things you know families need (and you can ignore the things you don't understand yet). Not all taxes/laws are equally needed, but just be mindful that there is a large base of voters who's self-interest is NOT to have great longer term services, as opposed to lower shorter term costs.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 AM

801 posts, read 1,513,534 times
Where do you guys live? It's hot everywhere but I don't see anything out of the ordinary in Jacksonville. I see roaches, lizards, snakes, frogs, things like that, but I don't see any exotic animals. And there aren't any places where people live on swamps/marshes in Jacksonville even though there are some. And I have NEVER heard of anyone having bad pay where "you either serve the rich or you are rich and they don't pay and treat you like crap." None of that happens in Jacksonville from my experience. And the people here are very friendly. There are the occasional rude people but everywhere I go, everyone is just friendly. There are rednecks but that all depends on where you live.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:27 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times
There's pros and cons EVERYWHERE!

There's weird and creepy insects in FLA, they have them in NY as well, and in CA, and in Hawaii and in Texas! YES they do!

It does get hot here, but it also gets very hot in TX, as well as in the SW and in the MW, even hotter than here! SHOCKING I know!

We do get hurricanes, but so does TX, as well as NC and Louisiana. But wait! If you did some research, you'll find out that NYC has a greater chance of getting hit by a hurricane than Tampa does! Another shocker! And in response to the reporter above saying we get threatened by a hurricane every week, if my memory serves me right, Florida actually hasn't had a threat or a hit by a hurricane since 2006. 5 years! Nearly 3X longer than the two freak years of 2004-2005. But hurricanes have been around for thousands and thousands of years, long before we had all these "greenhouse gases." Hey, they even hit places then and will continue to do so. If you don't like it, take it up to Mother Nature. You think people in 70+ years ago whined and moaned about the hurricanes? No, they dealt with it, stuck it out and did what they had to. Yes, this was before generators were invented, before people had running water, proper sewer, air conditioning, TV, cars, the WC to warn people of a coming storm, etc. I mean, obviously the storms didn't drive them away as they stayed.

At least we don't get sub-zero blizzard freezes like in the majority of the country, or frequent tornadoes as in the MW, or excessive cloudiness or raininess like in the NW, or sometimes 24 hours without sunlight such as in Alaska or flash flooding, or black ice on the roads or earthquakes or volcanoes. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather go through a hurricane than all of those things.

And why was FLA created? Gee, I don't know, maybe because of the thing called tectonic plates and them moving around over thousands and millions of years. With sea levels falling to expose this land called "Florida".

Last edited by 90sman; 09-05-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
There's pros and cons EVERYWHERE!

There's weird and creepy insects in FLA, they have them in NY as well, and in CA, and in Hawaii and in Texas! YES they do!

It does get hot here, but it also gets very hot in TX, as well as in the SW and in the MW, even hotter than here! SHOCKING I know!

We do get hurricanes, but so does TX, as well as NC and Louisiana. But wait! If you did some research, you'll find out that NYC has a greater chance of getting hit by a hurricane than Tampa does! Another shocker! And in response to the reporter above saying we get threatened by a hurricane every week, if my memory serves me right, Florida actually hasn't had a threat or a hit by a hurricane since 2006. 5 years! Nearly 3X longer than the two freak years of 2004-2005. But hurricanes have been around for thousands and thousands of years, long before we had all these "greenhouse gases." Hey, they even hit places then and will continue to do so. If you don't like it, take it up to Mother Nature. You think people in 70+ years ago whined and moaned about the hurricanes? No, they dealt with it, stuck it out and did what they had to. Yes, this was before generators were invented, before people had running water, proper sewer, air conditioning, TV, cars, the WC to warn people of a coming storm, etc. I mean, obviously the storms didn't drive them away as they stayed.

At least we don't get sub-zero blizzard freezes like in the majority of the country, or frequent tornadoes as in the MW, or excessive cloudiness or raininess like in the NW, or sometimes 24 hours without sunlight such as in Alaska or flash flooding, or black ice on the roads or earthquakes or volcanoes. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather go through a hurricane than all of those things.

And why was FLA created? Gee, I don't know, maybe because of the thing called tectonic plates and them moving around over thousands and millions of years. With sea levels falling to expose this land called "Florida".
Thank you, 90sman, for this great post - it's nice to have posts like this to help educate some of the clueless on here.

And yeah, RON PAUL 2012!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:53 PM

104 posts, read 240,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I thought it all started back in 1513 when Ponce de Leon was searching for the fountain of youth. If you look around Florida and check out the general population, obviously it's still missing.

Got a good chuckle out of that.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Every home has a sewer, cesspool or septic tank, Florida is America's version of that. That is why it is at the bottom.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,252,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Why build on a swamp?
Louisiana, DC, Texas and several others have swamps also but no one questions them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida