Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 02:32 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,204,446 times

Advertisements

Well my property taxes doubled, my property insurance doubled, my car insurance doubled, being hit with 3 MAJOR hurricanes, and my salary not being able to barely keep up except for saving like mad is what kept me afloat here. These are my reasons all the while busting my hump and for what. Yet lawmakers, insurance companies all getting pay raises and wasting our money. I've had it with Floriduh, these are the reasons why nobody cares down here. We've all had it and simply don't care anymore. But hey we all got low paying tourism jobs YAY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The problem with that is for people who make double and more of those $30/$40K social workers. they will be getting that same UE of $275 a week. What percentage of THEIR salaries is that $275/week?

People who make double or more will tend to be professionals with transportable fields.

What's the UE rate for a college grad or professional degree holder vs. others?

Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Well my property taxes doubled, my property insurance doubled, my car insurance doubled, being hit with 3 MAJOR hurricanes
Are you reporting from 2006?

Property taxes doubled during the boom (well, they shouldn't really have if you homesteaded your property), but I know personally, mine have dropped in HALF since 2008 alone. And property tax rates are higher in Texas than FL. Property insurance is the only thing I'll grant as going up. Car insurance? Too many "personal" factors affecting THAT. I pay about 100/month for my car. Male, under 30, 100/300 coverage. Am I crazy to think that's not too bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
, these are the reasons why nobody cares down here. We've all had it and simply don't care anymore.
Please take care not to conflate "you" with "we've" and "nobody" when discussing us "down here." Thank you.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 PM

10,199 posts, read 6,277,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
People who make double or more will tend to be professionals with transportable fields.

What's the UE rate for a college grad or professional degree holder vs. others?
My IT husband's skills weren't "transportable", not even to stocking shelves in a supermarket ("overqualified"). He was getting the max of $450/week in another state.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,278,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I've had it with Floriduh, these are the reasons why nobody cares down here. We've all had it and simply don't care anymore. But hey we all got low paying tourism jobs YAY!

No one cares. Does that mean everyone?

We have all had it?

Low paying tourism jobs?

Did you know this when you moved here? Did you do your research BEFORE you moved here like "MOST" of us who have successfully moved here did?

There is money laying around everywhere in Florida. You can easily pull in 500 bucks a week going to thrift stores alone and reselling on ebay and craigslist.

I find things at thrift stores, goodwills, antique malls, yard sales and do extremely well selling on ebay. In fact, I find more then I can list in a day here in Florida.

The opportunity here to buy items and make a decent profit is unreal.

Antique auctions are loaded with dollars.

For instance, last week I bought a large junk box of jewelry for 10 bucks at an auction among other things. I get home and get my trusty magnet out and find 10 oz of silver ( 37.00 per ounce ) and 3 oz gold chains. Return on that box alone will be more then 500 dollars.

I get sick of the whining about low paying jobs. Do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida