Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 08:09 AM

13 posts, read 28,298 times

Advertisements

Hello - I may be moving to northeast FL for work. I have been presented with a great career opportunity in Palm Coast that I do not think I can pass up. The problem is I have spent a lot of time in some of the best cities (LA, Denver, Austin, Atlanta, Manhattan etc.) but not any time in North East FL. I would not have to stay in Palm Coast forever, but I would need to work here for at least a year, maybe two.

I am mid 20s and what I enjoy most about the cities listed above are the events (fairs, concerts, sporting events), weekend fun (bars/lounges), and other mid 20 year olds. I would like to learn to surf as well!

I have heard that is not Palm Coast at all. I hear Jax is a large city but large as in spread out and not a bustling metropolitan area. I hear St. Augustine is great but small (Has a college, not sure how many students?) The last city I would consider living in is Daytona. I went there when I was 16 and there was nothing happening! The locals said unless its bike week or spring break it is dead. I believe those are my choices with a commute to Palm Coast (and of course I could live in Palm Coast...)

So what are your opinions?? Best place I could commute to Palm Coast from with some culture, weekend fun, and most importantly others my age.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 AM

27,202 posts, read 43,896,295 times
I would opt for St Augustine. It's a small town but because of it's tourism industry it offers more per capita in terms of things to do as a result. It's also closer to Jacksonville which is where you would probably wind up often on the weekends. Daytona Beach is kind of "downmarket" and has little to offer someone with a professional background in my opinion. Ormond Beach is nice but has little going on. Palm Coast is nice as well (most areas), but very family-oriented and has basically zero going on for young singles. Even the south side of Jacksonville would be a hellish trek (an hour or more each way) and the only area completely suitable for young professionals.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 AM

8 posts, read 14,437 times
Also if you do live in Palm Coast, avoid all those ghetto duplex rentals in the B section! Oh, in case you didn't know, Palm Coast is divided up into sections, B, C, F, etc. All the streets in each section start with the letter of the section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida