Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 AM

119 posts, read 253,487 times

Advertisements

Thanks hsmomof2! I need the positive comments!! Where did you move from? How was the move? I've always known that I belong in FL from the very first time I visited when I was 11yo! I've loved it ever since Where did you move to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrn2112 View Post
Still trying to sell our house...hopefully soon Gonna be in Orlando a week from Saturday...probably go check Brandon out and totally ENJOY ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers for selling our house GREATLY appreciated! See ya soon
Sorry! Being saddled with a house when you want to move stinks. We still have ours in Michigan after moving two years ago.

We've got it on the market for well under what we paid, and definitely less than what the market value is, but so far no luck. We're thinking of dropping it down further, just because having to pay double the insurance and property taxes is not helpful (they doubled as soon as we lost our homestead exemption).

We have renters in it, which obviously helps a lot. Have you thought about going that route? It's a bit of a pain, but not terrible. You can keep it on the market in the meantime.

Good luck!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmomof2 View Post
we just couldn't wait anymore- we had it on for a year and tried to hold out but it really is what people will pay for it not what you want to sell your home for. You either price to sell or you sit and wait. it was either sell or let it sit while paying rent here and a mortgage there... you really have to decide what you want/need to do. He was able to get a job here and we didn't have a choice to wait it out.
very good post. Tell it like it is. I had friends that had to make that choice on two houses they owned in Central Fl. One was a custom built home and after a while on the market, they made the choice to bring the house way down. Since it was a pretty expensive house to start with, it was still quite a bit. They essentially ended up breaking even, pretty much. Also, they had already purchase another house and were living in it.

The other house was inherited and an older home in a great town and location. They held on for 2-3 years but with the taxes and insurance, it was eating into whatever profit they could make. They had kept lowering their price over time. When they finally had a serious buyer, they went on Craigs list and contracted with someone to remove all that had been stored in the garage area and boom, it was gone. They are happy.

Now, these people, were not wealthy but they were not hurting and the only child had long since left the nest. They tried to ride it out, its just the market wasn't there.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Ugh....STILL trying to sell our house Have a showing Saturday, first in about 2 months!! Dropped the price AGAIN! This selling house stuff really STINKS!!!! Prob. won't be in FL till about April because my hubby has to have open knee surgery with donor bone and cartlige Hopefully, well be outta this house soon so that when we're ready to go we can pick up and leave

Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Quote:
Ugh....STILL trying to sell our house Have a showing Saturday, first in about 2 months!! Dropped the price AGAIN! This selling house stuff really STINKS!!!! Prob. won't be in FL till about April because my hubby has to have open knee surgery with donor bone and cartlige Hopefully, well be outta this house soon so that when we're ready to go we can pick up and leave
I know you don;t want to hear this. But if this is the first showing in 2 months.... your house is not priced right. Your agent is doing a disservice to you.

My opinion. Lower the price to get some interest and don't plan on doing closing costs. It's always better to get offers that you can accept and/or reject than get no offers at all. Plus, when people make an offer they become emotionally attached, meaning you can adjust the numbers more on counteroffers.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Well, we lowered again, which is when we got the showing scheduled...figured it was the price...this is the 4th time we've dropped it...wish us luck!! Thanks for the comment

Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Ok, 6mos now on the market...had another showing today Still dreaming of when we finally get to come to Brandon...Here's to an AWESOME Christmas and AWESOME New Year! Hope to see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Good luck! You will sell it. Keep asking your agent to keep you informed of what is selling in your area and for how much.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:52 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Quote:
Thanks hsmomof2! I need the positive comments!! Where did you move from? How was the move? I've always known that I belong in FL from the very first time I visited when I was 11yo! I've loved it ever since Where did you move to?
We moved from Cincinnati to Riverview, right next to Brandon, six months ago, after years of research and exploratory trips, and we are loving it here. The people are very nice, Brandon has all the shopping anyone could ever want, the weather is amazing - in the 80s with blue skies and sunshine, and the natural beauty is awe inspiring.

We sold all of our furniture and only moved personal items using ABF U-Pack relocation cubes. It was a very easy process and they were great to work with.

I had to laugh when I read that from your first visit you always knew you belonged in Florida because I felt the same way. Cincinnati was too cold, too gray, and too gloomy for me and I got tired of wearing long underwear for months on end to stay warm. You are going to love it here. I've been in flipflops everyday for six months now and went swimming this week. Coming from the Midwest this is like being in a tropical paradise.

Good luck with selling your house. Clean it thoroughly, make all repairs, stage it to bring out its best features, then price it aggressively and it will sell. Even if you lose a little money it will be worth it in the end because that will mean nothing to you once you get here. I know that sounds weird, but everyone I've talked to has said the same thing. Best wishes.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:56 AM

Thanks Sunny! We've done all of the above, trust me...Just keep praying that it will sell soon....We'll be here till at least April of next year due to my hubby's knee surgery SO can't wait to get there...just me and the hubby I'm a warm climate kinda person...HATE being cold!!!! I keep picturing us in Brandon, me working at the hospital, going to the beach on my days off...volunteering with my daughter at Clearwater Aquarium Keeps me going! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Can't wait to decorate my Christmas Palm tree next year!! See ya soon Florida!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida