Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 09:23 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times

Advertisements

Insurers use social media - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Thumbs down Mr Zuckerberg don't like this.

Hopefully this will motivate people to stop posting so much personal information in those sites.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Hopefully this will motivate people to stop posting so much personal information in those sites.
This is not new just more technological. Years ago they would plant books in libraries on obscure and special interest subjects and see who comes looking for them. Now you give away a lot about yourself in everyting you do even on a board like this.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Well, gee, I guess I shouldn't post about my crimes and scams.

The article isn't about the Average Joe talking about his new puppy.

Regarding health insurers, yeah, I saw that coming but the problem with them is they are just looking for an excuse, anyway. People that don't use seat belts and continuously have risky behavior are going to be a concern. Yes. But let's face it, insurers are looking for a reason to deny or jack up premiums. They did it before Facebook, too. That's an entirely different discussion about insurance reform.

I say this all the time. If you don't have anything to hide this shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM

615 posts, read 1,675,674 times

^^^Did I hear BUSTED! ahahaha

Now people will hopefully be HONEST and not try to commit FRAUD with their insurance and such..........serves them right!

Old 10-10-2011, 03:24 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
This is not new just more technological. Years ago they would plant books in libraries on obscure and special interest subjects and see who comes looking for them. Now you give away a lot about yourself in everyting you do even on a board like this.
Yeah but its not the same still. Message boards tend to be anonymus. When you post something in facebook (and Twitter to some extent) you cannot hide your identity, your friends or family are reading, usually your full name is there too. In a message board anyone can be a troll and people use handles not their real first and last name. It's faster, more accurate and more cost effective to monitor Facebook and/or Twitter.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,178 times
If the average person is too dumb to be a crook, explain to me how we got all of these politicians in their offices?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
If the average person is too dumb to be a crook, explain to me how we got all of these politicians in their offices?
In most cases they don't slide in under the radar, everything about them is right there. They weave lies that like minded people listen to. It is kind of amazing, they will contradict statements that they said only the previous week to suit a certain audience and they are themselves so narrow minded or bigoted they don't even care the person they are listening to a lire.

Look at today's story that has come out about Marco Rubio. Want to bet someone won't come on here and defend him. They don't care he is a liar as long as he tells them what they want to hear.

To answer how they get elected, it is because we let them. They get elected through voter apathy not voter support. Large groups are always controlled by small groups because they accept it. Sometimes it is through fear and intimidation, always lies, but mostly human apathy. As long as one is not immediately effected they don't care and it can all take place as they sit on the side lines, then later when they see what is happening it is too late. This is the way most people live their lives as well I should ad. It is really hard to feel sorry for people sometimes. As the saying goes I think it was Jefferson

"The people get the government they deserve".

Report: Marco Rubio's family story embellishes facts, documents show - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Last edited by mango23; 10-21-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 04:41 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Booyah!

They also like to play to folks' prejudice and greed. They tell them that they are good people that pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, worked hard and deserve everything they have. True in many situations, by the way.

But they then tell them that these unseen people are going to take it away from them. They are union workers, teachers, cops, firefighters and the welfare queens with the BMWs (noticed it has changed from Cadillacs) and cellphones (that use to be color tvs). Those people are all out to take the poor working stiff. And I am honestly stunned by how many union workers, many retired, buy into this.

These slimeballs will grind these people with the heel of their shoes and they will never know what hit them. When every last vote - from any side of the aisle - is bought and America will no longer be "for the people" they will be stunned.

But the politicians know the quickest way to get their votes is to tell them how great they are, how the neighbors are going to take from them. They also feed into that perennial American dream that if you work hard enough you too can be the 1 percent. Or at least benefit from those people. They are their friends, these benevolent folks that would leave them for dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
In most cases they don't slide in under the radar, everything about them is right there. They weave lies that like minded people listen to. It is kind of amazing, they will contradict statements that they said only the previous week to suit a certain audience and they are themselves so narrow minded or bigoted they don't even care the person they are listening to a lire.

Look at today's story that has come out about Marco Rubio. Want to bet someone won't come on here and defend him. They don't care he is a liar as long as he tells them what they want to hear.

To answer how they get elected, it is because we let them. They get elected through voter apathy not voter support. Large groups are always controlled by small groups because they accept it. Sometimes it is through fear and intimidation, always lies, but mostly human apathy. As long as one is not immediately effected they don't care and it can all take place as they sit on the side lines, then later when they see what is happening it is too late. This is the way most people live their lives as well I should ad. It is really hard to feel sorry for people sometimes. As the saying goes I think it was Jefferson

"The people get the government they deserve".

Report: Marco Rubio's family story embellishes facts, documents show - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida