Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Actually there were two of them. Both poster boys for why we need the death penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcole07 View Post
Tell us what should they do with is one?
Conn. man convicted in deadly '07 home invasion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
What do you mean so what? If you're unable to see the parallel it's not worth discussing further and why mention Japan if you're not worried about comparison?
If you're unable to see why some "human beings" don't belong on this planet with as you say, civilized people, then it's not worth discussing.
What would you with the guy mentioned in lcole07's posting from above ? Try and rehabilitate him ? How about Bundy ? Gacy ? Danny Rolling ? The list goes on and on and the planet is much better off w/o these pieces of garbage.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
If you're unable to see why some "human beings" don't belong on this planet with as you say, civilized people, then it's not worth discussing.
What would you with the guy mentioned in lcole07's posting from above ? Try and rehabilitate him ? How about Bundy ? Gacy ? Danny Rolling ? The list goes on and on and the planet is much better off w/o these pieces of garbage.
So once they're in jail for life aren't they away from society? Taking it the one step further is the dividing line between civilized and not.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:30 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
So once they're in jail for life aren't they away from society? Taking it the one step further is the dividing line between civilized and not.
That's your opinion, but there are many death penalty advocates in this country who would disagree.

What are you going to do with these depraved individuals in prison ? Well, you'll have to put them in isolation, otherwise they'll end up like Dahmer. Isolation costs more taxpayer money and I'd be willing to be that most of these murderers would rather die, than sit in a 6x8 cell by themselves for 23 hours a day for the rest of their lives. Death penalty opponents will argue that the death penalty is more expensive to enforce than life in prison, but that's a product of an appeals process that needs a substantial reform.

Lethal injection is as civilized as it gets when talking about ending a condemned person's life. Comparing us to countries like Iran, Afghanistan & Saudi Arabia is fruitless as stonings, beheadings and public hangings are employed as the method of execution. Sure, the end result is the same. But the condemned murderer should have thought about the consequences before he viciously took another's life. To me, you forfeit your right to live on this earth in that case ...

Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 PM

27,214 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
That's your opinion, but there are many death penalty advocates in this country who would disagree.

What are you going to do with these depraved individuals in prison ? Well, you'll have to put them in isolation, otherwise they'll end up like Dahmer. Isolation costs more taxpayer money and I'd be willing to be that most of these murderers would rather die, than sit in a 6x8 cell by themselves for 23 hours a day for the rest of their lives. Death penalty opponents will argue that the death penalty is more expensive to enforce than life in prison, but that's a product of an appeals process that needs a substantial reform.

Lethal injection is as civilized as it gets when talking about ending a condemned person's life. Comparing us to countries like Iran, Afghanistan & Saudi Arabia is fruitless as stonings, beheadings and public hangings are employed as the method of execution. Sure, the end result is the same. But the condemned murderer should have thought about the consequences before he viciously took another's life. To me, you forfeit your right to live on this earth in that case ...
It is my opinion and the opinion of many others. Thankfully it's a state mandate, and not federal so by virtue of the concentration of the supportive demographic it's not entirely widespread. Which goes back to the original slant of this thread and more or less how we wound up with Governor Nutjob.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM

181 posts, read 291,185 times

Love that!

(especially the firing squad..my favorite)

Old 10-15-2011, 10:54 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
It is my opinion and the opinion of many others. Thankfully it's a state mandate, and not federal so by virtue of the concentration of the supportive demographic it's not entirely widespread. Which goes back to the original slant of this thread and more or less how we wound up with Governor Nutjob.
I don't think the issue here is the death penalty but the execution method. Sorry but you are changing the subject and the real point of this thread is not getting across.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Oh wait, and of course he's a "christian"....

Florida House of Representatives - Brad*Drake*

Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $musicman$ View Post
Love that!

(especially the firing squad..my favorite)
In all seriousness, if this guy really means this, who is going to pull the trigger? It is not human nature to kill. Does he want the job, I would bet not. It is easy to say things from the safety of his office. Much like those hawks like Cheney with their multipal deferments. Easy to send people to do your dirty work as long as you are home safe.

Back to the original point, I wonder of the Mr. Drake would like to do the dirty himself with a knife as he looks the guy in the eyes? I would doubt it, this former law clerk is just another little political coward with a big mouth.
Look at this tough guys bio,
<>

Biographical Information
City of Residence:

Eucheeanna

Marketing Executive
Education:

University of Florida, B.S., Economics, 1993-2000, Alpha Gamma Rho, Chaplain, 1999, Student Stock Market Investment Club; Okaloosa-Walton Community College, Student Government Senator
Born:

February 7, 1975, Fort Walton Beach, FL

History:

J. Troy Peacock, grandfather, Florida House of Representatives, 1937, 1947, 1948, 1957, 1959; David Earl Drake, father, Superintendent of Walton County Schools, 1976-1980; Pat Thomas, cousin, Florida House of Representatives, 1972-1974, Florida Senate, 1974-2000, President of the Senate, 1994
Religious Affiliation:

Baptist
Recreational Interest:

fishing, Florida history, golf, growing vegetables, hunting, NASCAR

Old 10-16-2011, 12:25 PM

156 posts, read 434,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
Yeah, this should help put FL on the map as a nice place for families and corporate headquarters of global companies.

I never thought FL would be more backwards than Georgia, but here we are. GA looks downright progressive in hindsight!
Except this guy is from the panhandle. Their crazy views up there are much more in line with AL and GA than the bulk of the population who lives in the Central and Southern parts of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida