Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:35 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times

Advertisements

For me I feel like with Fla you see a few parts you've seen it all. A drive on I-75 is the same drap scenery till I hit I 4 to 95 then to Northern Fla. I feel like I can only see so many beaches before its sand, palm trees, some grassy area and water . Swamp kinda looks like welll swamp and the rest is just mostly some akes and springs.. Up north or other parts you have mountains which can vary in size, shape frequency etc. Also I think with the season change the scenery changes too. In fla (at this far south) there isn't a really distinct change in season but maybe a few days a year so you don't get a season of flowers blooming, leaves falling off nor do u get a change in wardrobe. All of that can equal a feeling of monotony and just feel boring year after year after year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
For me I feel like with Fla you see a few parts you've seen it all. A drive on I-75 is the same drap scenery till I hit I 4 to 95 then to Northern Fla. I feel like I can only see so many beaches before its sand, palm trees, some grassy area and water . Swamp kinda looks like welll swamp and the rest is just mostly some akes and springs.. Up north or other parts you have mountains which can vary in size, shape frequency etc. Also I think with the season change the scenery changes too. In fla (at this far south) there isn't a really distinct change in season but maybe a few days a year so you don't get a season of flowers blooming, leaves falling off nor do u get a change in wardrobe. All of that can equal a feeling of monotony and just feel boring year after year after year
Totally agree Sweetbottoms ... Columbus actually thought the world was round until he got to Florida and found it was REALLY flat !

Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 AM

615 posts, read 1,675,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteU View Post

Ocala National Forest, right smack dab in the middle of the state.

Also interior Florida:

Lake George.

Florida scrub.

Devil's Millhopper.

Florida's springs.

WOW!!! That is just amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Where are those Springs?! I'd love to go some day.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,292 times
People tend to like scenes with a "terminated vista", that is, something to look at. When you can see so far and there are no hills or even bends in the road, it makes for a boring scene. Unless you're at sea, the horizon and the sky are not really scenic. While it makes for easy navigation, the roads go in straight lines - because there are not many hills. If you consider strip malls scenery, then FL is very scenic indeed.

There are exceptions, of course. I recently drove from Bradenton across the state through Okeechobee to the east coast and even though all I saw was orange groves, cattle, and a prison, the landscape was pretty scenic. I'm a country boy at heart.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,673 times
Quote:
You need to get off the interstates. They don't build interstates through the nice & scenic places...they build them over the flat lands that are easy & cheaper to build on.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
What some people should do is take a ride up 301 to Ocala.

Get away from the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
You need to get off the interstates. They don't build interstates through the nice & scenic places...they build them over the flat lands that are easy & cheaper to build on.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I guess you had no idea of any of this information which you provided BEFORE you decided to come live here. Or maybe you had different information all all of the things you listed happened after you got here.

Nobody relocates for no reason at all. There must have been something wrong with the mountains, season change, winter, summer, etc for one to relocate in the first place. I think some people need to face up to the fact that they made a mistake and fix that mistake pronto as it has to be very difficult to live in a place one is not happy in.

But the big question always remains unanswered. Why did you go to where you are now in the first place???

Quote:

Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
bottom line, most people need varying topography to think a place is majestic or scenic. florida doesn't provide much in the way of drastic elevation changes. there's lots of beauty in the state but unless it's smacking most people in the face, they can't appreciate it.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
I've been to MANY places in florida (i've been here for 27 years) including places like ocala as mentioned above and I can't say I was blown away or even impressed by the scenery. Looks like the other small town fla type mossy grown trees ridden areas. I can't say I'm overly impressed by a cold water spring (or rainbow springs which I spend a week at) .. Mostly again just green scenery. I dunno just not my cup of tea

Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I guess you had no idea of any of this information which you provided BEFORE you decided to come live here. Or maybe you had different information all all of the things you listed happened after you got here.

Nobody relocates for no reason at all. There must have been something wrong with the mountains, season change, winter, summer, etc for one to relocate in the first place. I think some people need to face up to the fact that they made a mistake and fix that mistake pronto as it has to be very difficult to live in a place one is not happy in.

But the big question always remains unanswered. Why did you go to where you are now in the first place???

I was brought here when I was 1..i didn't have much choice in the matter so you'd have to ask my parents what drew them (who both left) however I do admit to making a mistake in coming back because of some circumstances out of my hands at the time.. However my husband and I are working on rectifying that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida