Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose...
Tampa 35 54.69%
Orlando 23 35.94%
Not sure 6 9.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times

Advertisements

Tampa easy. No mouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:40 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Orlando for the same reason others have already stated. I also like the direction Orlando is headed in. But don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Tampa also. I visit often and enjoy it every time. It's like the OP said coke v. pepsi, I can drink both happily, I just happen to prefer one if I have to choose.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:03 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
Tampa for the beach
I take it people do not understand these metros. You realize that Tampa and Orlando are about equal distance from the coastal beaches right? Otherwise you are in the bay...Anyway they are are more or less the same distance to get to good beaches. This isn't Orlando vs Clearwater.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:40 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I take it people do not understand these metros. You realize that Tampa and Orlando are about equal distance from the coastal beaches right? Otherwise you are in the bay...Anyway they are are more or less the same distance to get to good beaches. This isn't Orlando vs Clearwater.
wow, really? I'd take Clearwater over Cocoa anyday regardless.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Only downfall for Orlando is it is not on the coast. I still woud prefer Orlando, more of an International type city. Not saying its NY or Miami but compared to Tampa it is. IMO more things to do too.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
And while Orlando isn't "on" the coast, the thousands of lakes in the metro are beautiful and give the water feel many like. The beaches are pretty much an hour or less away for much of the metro.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:19 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
I absolutely hate the way people drive in Orlando. Yes, people do drive better in Tampa. Orlando seems to have worse traffic as well.

I got to be near the water. Tampa.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:28 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Both are cities in Florida, have similar demographics, are in counties of roughly the same population, and are approximately in the same area of Florida. They are commonly disputed against one another like Apple vs. Mac or Coke vs. Pepsi, etc.

But in terms of the cost of living, job market, raising a family, housing, economy, transportation and in terms of entertainment, etc, which city would you rather live in and call home? And which two city is better overall?
I went to Tampa for the first time a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. It's small but homey and sort of rural. Lots of wide open space to breathe. Lots of trees. It's less busy than other parts of Florida which is great. It has a nice downtown, nice suburbs, close proximity to extremely nice beaches and St. Petersburg. It's one of the best cities in Florida in my opinion. I wish a year ago we would have moved there first instead of SW Florida.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I went to Tampa for the first time a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. It's small but homey and sort of rural. Lots of wide open space to breathe. Lots of trees. It's less busy than other parts of Florida which is great. It has a nice downtown, nice suburbs, close proximity to extremely nice beaches and St. Petersburg. It's one of the best cities in Florida in my opinion. I wish a year ago we would have moved there first instead of SW Florida.
This is what I love about the expanded Tampa Bay area - you have some parts with a bit of "city feel" but still have a lot of open space to enjoy - I like having some breathing room. Just north of Tampa in eastern Pasco County there are even some beautiful hills! And the Gulf Beaches from St. Pete down through Sarasota are among the best in Florida, maybe even the country. Beautiful white sands and awesome sunsets! We are never leaving this area. (Currently in Sarasota)

Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Orlando for sure. Next best city and international stature after Miami IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida