Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 05:35 PM

106 posts, read 568,469 times

Advertisements

Florida has it problems like any other state, if someone can eat sleep and have fun in Florida than what is the problem I have live in New Jersey 20 years, and I look forward to move in January to the Tampa area, If I can eat sleep pay my mortgage and survive so damn what is so bad about it, come to NJ where taxes polluted air, crazy house prices are driving a lot of people out, please people if any of you in here that live in Florida and survive why a lot of people here like to complaint about Florida why.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:59 PM

9 posts, read 26,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike28 View Post
Florida has it problems like any other state, if someone can eat sleep and have fun in Florida than what is the problem I have live in New Jersey 20 years, and I look forward to move in January to the Tampa area, If I can eat sleep pay my mortgage and survive so damn what is so bad about it, come to NJ where taxes polluted air, crazy house prices are driving a lot of people out, please people if any of you in here that live in Florida and survive why a lot of people here like to complaint about Florida why.

Hi Mike 28... we are not complaining about moving to Tampa, Florida ! we can't wait to move from living in the Dominican Republic.
Sylvia DR

Old 08-30-2007, 06:08 PM

25 posts, read 112,626 times
Default I can tell you why I complain about Tampa Florida.

Keep in mind I am a 4th generation Tampa boy so my thoughts might be different from others.

1. Rude Yankee drivers
2. The out of control developers building Vista this or Boca that with very little respect for the natural beauty of Florida.
3. Crime from Anglo suburban gangsta’s
4. Crime from African cracker hating gangsta’s
5. Crime from Brooklyn born Puerto Rican gangsta’s
6. Also any of the three above mentioned blares music as loud as they can with very little respect for others trying to sleep, eat dinner or any other thing you like to do quietly.

I am sure I could think of more if I had the time.

I have lived in a few other places in the United States. NYC, DC and now Houston. And as much as I hate Tampa, I love it and miss it. It’s a very unique place that is a little Hi ya’ll Southern, Italian and Cuban and has been for the past hundred years. But now it’s all different and I think many of us natives really resent that.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Ok

Well not to the city of Tampa but it's surrounding areas which are plenty an nice I did it mean the city.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Sylvia DR

I am also from the Dominican Republic this is my email acuramdx2@yahoo.com please email me so that we can talk I will be moving to Valrico in January.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 PM

272 posts, read 1,531,970 times
Is it just me or does it seem like people who don't live in Florida or who've lived here for less than 5 years talk about how great FL is and assume the rest of us are crazy. Meanwhile, those of us who have lived here for a long time talk about what we dislike and can't understand why anyone wants to move here?
I wonder if it is because the long time residents remember how nice FL used to be compared to now or if the novelty of FL wears off after the first few years.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times
I left after 30 years for a number of reasons but you are right about comparing how things use to be compared to now. Too many subdivisions built with no road improvements. Crime and drugs were not nearly as bad as they are now. Having thugs break windows in my house just for fun. Cars with music so loud the windows shook.
I know I like living in a small AL town where I can walk into a store without worrying about someone grabbing my purse while in the parking lot. People smile at you, talk to you without knowing you, just a slower pace. Don't have an alarm on my house and can leave my car unlocked in my driveway. Lower property taxes, insurance and utilities.
I do miss a lot of things about Tampa especially the cuban food.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Default I don't get it

Many families live in the Valrico area how bad are this areas I see parents walking and enjoying the community please people don't be so negative. Tampa the city is different than normal living areas like Valrico Lutz area.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Why hate Florida

Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,196,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike28 View Post
For some people there is more to life then just surviving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida