Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 07:21 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
Not true. If you don't have insurance they tow you, you cannot continue to drive without insurance in the state of Florida.
Exactly. Even though I have told Seain, I have personal experience with this issue when my son's insurance company reported he had canceled his insurance which he did but he also got another insurance co.

They took his tag off of his car and told him they would tow it or he could have it towed but he could not drive it until he got his insurance problem taken care of and bring proof of new insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 AM

646 posts, read 1,642,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
"I just thought I would share my personal experience. I must add that we haven't been through a hurricane here, we have no claims on our insurance. Nothing. They claim that "building materials" have gone up. I joked around and asked which ones and he said, "WOOD!". Really? I live in a CBS home, with a few sticks holding up my roof. Does it really cost 50k more to build my home today vs. last year? "

You obviously have no clue about home construction.

All the interior walls have wood or metal stud walls, and in most cases everything on a CBS home above the first floor in a single floor home is also W. or M. stud walls. If there are gables on a home most likely they are stud walls And many areas are filled in with stud walls because they are designed that way. Just because it is covered with stucco on the outside does not mean that it is a CBS wall.

For some one claiming to be a Real Estate Professional you seem to have no clue about the product you sell.
Maybe it is time to educate yourself about how a home is constructed.

Please go through and reread my post. Hint: I underlined where you must have skipped.

Thank you Master Carpenter Equal for your lovely paragraph of how CBS homes are constructed! I just thought I lived in a concrete box.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:19 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Good to see that misinformation is responded to with correct information.
Some folks just continue to post inaccurate information on a continual basis for no particular purpose. The fact of the matter is you cannot buy a license plate and registration for a car, or other four-wheel vehicle, without having coverage issued in Florida. Once you have this insurance, anytime you renew it, fail to renew it, cancel it, or the insurance company cancels the policy, the insurance company must notify the Dept of MV. They will then notify you to provide proof of new coverage. If you fail to provide proof of insurance, your driver license and license plate will be suspended for up to three years.

When you buy insurance, you will be issued a Florida Insurance I.D. card You must have this card ready to show to any law enforcement officer to prove that you have the required insurance. If not, you may receive a ticket for not having proof of insurance. There is a difference between not having proof of insurance vs. not having insurance.

I hope that the misconception of driving with out insurance is and the resulting circumstances are clear now.

Perhaps this will stop the perpetuation of the incorrect information often
posted again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Exactly. Even though I have told Seain, I have personal experience with this issue when my son's insurance company reported he had canceled his insurance which he did but he also got another insurance co.

They took his tag off of his car and told him they would tow it or he could have it towed but he could not drive it until he got his insurance problem taken care of and bring proof of new insurance.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Besides, the OP is really about homeowner's insurance.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 AM

The State of Vermont has 623k people. Brevard County FL has 536k people.
The risk of an accident in Brevard County is much higher than in the state of Vermont. Higher risk means higher premiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtallison View Post
I thought I would chime in about auto. I live in VT now and I checked with progressive about how much higher my auto would be as we are considering moving to the space coast and it was 3x higher.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRESI View Post
Please go through and reread my post. Hint: I underlined where you must have skipped.

Thank you Master Carpenter Equal for your lovely paragraph of how CBS homes are constructed! I just thought I lived in a concrete box.
Thank you I have been in the construction field for 38 years I know how a home is built. from the ground up. Also there is probably more wood in the rafter system of an average home then in the rest of the walls combined, it takes a lot of wood to build a CBS home.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The State of Vermont has 623k people. Brevard County FL has 536k people.
The risk of an accident in Brevard County is much higher than in the state of Vermont. Higher risk means higher premiums.
Not to mention the ratio of uninsured drivers is estimated to be 2 to 3 times higher in Florida vs. Vermont...

http://www.aicpcu.org/irc/News/IRCUM2011_042111.pdf

Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 AM

A state of 18 mil people vs a state with a little over 1/2 mil. The odds have to be against Fl on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Not to mention the ratio of uninsured drivers is estimated to be 2 to 3 times higher in Florida vs. Vermont...

http://www.aicpcu.org/irc/News/IRCUM2011_042111.pdf

Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times
Wont happen as long as there is a republican governor...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 PM

677 posts, read 933,950 times
One way to avoid mortgage increases is to "faithfully" add money into your escrow acct with each mortgage payment, as little as $40-50/month can avoid high spikes when your payments are re-evaluated each yr. That's what we did & it kept us from increases in the event that taxes/homeowners insurance went up, & by law if your mortgage company doesn't use the extra money in that acct yearly they refund it to you, we would then roll it back over to them to keep a sufficient amt of money in our acct just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida